Cant connect to server problem....

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Mmm, I wish I knew what it was....takes me half an hour sometimes to get on hear....
You're not alone, It's exactly the same for me at times. Just gotta come back 30 or so minutes later

desisher

School Cricketer
i can't even access PC from my home computer. Anybody know why?
It started a week ago i think...

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Yeah its happening for me too, although its sometimes with other sites as well. I'd type the address, it'd immediately give a not found error, then on a "try again" in Firefox, it'd load. I thought this was a DNS issue... I'll load OpenDNS today and see how it goes!

TumTum

International Cricketer
Pretty sure it's this sites problem, been happening for ages, and has been commented on for ages, and has been ignored by admins for ages.

Owzat

International Coach
I have on several occaisions not been able to access the site, it has to be the site not either PC or browser I use since I can access other websites and I'd have a lot more problems if it was issues with which browser

Owzat added 0 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

We're well aware of the issues and all that we can afford to do has been done.

Perhaps if people posted less cr ap........................ :yes (not aimed at you/admin)

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
It definitely seems like a DNS issue. For what it's worth, I've never encountered this error. For me either the server is available or it isn't. No amount of refreshing fixes that.

D

Dutch

It definitely seems like a DNS issue. For what it's worth, I've never encountered this error. For me either the server is available or it isn't. No amount of refreshing fixes that.

Forgive my utter ignorance: I have as much knowledge of DNS as Oprah Winfrey has of Ski-jumping. what is it and is that something to do with PC's server or my computer??:help

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
If it is that it is either a misconfiguration of your settings, or your ISP being rubbish.

D

Dutch

If it is that it is either a misconfiguration of your settings, or your ISP being rubbish.

meaning it is, as you originally said, a problem at my end? (Mmm, never had a problem with my end before, I mean none of the ladies has ever complained before....:p)

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Some of the problems might be, but most of it is the server. Just contact your ISP's support and ask them what they recommend for the best settings. It may well be as simple as typing some numbers in to a box.

D

Dutch

Some of the problems might be, but most of it is the server. Just contact your ISP's support and ask them what they recommend for the best settings. It may well be as simple as typing some numbers in to a box.

Okay, cheers Matt. Thanks for your help. :)

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
For me, I often have to try twice before it'll actually go through - good (you know what I mean) that others are having issues - now I know it isn't anything to do with my connection - all other sites are fine.

Users who are viewing this thread