Cannot connect to lan

rabeta

News Team Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
As you can guess, i am on anther computer at the moment.

The problem is I have just formatted my hard drive and backed up all I thought I needed to. However, now i try to connect to my router (through a wire) I cannot, and the local area connection icon does not even appear in the network connections folder. The device is under other devices in the device manager I think, and is said to be a network controller. There is a problem with it it says. It says that there is no driver. The trouble is that I cannot get the driver through the Windows wizard as the internet is down, and I cannot find the drivers on the 3com website.

I would appreciate some help, thanks ;)

D

Deleted member 11215

if your pc came with a motherboard cd use that it should fix it.

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
As you can guess, i am on anther computer at the moment.

The problem is I have just formatted my hard drive and backed up all I thought I needed to. However, now i try to connect to my router (through a wire) I cannot, and the local area connection icon does not even appear in the network connections folder. The device is under other devices in the device manager I think, and is said to be a network controller. There is a problem with it it says. It says that there is no driver. The trouble is that I cannot get the driver through the Windows wizard as the internet is down, and I cannot find the drivers on the 3com website.

I would appreciate some help, thanks ;)

Google and download Everest Home edition, install it on your machine. Check the exact make and model of the Network card by running Everest. Post it here.

rabeta

News Team Member
I have downloaded Everest and then tried to look for the network card but I cannot find it, but there is a network adapter under unknown devices, here is a screenshot with the info about it:

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
You are looking at the wrong place. Click on PCI/PNP network too if you can't see it under Windows network.
untitledjd1.png

rabeta

News Team Member
Thanks for all you help so far sid. Here is the screenshot you requested:

rabeta

News Team Member
Don't worry about it Sid actually, it took me a while, but I got it working. I just had to download the PRO2KXP with the driver and it worked...thanks you very much for your help...reps ;)

Users who are viewing this thread