BSOD

India51A

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I just reinstalled Ashes Cricket after some time not playing it, and I am occasionally getting a BSOD, sometimes when I click on the icon to start it, and some times during playing the game.

I don't remember getting this problem when I first played the game so I am wondering if it could be anything to do with the two patches(which I have installed), or with the new ASUS EN9800GT grphics card that I installed on the same day!

Anyway, I have attached 2 minidumps in ths thread, http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/technology/blue-screen-death-thread-40799-2.html, and wondered if some of you technically gifted guys could look at it and tell me what is causing the BSOD. Thanks.

India51A

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well, I've acttually solved the problem myself, and can say with 100% certainty that it was the 2nd Beta patch that was causing my blue screens.

I reinstalled the game a few days ago and was constantly plagued by BSOD, so today I finally sorted it out. I had originally installed it with both patches installed in the correct order. Earlier today I tried 4 times to start the game from my desktop shortcut icon, only to result in a BSOD every time.

So I then decided to completely uninstall the game and reinstall it again, one part at a time. That is to say, I first installed the full game from my retail disc and started it up from my desktop icon, no problems at all, game started and was perfectly ok, I then installed Patch 1 and started the game up again, once more the game started up, no BSOD and it worked fine. So the only thing that was different from me getting the BSOD continually, was that I didn't install the 2nd patch this time, so there lies the culprit. End of story.

Users who are viewing this thread