Buying Laptop - Need Suggestions

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Alright. I've narrowed it down to 3 models. It's gonna be either one from HP Pavilion G6-2302AX or Sony VAIO VPCEH35EN or Asus K55VD-SX313D

Thanks for your help guys.

Chewie

BCCI President
If you want to play DBC on it you'd want a dedicated graphics card and not intel graphics I reckon.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
All the 3 models that I have narrowed down have dedicated memory. So I should be good to go.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
I've been spoilt for choice. A visit to the local computer store has put me in a dilemma. For a config of

Code:
i5 2.6GHz
4GB RAM
1GB Graphics
500GB HDD
DOS
15.6" LED

The prices are as follows:
Code:
Dell - 30,500
Lenevo - 29, 500
HP - 30, 000
Sony - 36, 500
Acer - 28, 000
Asus - 28,500

The models that I shortlisted weren't even available at the store. Instead, he gave me the above options.

I can strike out Sony as 36,500 is out of my budget. Now I'm confused between the rest of the bands available to me.

Any ideas?

Abhas

Retired Administrator
I have a Dell Studio, which I'm using since the last 4.5 years, and it hasn't given me any problem. Based on that, I'd recommend dell. HP have had a history of over heating and battery problems. Out of the other 3, lenovo's the most trustworthy.

fiction

County Cricketer
My friend has had an HP laptop for 5 years now and he hasn't encountered any problems. As for me, I have been using HP laptop for 2.5 years and it still runs perfectly.

Last edited:

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Lenovo are generally pretty good value for money.

Dell normally have pretty good reliability but you pay a bit more for the brand name. Sony always add a bit more for the brand name on top of that :p

Both Acer and Asus are the slightly riskier options in terms of build quality. Most of the time people will be fine and it'll have no problems and the cheaper entry price is worth any inconceivable difference in parity of performance. The allround feel of the laptop is likely to be the difference in price to the other options though.

The Sony one will almost certainly 'feel' the nicest, the Dell one will be pretty close. Lenovo are definitely the best of the rest and if you're not all about the looks of a laptop and just want the most performance for your buck they will probably be best.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
I would have created a new thread but this one is absolutely relevant to my query.

I'm to buy a new laptop and my budget is pretty similar. 25,000 - 30,000 maybe 2,000 more. My main priority is gaming and watching movies, that's all I'm looking for. Most of the laptops, even with Intel HD graphics can run DBC. But the main question is, can I find a good gaming laptop at this price? I've come across 2 yet - Dell Vostro and HP 15 -g009ax. Any suggestions would be appreciated, no specific brand choice from my side. :)

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Most of the laptops, even with Intel HD graphics can run DBC.

No, Intel HD doesn't support gaming. I have this card and doesn't run much of the games.

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
No, Intel HD doesn't support gaming. I have this card and doesn't run much of the games.

Relatively low end graphical games such as DBC will most likely run on Intel HD provided the other specs are decent enough.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Any one here using either of Nvdia GeForce 820M or AMD Radeon HD 8570?

Users who are viewing this thread