Candidate Mafia | Mafia Wins! (Jack Ryder/Simon)

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
In the OP I put any in italics. As for the last question, pose it to the guys you're playing the game with please.
Fair enough. Sorry for derailing the flow.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Interesting nominations there. I'm not as convinced as User but he has a point - there is a possibility of having a mafia decoy in there, especially given the candidates that we have. I still have my eye on ResidentEvil and Ali, who got off easy yesterday because of Deadpool. They could well be a team with ResidentEvil trying to pass off as town by being on the nomination list. As for Jack and asprin, I think they're in there because of the spat they had early yesterday, and the mafia want one of them to lynch each other off. Neither are off the hook for me though, but ResidentEvil has seemed more like a mafia on Day 1 than the other two in my opinion.

FOS: ResidentEvil

Would like input from others before going straight for a lynch, but at this point I'm very likely to follow through.
Seriously mate... Why would I put my name if I'm the mafia? I was and I'm the main suspect from the time the game began. All have posted against me, and all will lynch me so that I can be killed. I wouldn't have taken such a big risk if I was the mafia. Can't you see other two names listed with me? You can clearly see what User and asprin are up-to. They just argue and later go for someone else. It's been happening from the time the game began. Surprisingly, User unlynched him and as soon as asprin got 3 votes. At some point we can accept that he wanted to give him time to post on his defense. Why didn't he continue to question him more?

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
I really have suspicions on asprin
Alright. Now that the picture is clear I'm in position to respond to this.

If I were mafia, I wouldn't have those doubts in the first place, now would I? I also feel all 3 nominated here are townies since I don't think the mafia would have nominated themselves and risk getting lynched given that there are only two of them. It would have been a very smart but high risk play, but I don't think they would have thought about that.

So that leaves you, Simon and Ali.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and state that two among User, Simon, and Ali is mafia. And right now, Simon is under my radar. He is posting very carefully and making sure all his posts are very reasonable to read - something that can come from someone who is experienced at this. But since I can't lynch anyone outside the 3 nominated, I'm afraid the town is gonna lose a townie by the end of day.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
Seriously mate... Why would I put my name if I'm the mafia? I was and I'm the main suspect from the time the game began. All have posted against me, and all will lynch me so that I can be killed. I wouldn't have taken such a big risk if I was the mafia. Can't you see other two names listed with me? You can clearly see what User and asprin are up-to. They just argue and later go for someone else. It's been happening from the time the game began. Surprisingly, User unlynched him and as soon as asprin got 3 votes. At some point we can accept that he wanted to give him time to post on his defense. Why didn't he continue to question him more?
Because you were a clear target on Day 1, you might have thought by putting your name their so you can move away suspicion from yourself which is bad move. Why would anybody do the same thing on consecutive days.
If I were mafia, I wouldn't have those doubts in the first place, now would I?
That is very Mafia thing to say.
Fos: President Evil

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
If I were mafia, I wouldn't have those doubts in the first place, now would I? I also feel all 3 nominated here are townies since I don't think the mafia would have nominated themselves and risk getting lynched given that there are only two of them. It would have been a very smart but high risk play, but I don't think they would have thought about that.
I am sure the 3 nominations aren't all townies. If it were to be then mafia are stupid as it will auto clear the remaining two at the end of the day with 5 remaining and only 3 others can be mafia. And I know I am town so that leaves only Simon and Ali. I doubt it.

The bolded part seems a typical thing to do now that you are under suspicion. It is like a go to card and hence you could have played it as such.

I am not really sure on Jack and Evil too but with asprin there is this feel from within which says he is mafia.

SiriusBlack

ICC Chairman
And right now, Simon is under my radar. He is posting very carefully and making sure all his posts are very reasonable to read - something that can come from someone who is experienced at this.

TIL being sensible is suspicious.

I'm not convinced by PresidentEvil's defense but I'm more concerned about your stance on the nominations. As User does say, nominating three of us would just make it easy for us to do the process of elimination and take a swing at guessing the mafia tomorrow. And those doubts look more like a smokescreen than I've ever seen - was nominating a mafia decoy an idea that you hoped we would miss? So that you could blend in and move all of the suspicion off yourself?

Going back to me suspecting you and Jack being on the list for yesterday's spat - I could definitely see you thinking that as a good cover before placing yourself on the list. It would look innocuous, and make it seem like either Ali, User or I put you two in there to battle out on a lynch and slip undercover.

Your plea at losing a townie also seems empty? Say I agree with your idea that the mafia played it "safe", why would I lynch any of the other two townies instead of you? You seem to be willing to disregard a possible mafia strategy unlike us, which is risky and could mislead the town.

Going back to PresidentEvil,

Surprisingly, User unlynched him and as soon as asprin got 3 votes. At some point we can accept that he wanted to give him time to post on his defense. Why didn't he continue to question him more?

This seems dodgy to me. It's perfectly reasonable to put off a hammer on Day 1, and he has gone on to question him further. Are you just trying to divert attention off yourself with this accusation?

Jack Ryder isn't helping himself with little activity to show, but the other two have seemed more like likely decoys to me. My gut says it's asprin, and if we are bound to lynch a townie as he says, I'm not too bothered putting a lynch on him.

lynch: asprin

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Because you were a clear target on Day 1, you might have thought by putting your name their so you can move away suspicion from yourself which is bad move. Why would anybody do the same thing on consecutive days
The same could be said to you as well. No one has paid much attention to you and it will be a smart move to put your name among others to just divert their attention. Mafia won't reveal his plans as I did. It would be obvious that others would get to know the plan(which you have explained) straight away after reading it. So, that will be a risky move to put your name and try to defend ourselves by that reason which will be easily caught soon after reading such post just as you did.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Are you just trying to divert attention off yourself with this accusation?
No. It was an example on how others were also suspicious but only my name is taken altogether.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
That is very Mafia thing to say.
The bolded part seems a typical thing to do now that you are under suspicion. It is like a go to card and hence you could have played it as such.
Agreed and I was hoping that it would be brought up. I had to say it because I was not sure how else to defend myself. It was a genuine query to El Loco and I know I should have discussed it via a PM. But it was already too late since I realized this after making the first post and according to the rules, I'm not allowed to delete anything in a mafia game. And since I had to clear the doubt, I went ahead with it.

If it were to be then mafia are stupid as it will auto clear the remaining two at the end of the day with 5 remaining and only 3 others can be mafia
This will be considered stupid if and only if my theory of not nominating a mafia is to be believed by others. At the moment, it doesn't seem so and I suspect this is what the mafia would have hoped so that the townies think 1 of the 3 nominated is mafia - which would then mean 1 of the 3 (as opposed to the original 2 of 3) not nominated is mafia. Like I said earlier, it's too risky to put yourself up for a lynch when you only have 2 mafias in the game. I doubt that they would have done that.

TIL being sensible is suspicious.
TIL this is not a given in a mafia game.

And those doubts look more like a smokescreen than I've ever seen - was nominating a mafia decoy an idea that you hoped we would miss? So that you could blend in and move all of the suspicion off yourself?
I guess I've given an explanation of the same above. It was an impulsive question, one which shouldn't have been done in the thread. I agree on that.

Going back to me suspecting you and Jack being on the list for yesterday's spat - I could definitely see you thinking that as a good cover before placing yourself on the list. It would look innocuous, and make it seem like either Ali, User or I put you two in there to battle out on a lynch and slip undercover.
On the contrary, I would definitely not have nominated myself if I was to be a mafia. Clearly, there seems to be a lot of finger pointing at me - perhaps because I've been more active than normal in this thread; a lesson which I will make sure to learn from. If I'm not wrong, all five who are alive have accused me of being a mafia. So that's a big risk to take since in all likelihood, I will be lynched given the overwhelming odds against me.

I stand by my statement - 2 among User, Simon and Ali is mafia.

In the event that I don't make it alive today, please re-read this post and try to choose better the next time.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
It could also be Jack and Simon are the buddies who are very smartly dictating the terms of the game. But in such a setup it is only guess work after a certain point as you just cannot be sure of anything. But at the moment I would like asprin to post what he feels. Also, I hardly understand most of Evil's posts so got to re read them while Ali has again disappeared with no real contribution.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Sorry for my inactivity, there were some guests lately and the epic Warner show!

I have a feeling from the start that Simon or JR or asprin are mafia and they're playing really well to hide their identities.

Just going with a guess and O am sure its the right one.

Lynch: asprin

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
I have a feeling from the start that Simon or JR or asprin are mafia and they're playing really well to hide their identities.
Really? If I already have 2 votes, I don't think that's called "playing really well"

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Sorry for my inactivity, there were some guests lately and the epic Warner show!

Just going with a guess and O am sure its the right one.

Lynch: asprin
Wow that is such a helpful post, well played. I hope you were one of the candidates tbh. DP has already put us in the misery and now you are here doing the same. Only applicable if you are not mafia which I doubt. You have lynched how many now, 4 people in 4 times?

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
I'm not a mafia for sure - just lost my way in posting out. And I'm sure asprin's one of the mafia alongside JR/Simon.

Users who are viewing this thread