Career Based Cricket game - Need beta tester

GentlePigeon

Club Cricketer
So guys I need your opinion. I am planning to have three relationship statuses -

1) With the coach - Bad relationship = No selection
2) With the teammates - ??????????
3) With the fans - Bad relationship = You won't get sponsors

So what to do with the teammates? How does it affect a player in real life? Also I would like to add something more with the coach and the fans.

Tags (feel free to opt out) - @asprin @Jack Ryder @Perfect Square @MrNginator @Sodium @IndieGameDev @Yash.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

I am doubtful about first one. What would you do if a player is Smith or Kohli will a Kevin Pietersen situation happen? I do not think everytime it will happen. Third one is perfect. Second one I would say would affect his performance. Bad relationship = less morale = poor performance perhaps?

Let me know your suggestions

GentlePigeon

Club Cricketer
I am doubtful about first one. What would you do if a player is Smith or Kohli will a Kevin Pietersen situation happen? I do not think everytime it will happen. Third one is perfect. Second one I would say would affect his performance. Bad relationship = less morale = poor performance perhaps?

Let me know your suggestions
If he is a high level player (there is a level up system), the this rule is nullified or more lenient. Also if you perform well, you will please your coach, a good performing player will most probably not miss out. However there will be off the match stuffs which will affect relationships.

Will thing about bad performance for the teammates relationship

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So guys I need your opinion. I am planning to have three relationship statuses -

So what to do with the teammates? How does it affect a player in real life? Also I would like to add something more with the coach and the fans.

Tags (feel free to opt out) - @asprin @Jack Ryder @Perfect Square @MrNginator @Sodium @IndieGameDev @Yash.
Bad performance if he is just a player. And the whole team will perform badly if he is the captain.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
With the coach if you have bad realations... You will perform bad only..

GentlePigeon

Club Cricketer
Bad performance if he is just a player. And the whole team will perform badly if he is the captain.

With the coach if you have bad realations... You will perform bad only..

Look like there is a very thin line between the coach and the teammates. So I will probably replace coach with team owner (for franchise/club level). Bad relationship with the owner = no selection, no negotiation with contract, no retention after end of the season etc.
Of course everything will be nullified if you are a high level player.

For international matches, there won't be any effects of the owner.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Strange that I didn't get alerted for the tag. Good thing I regularly check up on this section :)

2) With the teammates = How about a greater chance of the fielder dropping catches of your bowling or getting you run-out while batting?

GentlePigeon

Club Cricketer
Strange that I didn't get alerted for the tag. Good thing I regularly check up on this section :)

2) With the teammates = How about a greater chance of the fielder dropping catches of your bowling or getting you run-out while batting?

That's a good idea. Running between the wickets is not really implemented in the mini game (as of now), if implemented in the future I will look into it. However team mates intentionally dropping catch, isn't that under performing? It's a crime I think in competitive sports.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
However team mates intentionally dropping catch, isn't that under performing?

Right, but in real life how would you judge whether a fielder dropped a catch on purpose? Even if the catch looks too simple, there are a lot of factors which would make the fielder drop the catch.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Right, but in real life how would you judge whether a fielder dropped a catch on purpose? Even if the catch looks too simple, there are a lot of factors which would make the fielder drop the catch.
Like, 'he dropped the catch while I was bowling, so I'll drop his'.

Users who are viewing this thread