Career Mode Talk

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What difficulty? I've had a few wickets off edges to the keeper, a foot/bat wicket surprisingly. A couple inside edges on to the stumps. Just hunting for that first clean bowled though. I'm on Veteran, Hard/Hard
I am going to go to Veteran soon as well, Pro is getting easy to play!

kulch

Club Captain
Oh man this is really good. Feels like OG DBC. Plodding away blocking balls against pub players in suburban grounds. The varying degree of xp/ap/ability tiers is overwhelming i hope it's as deep as it looks on the surface but hard to tell what is what in the xp earned. Need a tutorial. I've been banking my xp and will apply after the first season to feel a jump in my players ability

ChrisCricket

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Hey can anyone tell me how on my calendar I can play in the ODI Cricket World Cup? In My Career, I can see The Ashes, in August, I started as Ben Stokes, surely he would be selected in the ODI squad?

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
How is everyone finding simulating AI innings in career mode , better than Ashes cricket ?

jackhennell

School Cricketer
Hi guys
Wondering if anyone could explain how you can improve skills as they seem to be locked and I have tried playing matches and then simming matches and they don’t improve so I am stuck playing club cricket for ages.

D

Dutch

How is everyone finding simulating AI innings in career mode , better than Ashes cricket ?
A lot of work has gone to get simming more realistic: you will see a much more varied set of results, from utter collapses to siege type scores![DOUBLEPOST=1559242517][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hi guys
Wondering if anyone could explain how you can improve skills as they seem to be locked and I have tried playing matches and then simming matches and they don’t improve so I am stuck playing club cricket for ages.
Yeah unfortunately the begin phase is a bit of a grind if you are looking to get on quickly! Practicing in the nets also gives xp I thought?

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
A lot of work has gone to get simming more realistic: you will see a much more varied set of results, from utter collapses to siege type scores![DOUBLEPOST=1559242517][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah unfortunately the begin phase is a bit of a grind if you are looking to get on quickly! Practicing in the nets also gives xp I thought?

That’s what I wanted to hear , lining up 3 days of career mode :)

Rhone

International Cricketer
Hi guys

I dont think it's clear on your skills career page....but you have 2 types of points. For example you have batting points, which are used to unlock new levels of ability, and skill points which are used to fill up the bars you unlock.

Have you been unlocking new levels with the triangle button?

jackhennell

School Cricketer
I dont think it's clear on your skills career page....but you have 2 types of points. For example you have batting points, which are used to unlock new levels of ability, and skill points which are used to fill up the bars you unlock.

Have you been unlocking new levels with the triangle button?
No what screen is this

Rhone

International Cricketer
I am going to go to Veteran soon as well, Pro is getting easy to play!

How are you finding the AI is performing in your simulated career mode innings? I'm seeing a lot of 3 day games with very low scores and batting collapses. When I bat at 4 i'm very quickly left stranded as my team collapses around me. No one else seems to be able to bat! It's happened in at least 3 games in a row. Tried lowering AI from Veteran to Pro and still happened.

Reactions: DAP

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
How are you finding the AI is performing in your simulated career mode innings? I'm seeing a lot of 3 day games with very low scores and batting collapses. When I bat at 4 i'm very quickly left stranded as my team collapses around me. No one else seems to be able to bat! It's happened in at least 3 games in a row. Tried lowering AI from Veteran to Pro and still happened.

I’ve had exactly the same, I’m usually 40 for 5 simming to my career player , it is a little better is you don’t sim , and 2nd innings had a couple of better scores , I’m on pro AI

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am directly in first class, due to the Indian Career Mode not having those 3 day matches or any particular club cricket. Mine has been just okay.

Sweppy12

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I still cant find out anywhere, what is the go with Aus domestic t20s in career mode as there is no league for it

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Marnus Labuschagne is playing for Kent in my career mode so i'm just wondering do players move from different clubs?

Users who are viewing this thread