Career Mode Talk

SMIFFYLFC79

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Love how in Career Mode the commentator say's "Welcome to this One Day International between X & Y" :D and thats at the beginning of a 4 day match :lol:lol:lol

Set Up Shop

Banned
Getting quite disheartened now with the level of scripting/predictability from AI simulation. I’ve gained the captaincy for WA and I’ve batted myself number 5, 4 and 3 across the last 3 shield games. Just like when I batted number 6 every innings, EVERY SINGLE INNINGS I’ve come into bat with the score around 104 +\- 10 runs or so. No matter where I bat. And the crazy AI batting collapses continue. They can’t make more then 200 and too often collapse to be all out for scores between 25 and 90.

These problems are really starting to ruin my experience of the game. Please look into them @MattW

Gentoras

International Cricketer
Whilst batting nicely(170*) on my debut 4 day test match for the state side Western Warriors, with a first innings lead of 274, the captain declared.

Gotta love this game

Reactions: MK4

Hombarume

School Cricketer
Hey guys, sorry if this question has been asked before but is it possible to edit the career mode team list on x-box? Im trying to start a new career with the prospects of playing for Zimbabwe

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Whilst batting nicely(170*) on my debut 4 day test match for the state side Western Warriors, with a first innings lead of 274, the captain declared.

Gotta love this game

What difficulty level are you playing at? Haven't seen a declaration yet, 3 years into my Club Career. Most sides (including mine) are seen collapsing between 100-200 (very rarely up to 250) in First Class format!

Gentoras

International Cricketer
What difficulty level are you playing at? Haven't seen a declaration yet, 3 years into my Club Career. Most sides (including mine) are seen collapsing between 100-200 (very rarely up to 250) in First Class format!

I'm batting on Pro, medium on everything else and default on modifiers.

I bat on number 5, come in after a collapse and steady the ship with a help of one or two partners, average of 250 - 280 a match, haven't seen us making above 300,,,,and currently we are on day 2 second session with a lead of 200+, I'm on 68* and crossing fingers the captain doesn't declare since we still have enough time, + I'm a spinner, so I make it hard for the opposition with my wicket taking abilities and good economy

Prequel

User Title Purchaser
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
I have no idea if this has been talked about, not bothered to look through 18 pages of this. But the BBL teams do not appear to be in the career, the Australian t20 tournament is under the state team's names.

Just want to add that my character is now the captain of Queensland and got a contract for Surrey, and yet to see any headlines like the promotional material winked at.

adamrg

School Cricketer
Hi, is anyone else encountering major issues hitting boundaries at the start of career? About 2 and a half seasons in now, yet a triple ideal shot barely gets past the inner ring fielders? Any help appreciated.

Syed Ali Gaming

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Hi, is anyone else encountering major issues hitting boundaries at the start of career? About 2 and a half seasons in now, yet a triple ideal shot barely gets past the inner ring fielders? Any help appreciated.

Yeah it's something very difficult to manage. They've made it slightly better with the recent patches on PS4 I feel.

Its still very difficult. I'm at the start of season 2 on the verge of county cricket call up and I think the most boundaries I've hit in any game is no more than 4 max.

sc4mp

School Cricketer

Are you going into the Edit Options before commencing each game and altering pitch from slow, grassy to medium, dry etc? This helps you to get the ball off the square into the outfield.

Mooshtaq

School Cricketer
A couple of questions on setting up career mode.

When you edit an existing club you are then only given options of existing stadiums to use. Do you need to download a club-style stadium if you want to edit a club? If so, any ideas for an English village style ground?

And when adding teams to the league tab, are you supposed to add six teams from the club tab? I went right through the set up and selected only my club, and it then generated a group of six random clubs for my league.

Set Up Shop

Banned
Yeah it's something very difficult to manage. They've made it slightly better with the recent patches on PS4 I feel.

Its still very difficult. I'm at the start of season 2 on the verge of county cricket call up and I think the most boundaries I've hit in any game is no more than 4 max.

It relates to your attacking ability, pitch type (which effects outfield speed apparently, but not confirmed) and size of ground. Change the pitch type in match settings to another pitch. Its always very soft for club matches for some reason.[DOUBLEPOST=1561077321][/DOUBLEPOST]Won the JLT One Day title with Western Australia. Finally we got a trophy after losing the last 2 Shield finals. Was excited to see the trophy presentation - until it didn't happen. FFS Big Ant, simple things....

Had a trophy presentation in club mode, why not first class/List A?

I'm guessing there is no cap presentation for my imminent call up to the Australian test side either.

So many issues in career mode making me lose interest now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread