Career Mode Talk

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Hi, is anyone else encountering major issues hitting boundaries at the start of career? About 2 and a half seasons in now, yet a triple ideal shot barely gets past the inner ring fielders? Any help appreciated.
Try to play square of the wicket rather than down the ground. Those shots are much more powered than down the ground. Also, advancing to shorter length deliveries, and playing the square of the wicket seems rewarding for now as well.[DOUBLEPOST=1561086031][/DOUBLEPOST]Is it just me, or am I sensing a little bit of Ashes like superhuman chasing for AI batting second in career when simulating? Have others noticed this? Sorry it this has been discussed. Haven't read everything prior.

adamrg

School Cricketer
Are you going into the Edit Options before commencing each game and altering pitch from slow, grassy to medium, dry etc? This helps you to get the ball off the square into the outfield.
I'm generally changing it to hard and standard (for a no.3 batsman), but there seems to be little difference between this and leaving it as a very soft green pitch?

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Why on earth club players still don't have perks enabled yet? I am waiting for it since release date.

ChrisCricket

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I was wondering what types of cut scenes people have been having so far in Career Mode?

I am playing a ODI World Cup at moment in Career, co-op with my brother, no cutscenes so far like interviews etc

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I was wondering what types of cut scenes people have been having so far in Career Mode?

I am playing a ODI World Cup at moment in Career, co-op with my brother, no cutscenes so far like interviews etc
Can v play World Championship directly in Career mode ?

Rahul590

School Cricketer
Recently i have downloaded all teams of ipl, but when i play career mode as a star player(hardik pandya) everytime the opener of mumbai indians is jasprit bumrah.how is it fixed?
Although the lineup of team is perfect in cricket academy, the bug is only in career mode.

Last edited:

kulch

Club Captain
As fun as the game is loads of issues with career mode polish. Why doesn't the AI batsmen ever get green confidence? Why is everyone (AI) getting out so easily? Is there genuine pitch deterioration (not just visible marks)? Some camera transitions and movement is really letting the game down, the camera is locked to the ball so dips all the time when thrown to stumps in broadcast cam. Still great fun though, earning loads more xp at state level, the UK teams are knocking, will have to hit the academy and import the real teams now

ChrisCricket

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I think it would be cool to see more cutscenes in the game like interviews etc maybe on the field cutscenes too

Set Up Shop

Banned
Career mode is fun but it still has more issues than Time Magazine. Post patch South Australia bundled out for 97 and 83 in the first shield game of the season. Playing QLD now in 48 degree Celsius temperatures. Maybe Big Any have taken into account climate change?

adamrg

School Cricketer
As fun as the game is loads of issues with career mode polish. Why doesn't the AI batsmen ever get green confidence? Why is everyone (AI) getting out so easily? Is there genuine pitch deterioration (not just visible marks)? Some camera transitions and movement is really letting the game down, the camera is locked to the ball so dips all the time when thrown to stumps in broadcast cam. Still great fun though, earning loads more xp at state level, the UK teams are knocking, will have to hit the academy and import the real teams now

I've found that the default pitch deterioration is set to slow, so maybe try with it set at normal or fast?

StrongAsAnOx

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Career mode is fun but it still has more issues than Time Magazine. Post patch South Australia bundled out for 97 and 83 in the first shield game of the season. Playing QLD now in 48 degree Celsius temperatures. Maybe Big Any have taken into account climate change?

The weather is certainly hot. I selected ‘cold’ for an April club career match in the Yorkshire region and it was 24 degrees C. We get snow occasionally in April!

Users who are viewing this thread