Clarke given Test boot

jarl

International Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
aussie1st said:
Hussey is suited to finishing like Bevan was :) Clarke isn't as suited and as you see in the test matches he takes more risk and thus will get out more. He should be opening the batting, he was awesome when he did. Currently though he bats way too low.

If hes taking risk then he shouldnt be in the test team, you dont just dont take stupid risk in test matches leave that to first class or one dayers

Lucky

International Cricketer
langerrox said:
LOL rough patch ever since he started playing cricket, dont joke around he is a one hit wonder.Go langer!

What is that meant to mean? You don't agree that he had an amazing start to his career? He's definately not my favourite player and I believe too much hype is created around him, but I also think that he will come back inot this lineup and will keep performing well.

langerrox

International Coach
He has had a amazing start to his career, Thats it. Not much else you can say about his career but dissapointment.

Lucky

International Cricketer
langerrox said:
He has had a amazing start to his career, Thats it. Not much else you can say about his career but dissapointment.

Very True, after 1 season of performing well and winning th AB Medal, his performances have been poor.

jarl

International Captain
Phil Jaques averages 17 more runs per innings than Clarke in first class (which is a higher average than his test average) Clarke is all hype, they branded him a future captain way to early and now he is going to leave a bitter taste in the selctors mouth cause he aint living up to the hype they created around him.

Dosnt Clarke have like a million dollar bat contract?

Lucky

International Cricketer
jarl said:
Dosnt Clarke have like a million dollar bat contract?

Yes, $1.25 Million! The highest ever for a bat contract! Obviously Slazenger need some better players to expose their brand more
:p

langerrox

International Coach
Yeh, Well Slazengers attempted range of bats is a sad attempt, Your buying a 500 dollar piece of supporting beam.

Shadow007

School Cricketer
Lucky said:
Very True, after 1 season of performing well and winning th AB Medal, his performances have been poor.

Something he never deserved. That medal should be retrospectively stripped from him. Martyn was robbed. Even Langer, as a test only player, had a better claim on it than Clarke did. I don't fully understand the AB Medal voting sytem (not sure anyone really can) but last year's result shows it certainly doesn't work the way it was designed to.

aussie1st said:
Also he isn't expected to have a great average in ODIs as most times he has to come in with only a few overs left.

In his last 10 matches he has failed in 5 of 8 innings. In those innings he came in at 42.5, 18.6, 29.5, 27.2 and opened in the final one. Only in the first one could he be said to be coming in when expected to slog.

The fact is that he is horribly out of form in both tests and ODIs. He does not deserve a place in either Aus side.

langerrox

International Coach
Shadow007 said:
Something he never deserved. That medal should be retrospectively stripped from him. Martyn was robbed. Even Langer, as a test only player, had a better claim on it than Clarke did. I don't fully understand the AB Medal voting sytem (not sure anyone really can) but last year's result shows it certainly doesn't work the way it was designed to.

In his last 10 matches he has failed in 5 of 8 innings. In those innings he came in at 42.5, 18.6, 29.5, 27.2 and opened in the final one. Only in the first one could he be said to be coming in when expected to slog.

The fact is that he is horribly out of form in both tests and ODIs. He does not deserve a place in either Aus side.
I agree how in HECK did he get the AB medal ahead of Langer (1481 Runs) and Martyn (1353) compared to clarkes (1072 @ 35) WTF?? lol.

Lucky

International Cricketer
Yes, But the votes for each player are also contributed to by the media and match umpires/referees and it's not purely based on the performances in a calendar year.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Read it today. Didn't come as a surprise to me. Australia is almost completely changed now.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
i thought he would go. He made only two decent scores in the ashes (50-odd and 91
). I think the selectors expected way too much of him.

Shadow007

School Cricketer
Lucky said:
Yes, But the votes for each player are also contributed to by the media and match umpires/referees and it's not purely based on the performances in a calendar year.

Then what is it based on if not performance? How good your hair looks? It should be based on performance and performance alone.

Martyn's stats in relevant period:
Test - 1373 runs @ 59.69, 6 100's 6 50's
ODI - 546 runs @ 42.00, 5 50's

Clarke's for same period:
Test - 631 runs @ 48.53, 2 100's 2 50's
ODI - 731 runs @ 48.73 2 100's 3 50's

Better ODI stats but then Martyn's aren't shabby. Martyn scored double the number fo test runs and had 8 more innings over 50. By any objective standard Martyn should have won.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Hodge and Hussey have about 4 years in them so our middle order will be very solid. Clarke will be back before those 2 retire.

Lucky

International Cricketer
Shadow007 said:
Then what is it based on if not performance? How good your hair looks? It should be based on performance and performance alone.

LOL, It is based on pefrormance! BUT it also based on the media and umpires/referees views. Obviuosly, we all know Clarke had much more media attention as it was his first season and peforming so well. Are you saying he didn't perform well? He did, but I think those media votes got him closer than he should have been! And plus, do you know that it was like 1-3 points seperating them!(not exactly sure)

Users who are viewing this thread