Clarke given Test boot

Lucky

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Personally, I don't like the way he plays, He's not a bad player but I don't think he suits being in the squad. Hodge and Hussey look much better than he ever has.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Hodge and Hussey are very correct batsmen. Given they are the same age as Katich I can't see Katich coming back in. Clarke on the other hand is bound to come in as long as this form slump doesn't continue.

YOTC

Club Cricketer
Katich should have never been allowed in the team.

Why boof was dropped is beyond me.

G

Gilchrist

What?! Have you seen his preformances??? 125, and 77* to save a TEST MATCH FOR AUSTRALIA IN STEVE WAUGH'S Last Test match against India in Sydney. And not to mention usfel score in NZ, England, etc.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Old and was in a form slump. So bang went Boof. Katich as I said started off very well but lately something has happened to him. Hodge would have been a better option after seeing his 1st test match.

YOTC

Club Cricketer
2 nswelshmen dropped within 3 games.

Its a conspiricy i tells ya :D

YOTC

Club Cricketer
Shadow007 said:
Might have something to do with only 187 runs at 31.16 in his last 5 tests. Certainly not the worst run of form but when you're 35 and fat it can tell against you.
but only 7 tests before that he rescued us in Sri Lanka, 3 times.

The guy was handy in the middle order and we missed him alot in the Ashes. He unusual way of batting (ie walking across the crease) would have also upset the English bowlers.

Simon Katich is averaging 20 runs in his past 5 test and people still want him in.

Last edited:

no_remorse28

Club Cricketer
boofs a champ no doubt but it was always going to finish before the ashes, but the guy showed how much of a team player he was when he just about sacrafised his career by letting clarke have his spot. bet u he regrets it now with the form clarke is in thanks for nothen clarkie lol :D

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
YOTC said:
but only 7 tests before that he rescued us in Sri Lanka, 3 times.

The guy was handy in the middle order and we missed him alot in the Ashes. He unusual way of batting (ie walking across the crease) would have also upset the English bowlers.

Simon Katich is averaging 20 runs in his past 5 test and people still want him in.

7 tests thats the problem. If you are 35 and you go into any sort of form slump you are going to be dropped.

MWaugh

International Coach
hodge and hussey obviously werent good enough players at a young age to dislodge the great players like mark and steve waugh. ricky ponting was picked as young player because he was alot like clarke is now. it appears the werent at the same standard at the same young age

Lucky

International Cricketer
I though Clarke wasn't in Form, but look who has been scoring centuries and double centuries in the last couple of weeks, and why is he able to only perform at state level and struggle in International matches, I am thinking about this again and it could not only be that he is not in "Form",(if he isn't in form, how the hell can he score centuries ??) but that he is unable to perform at that level (International), what do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread