Clarke given Test boot

jarl

International Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Im betting Jaques will make Clarkes comeback to the Aus squad difficult

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
If both Langer and Hayden go around the same time Jaques and Hussey will take their spot thus there is one spot open cause Hussey has moved up. That would mean Clarke would be back.

If only one goes then it gets interesting. Do they bring in Jaques to replace the opener or move Hussey up and bring back Clarke.

jarl

International Captain
Depends how well both players are playing at the time, maybe someone else might look more promising

Shadow007

School Cricketer
Hussey will surely reclaim an openers birth when one of Hayden/Langer finally go. However, I can't see any of them going soon. Hayden is in good form and Langer will have to be booted coz he'd play to 90 if they let him. My concern is that Hussey won't be able to maintain form in the middle order (a considerably new thing for him) and may then never get his chance to bat in his favourite and best spot again. Here's hoping I turn out to be wrong.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Hussey is a truely class player. His technique is more than sound enough for him to bat in the middle order. I would put him at 4 and Hodge at 5 as Hodge got his 60 batting at 5. That way Hussey isn't too far down the order.

jarl

International Captain
Shadow007 said:
Definitely. Hussey can't bat lower than 4. Idealy you'd have him at 3 but they're never gonna move Ponting from that spot.

They should, and also hand over the captaincy to Hussey :D

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Ponting is the best number 3 around, no point in moving him. Number 4 is for a very sound batsmen like Hussey.

Wildwil

International Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I think 1.Hayden 2.Langer 3.Ponting 4. Hussey 5.Hodge 6. Kato?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
He delieved early on before he got dropped for Symonds in SL. He was in really good form back then, also saved Steve Waugh from losing in his last game. Now however he just doesn't look up to international standards.

Users who are viewing this thread