Coca-Cola Championship Thread

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Colchester to go down. :)

I can't see Bristol City achieving automatic promotion this season, although they could get in the play offs(I'm expecting a collapse ;)).

Manly

Thor
Ipswich away win Lol, as if that's going to happen ;). I want West Brom, Watford and Charlton to go up this season, i don't think that Bristol City or Stoke would stand a chance in the EPL and would just be knocked straight back down again. The Championships definetly a good league though, not as entertaining as the EPL, but still pretty damn awesome. Leeds ftw next season though !!

The Stoke game was just a blip... lol :p

covlad-99

International Cricketer
Yeh, I thought about the Ipswich away situation, because even Coventry beat them when they played us at teh ricoh, and we were bang in the middle of our poor run at teh time. Although i do think they'll beat Barnsley.
All of the 'fans' of the top four sides are trying to close the thread or turn it into a thread with Championship, League One, League Two and Non League Thread. Its so unfair that the glory hunters want a whole thread to themselves, and us proper supporters get left out in the cold. What has football turned into!?!?!?

thesweepmaster

County Cricketer
Well just look at the average of children that are supporters of the big 4. I think it was around 75% or something like that.
The only reason why they don't support their local club is they have never been to see them. Maybe we should start a petition getting young children to see 3 games, of their local club, for free a season. That may solve the problem or at least shorten the problem. I know that's why I became an Albion fan when I got a free ticket for a friendly against Bury and I loved every minute of it.

covlad-99

International Cricketer
I became a Coventry fan, because my family were (and still are) Coventry supporters, but mainly because I came from Coventry, and was very proud that my birthplace only had one club, and that it was a Premiership (at the time) one. But I still do think that even if Coventry had been in the Conference, I would still have supported them.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I'm going to see Norwich v Stoke tonight at Carrow Road. :)

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Everyone's been writing off Bristol City all the way through, but have we had a collapse yet? No! So why would we now. We have played the same if not better as the top sides in this league and I reckon we deserve to go through automatic, and I reckon we most likely will.

To Covlad's and Dan's comment - Our own good is going up. To be quite frank I wouldn't give a damn if we didn't win a single game in the premiership. We would still get the fans, still get the money and still get the passion from the players. I would rather go up and say that we are the 20th best out of a hundred and something in the country than stay down just because we would be smashed in the prem.

Bristol City 2-0 Watford tonight!

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Is Ashton Gate suitable for the Premier League under the regulations?

thesweepmaster

County Cricketer
We the majority of the teams in the championship have better stadiums than Portsmouth and probably Fulham aswell. I bet you even some clubs that are in league 2 have better stadiums than thoughs teams.

On Bristol City, I am a West Brom fan and personally want you to slip up near to the end of the season but I can't take anything away from you. You've had a great season, so if you do go up then good luck to you and I believe that you can't do worse than Derby.

covlad-99

International Cricketer
treva, people say they are expecting a collapse, because Bristol City haven't got any 'good' players. The main reason you are where you are, is because of the work ethic of the team, and if you don't go up IN MY OPINION next season will be totally different, as Colchester and so many others have found out.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
No 'good' players? Adriano Basso, one of the best keepers in the Championship easily. Ivan Sproule, played for Hibs last year who are a 'good' side. Liam Fontaine, played for Fulham. Marvin Elliot, played for Wolves and is one of the best central midfielders in the team. I just don't see why people from other clubs, who are getting beat by us, think it is down just to work ethic. It's not possible to be at the top by just work ethic. You need quality players to be able to win 18 games (joint most in the league). It's a fact.

Yes we have got here by great work ethic and having a quality manager, but it isn't just down to that. Our football at times has been probably the best bar West Brom, especially at the start of the season. Therefore I think your statement of no 'good' players is a total misjudgment Covlad...

Last edited:

covlad-99

International Cricketer
You could say some of those, but none established in the league. I know you know what I mean ;p

My debatable Ipswich prediction looks good ;)

Barnsley 0-1 Ipswich
Counago (20) :D

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Well Marvin Elliot is after being at Wolves who have been in the Championship for a while ;)

Bristol City on top at the moment against Watford. The Colchester, Sheff Wed relegation battle is looking interesting at 1-1.

Current scores:
Barnsley 1-1 Ipswich
Howard 27 Counago 20

Bristol City 0-0 Watford

Burnley 0-0 Charlton

Colchester 1-1 Sheff Wed
Lisbie 4 Burton 18

Norwich 0-0 Stoke

Preston 0-0 Wolverhampton

QPR 1-0 Blackpool
Buzsaky 11

Scunthorpe 0-0 Plymouth

Sheff Utd 0-0 Coventry

Southampton 0-0 Leicester

covlad-99

International Cricketer
Barnsley 1-1 Ipswich
Howard (25) :mad

I don't know how the Coventry v Sheff Utd game is still goaless. Billy Sharp (Sheff Utd) deflected a shot in, but he was offside, Scott Dann (Cov) had a shot blocked off the line, then Billy Sharp could have just stroked the ball into an open goal, ran off celebrating, but Fox blocked it off the line LOL. END TO END STUFF!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread