Commentary...

Jus

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I like the codemasters commentary, I think it's better than the EA Sports stuff, but what I am disappointed with is that whilst there is not much of it, it appears that there are a few lines in there that have been completley ripped from the commentary of EA Sports.

There are several lines that I have heard in my two games which are exactly the same as those in Cricket 2004. Whilst I don't doubt that it will get them to be in trouble, I would have expected that they would not have to resort to copying lines from other games and they could vary it a little bit.

Most of it is original, but when playing the game I really wondered if I was playing Cricket 2005 rather than BLIC.

Last edited:

waugh machine

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Seeing as both games are based on the same sport there are bound to be similarities with commentary etc. I have noticed Agnew saying the same things from BLC 99 though

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
"it looked like four the moment he hit it" direct rip off. couple of others 2

waugh machine

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
whiteninness said:
"it looked like four the moment he hit it" direct rip off. couple of others 2

That line was in BLC 99 so who is ripping off who?? ;)

Jus

School Cricketer
Noticed another one:
"Out first ball, all that way just for one ball."

Benno

Club Cricketer
I hope in future cricket games they have the following:
Richie Benaud - Opening commentary at start of play - throws to Tony Greig's pitch report.
Then Mark Taylor has a brief interview with both captains and then the toss of the coin.
Mark Nicholas could commentate with Richie for the first 5 overs or so then every five overs after that, rotate the commentators so there is no boring parts, with plenty of gossip between the two.
And please have Tony Greig and Bill Lawry having a commentate together, we SOOO much need that for a cricket game!!!

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
The BLIC commentary came as a pleasant surprise. It wasnt great or anything,but after years of EA,this was much better.

How can I post a new thread?

Click on 'New Thread' and you can write whatever you want there.Then click on 'Submit'.

Benno

Club Cricketer
I like the commentary when the other team scores two, then they say
"Its two runs but its just not enough for this stage of the match."
Especially when youv'e had a 700 run knock in 50 over match.
Ha ha ha. I like watching their run rate increase whenever it pops up in the score frame. Ha ha.

IanG

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
I'd like to see one take a leaf out of Stick Cricket's book and just get Billy Birmingham (The 12th Man) to do his voices. Probably include one amusing comments while he's at it

Users who are viewing this thread