CONCACAF 2014 World Cup qualifiers

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I believe i have underrated these qualifiers taking for granted that the USA & Mexico & Costa Rica would breeze along with ease.

So far both USA & Mexico have been stunned in the afternoon sun of Honduras.

Jamaica were the first team to leave azteca with a point in more than 15 years if i'm correct. Interesting too with Jamaica, they have scouted england & got a few english players with JA heritage like Reading's McAnuff, Mariappa & McClearly & some decent championship players - which has made them more solid.

They are also still after Junior Hoillett, Nathan Dyer from Swansea & James Perch from Newcastle too. Roy Hodgson had to fend them off Raheem Sterling also. Their progress will be one to watch.

Overall these CONCACAF region qualifiers looks VERY competitive. Shows how international football is getting stronger in all parts of the globe.

War

Chairman of Selectors

:lol Serious tactics going on in CONCACAF. Honduras draining teams by playing them in the hot afternoon son of San Pedro Sula, now USA threw fellow CONCACAF giant Costa Rica into the snow of Northern USA.

Must say given that snow i'm surprised the game went ahead, given the tightness of this group, Costa Rica could rue those lost points at the end.

Highly doubt whether a high profile game in the premiership or even championship would be played under such conditions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
They won't get it I think.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
The might of New Zealand is waiting for the 4th placed team here.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Have they changed it so that the Oceania winners play a CONCACAF team instead of an Asian team then?

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
I think this was the first time that they did a draw for it, Asia are versing South America in the other one this time.

War

Chairman of Selectors
The might of New Zealand is waiting for the 4th placed team here.

No offence to the kiwi team. But based on why observation of where the all-white's is now compared to the team that got toe S Africa 2010 - i'm not sure if they are good enough now to beat 4th place CONCACAF team to be fair.

The current hexagonal is the closest it has ever been, the pack have closed the gap on the big three USA, Mexico & Costa Rica. This is highlighted most significantly thus far by the fact that Mexico after 3 games (including 2 played at fortress Azteca) has yet to win.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Since 2010 against the North/Central American teams we've gone:

2010 vs Mexico 0-2
2010 vs Honduras 1-1
2011 vs Mexico 0-3
2012 vs Jamaica 2-3
2012 vs El Salvador 2-2
2012 vs Honduras 1-0

Obviously we're not going to be the favourites, but if we're still in the tie after the first leg up there, you just never know.

War

Chairman of Selectors

Not often do Mexico lose at the Azteca, just one win in the HEX so far & their coach has finally been sacked.

----------

Last edited by a moderator:

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Wow, that result sucks for us, definitely don't want to be versing Mexico in the playoff!

War

Chairman of Selectors
Wow, that result sucks for us, definitely don't want to be versing Mexico in the playoff!

Yea the only good thing for Mexico now is even if they end up with fourth place in CONCACAF, no disrespect to your NZ side, but they will happy to face NZ in the play-off's this time around.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Yea the only good thing for Mexico now is even if they end up with fourth place in CONCACAF, no disrespect to your NZ side, but they will happy to face NZ in the play-off's this time around.

Yeah, a few days ago we struggled to a 1 - 0 win over Saudi Arabia, and we're versing UAE overnight which we really need to win as well. After that we don't have any more matches scheduled before the playoff atm, so hopefully we can get at least one more in like October.

Users who are viewing this thread