Conclusion?

handsome

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well everybody remembers we had a poll on whether BLIC or EA would be better.

People who brought relished on the new batting controls and found a silver lining among the dark clouds of a otherwise not so great.
I have brought EA 07 and also played BLIC 05 as well as Demo of BLIC 07 and i must admit that for whatever the reasons EA stands out in terms of quality when compared with other games.

People who have brought BLIC 07 are caught in a position like the Indian Cricket Team fan at the moment, "Extremely dissapointed and don't know why to support and buy Cricket Games anymore". :help

But the fact remains keep The Art of cricket aside, why are we not getting decent games for such huge developers, why don't they take our help and comments to atleast some with a decent effort.

Should we keep hope or lest just forget EA and Codies stick to The Art of cricket

Ankit kukreti

Club Cricketer
I have stopped playing EA cricket games but will try C2007. BLIC 07 don't have it yet. Looks like noone did game testing and AI is stupid from the feedback. They have made batting easier :(.

C2007 frustating game don't feel like playing after some time BLIC 07 AI and difficult is lacking I guess. Art of Cricket, no idea. Let's hope companies continue to make cricket games much better.

PS No, there cannot be anything more disappointing then Indian Cricket team ATM. May be Pakistan Team also. But yesterday was really a bad day for India. Bermuda can only save them and that is also unlikely :crying

sharmaz

Club Cricketer
I think they have made batting harder, and bowling easier.

Ankit kukreti

Club Cricketer
Really ??? I don't know I do not have the game :p. IN demo I did not could not get 30 in 3 overs, bowling was ok lot of play and miss by AI but feedback are litle disappointing for BLIC 07 :(

manee

Chairman of Selectors
The best way to show disappointment with a game is to NOT recommend it to your friends and either not buy it or return it.

Money talks!

StormySteve

Club Captain
I doubt I'll buy another cricket game for a while... maybe skip EA's next version, definitly skip Codies next effort.

Things need tiding up in EA's cricket games and it's just not happening, as for Codies, they've gone a step backwards!

Steve S.

scritty

School Cricketer
I'm with you Steve, a step backwards in gameplay terms (quite a noticeable one)

Enjoyed BL 2005 for a while at least.
Was pretty naffed off with this game within an hour. Gave it 4 hours (oh my poor wasted life) and uninstalled.

Going back to shop for ?13 credit this afternoon. Silent Hunter 4 coming up.

Clarker

Benauds appreci

Club Cricketer
SteveS3667 said:
I doubt I'll buy another cricket game for a while... maybe skip EA's next version, definitly skip Codies next effort.

Things need tiding up in EA's cricket games and it's just not happening, as for Codies, they've gone a step backwards!

Steve S.

Easier said than done though SteveS.....we cricket fans all have some kind of inherent feeling that the "next" cricket game will be the one that will offer superb gameplay, etc.etc,etc....it just seems unfortunate that our fave game is difficult to transpose to video games.

StormySteve

Club Captain
Benauds appreci said:
Easier said than done though SteveS.....we cricket fans all have some kind of inherent feeling that the "next" cricket game will be the one that will offer superb gameplay, etc.etc,etc....it just seems unfortunate that our fave game is difficult to transpose to video games.

You'd have thought those these highly skilled programmers that worked under CEO's with cricket brains would have been able to programme or edit a file to make realistic AI's and QA depts to notice some of the blatently obvious errors ie: Over quota's, run rates, opening bowlers etc it's not the visuals that are the problem to be honest Cricket 2005 & 2007 plus BLIC 2005 & 2007 all have superb graphics especially EA's but gameplay and obvious errors still leave a lot to be desired.

With this it's like buying a Ferrari with a Mondeo engine in it :noway

Steve S.

handsome

International Coach
i know the dissapointment ,

i mean how can a spinner start a ODi match most of the times
How can batting be sooooo easy
I mean c'mmon mate get the basics atleast right

Benauds appreci

Club Cricketer
SteveS3667 said:
You'd have thought those these highly skilled programmers that worked under CEO's with cricket brains would have been able to programme or edit a file to make realistic AI's and QA depts to notice some of the blatently obvious errors ie: Over quota's, run rates, opening bowlers etc it's not the visuals that are the problem to be honest Cricket 2005 & 2007 plus BLIC 2005 & 2007 all have superb graphics especially EA's but gameplay and obvious errors still leave a lot to be desired.

With this it's like buying a Ferrari with a Mondeo engine in it :noway

Steve S.

"buying a Ferrari with a Mondeo engine in it".

Perfectly put matey :D

Machine

School Cricketer
Wow, what a dissapointing game by Codemasters! (No, I'm not a die hard EA supporter, just a cricket fan!)

I was hugely dissapointed by the BLC07 demo, but being a sucker for cricket games I went out and bought the XBOX 360 version yesterday. Boy oh boy do I regret wasting ?39.99!

For starters, most of the players in the ICC modes hardly look like their real counterparts. I mean come on! football sims perfected this ages ago! Is that too much to ask!? Top players, like for example - Sachin Tendulkar (in the game) looks nothing like himself!

The first thing I did was start the World Cup tournament, in test mode, I hit 350-1 off 20 overs! Damn that was easy. The third match in the tournament saw me playing Sri Lanka... and guess what, Mutiah Muralitharan opened the bowling! Would they really waste his talent with a brand new white ball?!

Another thing that really annoyed me was that Dilhara Fernando (one of Sri Lanka's pace bowlers) had the same bowling action as Shoaib Akhtar did in BLC05... wouldn't it have made sense to assign this action to Lasith Malinga instead (as he has a less conventional action)? Fernando has a conventional bowlers action for petes sake!

Oh yeah - India vs. Sri Lanka, I was on 300-0 slogging most bowls out of the park, Sri Lanka then set an attacking field from a defensive field... why on earth would they do that!? I thought the AI had improved, WRONG! I also found a little bug where one of the close-in slip fielders kept cloning into two players standing right next to each other (with their shoulders merged).

Yeah, and whats with the wicket keeper and close-in fielders hitting the stumps for no apparent reason at all? This happens all too often, even when I havn't even contemplated in taking a single! It's a time waste that results in annoyance!

I'd be so interested in knowing how much this game was actually tested or who actually tested the game. Maybe I've been a complete sucker in terms of getting carried away with all the hype that people gave to this game. But for gods sake there are just too many school boy errors in this game for my liking. The game also lacks a variety of different modes, I would have loved seeing some 'Challenges' like modes. The batsman shots are also pretty much the same as BLC05 (apart from the new sweep shot variety).

All in all, I have no clue what codies did for two years on this game, it looks and feels like BLC05 with a few important things taken away and few useless things added. If you havn't bought this game and you havn't played the demo - then try the demo as it truly depicts the final version in terms of game play!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread