Connecting My Xbox To My Pc Monitor

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
When i did this the image was really low res, like when you uninstall a graphics driver from your pc. I changed the res around in xbox settings but it still looked horrible. Am i doing something wrong? Is it just my crappy monitor?

I have a 24inch Optiquest Q241wb with vga input.

Viewsonic Q241wb 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
I think the problem is im not getting those black bars around the screen, so the image is stretching. Any solution? I thought the bars would appear automatically.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
So many xbox owners and no help.

Knew i shoulda bought a ps3. :D

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I changed the res around in xbox settings but it still looked horrible
That's the only thing I can think of. There is an option in the same spot for colour profiles if it is just looking washed out.

If it's ghosting, that's just because VGA is analogue not digital, so won't be anywhere near as sharp.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Seeing as its a HD Monitor I presume it has an HDMI port? Couldn't you just use that?

VGA doesn't support widescreen afaik

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Seeing as its a HD Monitor I presume it has an HDMI port? Couldn't you just use that?

VGA doesn't support widescreen afaik

It does, I currently do full 1080i over VGA, while waiting for a HDMI cable to arrive in the post.

Thanks for the replies. :)

Afaik it is not a proper HD monitor. It only has one D-SUB connection on the back for a VGA adapter. No hdmi or dvi. I have tried it on 3 different monitors in our house, all looks the same. However, we have one monitor that can use DVI so ill have to try it on that.

Basically, the image looks low res, and on fifa only (not IC10) the aspect ratio looks amiss. However, i have tried every res available from the lowest up to 1920x1080 and it looks the same regardless.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Mind taking a photo of how you're connecting it and the result in game?

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Mind taking a photo of how you're connecting it and the result in game?

NP. Here it is.

EDIT, add what it looks like in game. On our tv it looks smooth and as if the game is running AA, also, you can see player faces on the tv.

Attachments

• PICT0021.JPG
    PICT0021.JPG
    193.8 KB · Views: 20
  • PICT0020.JPG
    PICT0020.JPG
    265.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Yeah, everything seems to look perfect in terms of connection. For aspect ratio my only guess is that it is a 16:10 monitor not wanting to letterbox the 16:9 image. My monitor hates being put in to 4:3, it will stretch the image, and if I set it not to do that, it makes everything 4:3, unlike my old one that figured it out itself.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, everything seems to look perfect in terms of connection. For aspect ratio my only guess is that it is a 16:10 monitor not wanting to letterbox the 16:9 image. My monitor hates being put in to 4:3, it will stretch the image, and if I set it not to do that, it makes everything 4:3, unlike my old one that figured it out itself.

How do i set my monitor like that? I've searched around through the monitor options when i press the mode button but i can't see anything like that.

Users who are viewing this thread