Control of Length

D

Deleted member 9102

I'm on PC. This is also nothing a patch will fix, it's a game design. Even if they could move that bowling indicator box I'm sure the whole thing won't be changed to something more aesthetic and the right stick giving us control.
Unfortunately I think you're probably right... This issue with length control is my #1 complaint about DBC17's gameplay but I can't see it being something a patch will change. I'd love to be proven wrong though...

Alberts

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm on PC. This is also nothing a patch will fix, it's a game design. Even if they could move that bowling indicator box I'm sure the whole thing won't be changed to something more aesthetic and the right stick giving us control.

They give us some control, but this problem isn't just our control, but the fact that there's virtually no error in the length. That in and of itself is a problem.

Symbolism

School Cricketer
Like what I don't get is why they don't add some random variation to your bowling, have a random generator that basically runs regardless of your inputs that decides length adjustment or line adjustment, as per normal bowling -so you're not bowling 6 out of 6 perfectly in the same spot every single time.

So many little bugs that erk me in this game.

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The randomness should come from the user not being able to replicate the same ball twice which is what the right stick control did very well in DBC 14.

Bowling in itself was very good in DBC14 the only problem was you wouldn't get many if any realistic edges, but the the bowling mechanics were arguably the best ever in a cricket game.

Alberts

International Coach
Yeah but why? It was a very good system in place already it didn't need such a change.

The earlier marker allows a lot of players to play the ball with a bit more information than they could in DBC 14, it becomes less about premeditation, which adds something to the game. I can understand the line of reasoning.

christy_lenin1

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This makes the most sense to be honest. In such a case though there needs to be some randomisation of length to balance the issue though.
Yeah but why? It was a very good system in place already it didn't need such a change.

Completely agree. I need this badly as everyone. In the last iteration using r-stick the fuller length (yellow marker) can be changed even to a short ball by varying the release of the r-stick. Instead, if we are able to control the variation set between L1 to R1 using r-stick that will be perfect IMO.

Alberts

International Coach
Can anyone with the new patch do a few tests in regard to this, might be interesting to see if they've incorporated any error in length with the patch.

Users who are viewing this thread