Country's Name on the Field

Is it right to display Country's Name on the Field?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
Well as i love my country like all you guys,so i know how it pinches something goes wrong about your country

not saying as i am a Pakistan,but just because i am a patriot.How does it feel to see your country's name on the field and the people are running over it?

Saw a side ad of a brand or i don't know what is it. Named Incredible India.The player were running over the Word India.I think it shouldn't be like this.I am quite amazed to see that none of indian pointed out this thing while they seem to be patriots

It's not just about India.Put yourself in this place and think how will you feel?

That's what i feel about it.I really want to know your views as well so do comment

Last edited:

Owzat

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
:eek: Some people are way too hyper-sensitive, they are WORDS and not the country itself. Noone is deliberately going to put say "England" on a field so they can symbolically trample on it out of disrespect - and I couldn't give two hoots if they did, it is only a word and not exactly harming anyone. Anyone getting some kind of twisted pleasure out of it wants their head read, like sticking pins in a photo of your ex hoping it is in some way hurting them.

I can understand sensitivity with flags, although that doesn't mean I believe it is justified when whole nations are up in arms if a flag is burned - this shouldn't be the dark ages, seems some things are still in the dark ages.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Actually, in Indian Premier League, after two and half seasons, they realized that players were running on the "INDIA" on the pitch ad

DLF
BUILDING INDIA​

They first removed the "Building India" thing with immediate effect, but later changed that to "Homes".

What I feel is not to get in the country names, in the pitch ads. But Incridible !ndia doesn't contain the text "INDIA". Its !ndia, a small precautionary measure, what they've taken to avoid problems. If anyone tries taking legal proceedings, they'll just say thats exclamation mark followed by ndia, which is just meaningless excuse.

P

pcfan123

oh no you ran on India, now it's ruined. Might as well move

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
In India, people don't need to run over their country's name to ruin it. ;)

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Its a non issue. What harm can someone do by trampling on your country's name?

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Doesn't make any sense, let the things be as they are. I don't find any wrong stuff in having the name of the country on the ground.

If we go by what you (paki007) said, no brand or company would want to advertise on the grounds as it's disrespectful to see people running over them! :rolleyes

Kabooka

International Cricketer
Its not INDIA they run on its !NDIA that's on the field. On another note in all BAN matches everybody runs on BANGLADESH. Not too sure about Sri Lanka though .

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
you know what else really sickens me, all those people in Lahore just walking about on Pakistan.

Disgusting, for me it's much worse than someone walking on a word representing pakistan, it's walking on actual pakistan.

Kabooka

International Cricketer
you know what else really sickens me, all those people in Lahore just walking about on Pakistan.

Disgusting, for me it's much worse than someone walking on a word representing pakistan, it's walking on actual pakistan.

Bit Harsh if you'd ask me.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
'Incredible India' is being promoted by the Dept of Tourism, Govt of India :p

Don't think there is any problem in that. They will only create a huge ruckus if any national symbol is found damaged.

E.g Way back in 2003, the day of the World Cup final, Mandira Bedi draped the Indian tri-color around herself as a saree, thats created a huge problem for her.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
Ridiculous thread. A country isn't ruined by walking on it's name that is just a word. Not a problem.

Owzat

International Coach
Pakistan

----------

Sorry, I typed it but feared I might offend someone by deleting it so didn't

Users who are viewing this thread