CR Bowling in the Trailer

Faraz.Ahmed

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Looks like there is a lot of feedback on the bowling actions and behavior in the video. One of the problems with the trailer is that the entire run-up is not being shown from the beginning and so it becomes difficult to perceive the bowler type and see the delivery within context. Lets see, in the trailer, the bowlers are...

- The intro is a fast bowler clip changing uniforms based on the teams in the game
- The next clean bowled delivery is a swing bowler
- The next two deliveries are different handed off spinners
- The next two are medium pace swing bowlers
... and so on

I don't think there are any fast bowlers in there besides the intro. No doubt its confusing and so I'll have the team cook up a development focused detailed video on the complete bowling run-up and actions. If you have any requests as to anything particular you would like to see in that video, post them here in this thread!

We would love to hear your views on that and improve the areas that need work.

Faraz
- Mindstorm Studios

Highlander999

ICC President
It's great to see you guys are communicating with us, so on behalf of the members, thank you very much for doing this.

It will be very interesting if you could actually have that bowling video made up for us. I personally feel, if you could just show a fast bowler and a spin bowler, doing their full run-up and action that would be most welcome.

But to be honest, I think I speak for the majority here. Most of us would prefer this to be focused on realism more than actual graphics. Of course, if you could do both that would be great ;)

Cheers for your time :)

mani_gamer

Club Cricketer
Leaving the positives out..n i know there are many...
I would like to throw light upon things like...

1.Batsman being able to sweep fast bowlers which cant happen usually..
2.Almost all batsmen who were bowled or LBW never played a shot..
3.Pitch length should be looked at.

N yeah as the last guy mentioned graphics can be dealt with but not gameplay..

We appreciate ur efforts and will hope this game breaks all the sales records.
I request you guys to keep visiting these forums and taking our point of view as well

Allrounder18

Banned
Well I have a mixed feeling after watching the vdo but more positives than negative ,let me clarify it

+The batting and fielding animations are top notch.
+The amount of power generated by shots are close to real.
+Graphics are quite good.
+Special deliveries are very cool and quite realistic as well.

-Fast bowling speed is too slow.(Even for a 120k swing bowler)
-Fast bowler action is poor.
-Almost every time the batsman looks dumb when he gets out.

I think you guys have to redone the swing bowling action animations they just are too ugly to be in the game.

Allrounder18 added 4 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

One more thing I would like to add is a request not to make this game too much arcadish ,no one wish to see 150+ score in 10 over game.(like BLIC 07) and plz take good note on the pitch and weather conditions, like on hard pitch the bowl should travel quicker + more bounce available compare to damp and wet pitches.

chaitanyaraghav

Club Cricketer
Well again, mixed feelings here

I really loved to see the wicketkeeper stumpings as soon as the ball reached his hands!
and also the shots and shot placements look good!
But what i would love to see is the bowlers actions remade and the speed of the bowling increased!!!

Anyways gr8 work!

Are there going to be players footmarks on the pitch? because by the looks it didnt find them to be there!

Faraz.Ahmed

School Cricketer
CR Bowling

Thanks for all your input so far.

Highlander999:
I would like to emphasize that realism is at the foundation of the entire physics system that you will be experiencing. The ball trajectories, edges, early skiers, late strokes, shot placement, fielding systems, environmental friction, are all based on natural real world physics systems. No shot results are predetermined, it all depends on the kind of ball, the footwork (strafing), the timing, and the batsman's natural strength. In fact, the testers are going to have quite a time testing this beast, since anything can happen. One of the most exciting revelations during the first tournament was that the players were more or less using real world field placements in order to trap the batsmen and restrict run scoring. Given the hyper-realistic game play you will be able to mix, apply, test a lot of different winning (or losing) strategies!

mani_2002001:
The only sweep shot I could see in the video was on an off spin delivery (unless I missed something). I think its hard to tell the bowler type from the video. Also, its just a coincidence that no shot was played during the LBW's, an LBW can happen at anytime. You can rest assured that all size dimensions within the game will be exact real world ;)

Allround18:
We'll be sharing a new trailer (no date promised) that will help see things clearer. And of course we will improve any areas that need work. Weather conditions will definitely be affecting ball behaviour.

chaitanyaraghav:
See above =)

Highlander999

ICC President
Thanks for all your input so far.

Highlander999:
I would like to emphasize that realism is at the foundation of the entire physics system that you will be experiencing. The ball trajectories, edges, early skiers, late strokes, shot placement, fielding systems, environmental friction, are all based on natural real world physics systems. No shot results are predetermined, it all depends on the kind of ball, the footwork (strafing), the timing, and the batsman's natural strength. In fact, the testers are going to have quite a time testing this beast, since anything can happen. One of the most exciting revelations during the first tournament was that the players were more or less using real world field placements in order to trap the batsmen and restrict run scoring. Given the hyper-realistic game play you will be able to mix, apply, test a lot of different winning (or losing) strategies!

That is great to hear and thanks for the reply. So does that mean, when we get an edge, you will actually see it come off the edge of the bat, whilst in EA Sports it generally comes out of the mddle :rolleyes:

Faraz.Ahmed

School Cricketer
That is great to hear and thanks for the reply. So does that mean, when we get an edge, you will actually see it come off the edge of the bat, whilst in EA Sports it generally comes out of the mddle :rolleyes:

Absolutely.

Highlander999

ICC President
Absolutely.

What can I say. The only down side for me (and I think I am right) is that there is no Test match style available. Will we be able to edit it so that there actually is. Actually that brings me onto a second point. How easy will it be to mod the game?

Last edited:

Mad Snake

International Coach
That second point was the one im interested in as well, and did i hear no test matches? :eek:

Faraz.Ahmed

School Cricketer
The eventual scope and ease of mods is under design. Our point of view is that we heavily support the idea mods and will be empowering gamers with the right tools to implement them.

No plans for test cricket with the initial release.

Note that CR has a live update system, so any features, enhancements and game packs will be delivered right to your PC when available. What you get in the initial release is just the beginning. We are also considering the potential of delivering quality user mods via the official live update system.

Allrounder18

Banned
The eventual scope and ease of mods is under design. Our point of view is that we heavily support the idea mods and will be empowering gamers with the right tools to implement them.

No plans for test cricket with the initial release.

Note that CR has a live update system, so any features, enhancements and game packs will be delivered right to your PC when available. What you get in the initial release is just the beginning. We are also considering the potential of delivering quality user mods via the official live update system.

That actually not a very good idea ,user mods should be done and distribute like EA Cricket 07 mods how ever it is up to end user to download them or not.

Valaskjalf

Club Captain
Pretty excited about this game....I wasnt all that into the idea when I realised it was an arcade kinda game but since its primarily an online game I suppose the whole arcade aspect makes sense.

Watched the vid, not completely blown away by it though, it pretty much looks like Brian Lara 07 to me, with poor bowling actions. What i DID like was near the end of the vid where it showed a Worm Graph which means more readily-accessible stats which is awesome. And since theres one graph there is most likely going to be quite a few other nifty little things for stat-dorks like myself.

Hope its good....and perhaps after that we can get a proper cricket game with less hype/slogs....if after all these years and former games as examples people STILL dont realise that slogger cricket becomes boring VERY quickly, then I must be the only one in the world wanting a realistic/interactive cricket game. Oh and I base this on the screens I saw on the CR site a few months back - batting teams on like 160/1 after 13 overs, bound to become very tedious very soon. Lets face it... IPL and 20/20 is fun to WATCH on tv, but to actually play a game with your finger on the slog button the entire innings does my head in.

Last edited:

arundracula

Club Cricketer
1) those who were bowled in this trailer are due to leaving the ball that came in to the stumbs.
2) keeper tooks a hell of a time to take the bails off after collecting the throw from the cover fielder
3) lbws are ok the batsmen left it as the ball was moving towards leg side . still he should have tried to defend the ball
4)why batsmen cant play the special ball
5)the way the catch was taken in the deep square leg boundary or deep midwicket was superb. nice anim and phy
6)a left hander gets bowled in a special ball. here hes playing far outside legstumb and the fools triyng to defend it . atleast could have slogged.
7) bowler reactions are superb after getting a wicket
8) looks like they have licensed player names.
9)the huge screen is superb
10) the runout shown in the video shows the poor and unstable fielding quality of the game
11)still we all love cricket games.

Users who are viewing this thread