Cricket '04 wont run :/

inphinity

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi all,

I've recently tried to install Cricket 2004 - we have two PCs and I have problems on both - it installs OK on each but then has two similar but not identical problems.

PC1 is AthlonXP 2100, 1.5GB DDR RAM, 128MB GeForceFX5600 and heaps of HDD space, running Windows XP Pro SP1. PC2 is Duron 1200, 768MB SDRAM, 128MB GeForceFX5200 and heaps of HDD space, running Windows 2000 Pro SP4.

on PC1, once I click the Run Game button, or try to run cricket2004.exe, I get the logo, then it just disappears. on PC2, It goes into the intro video etc, then it goes to a "Loading ..." screen, then after the bar fills up it drops back to desktop.

I am using a brand-new undamaged CD - it works on a friends PC which is a bit older, its Windows 98SE and like a GeForce3 or something, not sure what other specs.

The only similarity between these two PCs in they are GeForce FX cards. Both are running DirectX 9.0c with nVidia 61.77 drivers. Both run half-Life2 & Everquest 2 beautifully along with a bunch of other games.

Would anyone please be able to shed any light on this? Both PCs exceed the requirements but dont run :(

Cheers
Inph

Users who are viewing this thread