Cricket 19 General Discussion

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Don't know if it's of any interest to anyone, but....just picked up the game for my PS4 from EB Games on my way home from work and got it as a bargain, used the JB HI FI price match of $79 and was about to pay before finding a $40 EB gift card in my wallet so ended up getting it for just $39! I'm very eager to get on and check it out, but unfortunately going to have to go through the pain process of waiting for the update which will apparently take 13 hours so I probably won't be able to play till after work tomorrow, bloody crappy Australian internet! :(
It took at least 5 Hours in Hong Kong as well. It's one of the best Internet speeds in the world.[DOUBLEPOST=1559033707][/DOUBLEPOST]
given how i kept getting my ass handed to me when i played a few quick five5 yesterday to check the stats tracking, i think i'll give these match type difficulties a whirl.

is is it easy to set up?
I got hammered even on Pro Difficulty!

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I h

I have requested WealeyH , to elaborate on the Online Testing and representation, so will await his response.

Now go Jump on someone else.

With respect this isn’t the place to discuss how Beta goes and what’s involved.

All I will say is it involves a few dudes who give up a lot of free time for the love of the game.

And it was going to stay completely private.

You suggested that online wasn’t looked at it. And it was. Simple as that.

Kass D

County Cricketer
You people are crying about a bug and some of us dont even have access to the game. It's a vedio game people not the real deal. It will never be but I believe BA and Beta testers have done a great job so far

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
A quick question, can people without an Australian Version of the game, get the Australian Menu? With the yellowish gradient and with the Aussie Players? Kind of like it more than the English one.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I just said you were wrong. That’s all. It was looked at.

Simple. I have always said every year that you more than anyone online talks the most sense.

I’m not interested in some long old online discussion as of previous years it seems to bring out some proper strange conversations.

Thanks, would have really appreciated if a little more "enlightenment" of the Online Processes could have been elaborated , but hence, it is what it is.

I will then leave this , and report back after getting the Game myself and Testing out all Aspects.

PS. So who is the Online Representitive ?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I h

I have requested WealeyH , to elaborate on the Online Testing and representation, so will await his response.

Now go Jump on someone else.

I don’t know if any of the newer guys that came in are serious players on the online community, but in prior years you’re right that nobody was e.g. in your leagues. But people always set up and played online games and it was certainly never ignored.

As with offline, the beta team is a relatively small team and even with all the hours put in they aren’t gonna catch everything. And even what they catch they have no influence over whether it gets looked at, where it is in the priority list, or whether it’s even fixable.

I think your initial comment did come across as a little unfair tbh.

I really hope the online issues are minimal in this game in relation to prior ones - the game is excellent and I hope you guys and your league get to enjoy it properly

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I think most arguments start here because of the 'holier-than-though' attitude every one has. Be it junior or senior members.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Thanks, would have really appreciated if a little more "enlightenment" of the Online Processes could have been elaborated , but hence, it is what it is.

I will then leave this , and report back after getting the Game myself and Testing out all Aspects.

PS. So who is the Online Representitive ?

Dean Jhones[DOUBLEPOST=1559034168][/DOUBLEPOST]
You people are crying about a bug and some of us dont even have access to the game. It's a vedio game people not the real deal. It will never be but I believe BA and Beta testers have done a great job so far

Vedio....?!

Oh Kass say it isn’t so!!!

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
With respect this isn’t the place to discuss how Beta goes and what’s involved.

All I will say is it involves a few dudes who give up a lot of free time for the love of the game.

And it was going to stay completely private.

You suggested that online wasn’t looked at it. And it was. Simple as that.

Thanks for the Simple Clarification.

I can allways count on you for a Level Headed response , unlike my perpetually Pissed off Soul-mate called Snowy...

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
@MattW it would be nice if in scenario creation or sharing, there was a description slot. Since if you look at online scenarios it’s impossible to see what the scenarios are.

Even if we don’t have a scenario description perhaps the online part could display the teams, victory condition etc.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Think will be spending most of the time playing England vs Australia, maybe even The Ashes (though it'd be better to wait for the actual series to be going on in real life) and the on disc scenarios, till reasonable amount of creations are there (though @Llewelynf Teacher has uploaded most of the teams I think).

@passwordistaco did say starting a career isn't an issue even without creations, which could come later.

It's an amazing game from the short time I've played!

handsome

International Coach
Actually you said the game needs months of patches for it to be fairly decent?

That would insinuate in its current state it’s crap.

So yeah your not clear at all.

Why would I have an ego? I didn’t make the game.

Oh and I also specifically said not everything would be fixed either. I even put it in brackets for the muppets who would assume that’s what I meant. Guess not everyone saw that .......

You even got the game yet?

It's you who is assuming "it's crap" when said, the game is not "upto the mark as usual case with previous iterations" shows the EGO involved.

Oh, you specifically and categorically asked in no humble words to wait for the holy day 1 patch and then talk if you see bugs.

And now when people are commenting on the game due the either smaller than required time for bug testing or poor quality of it, seem to reply saying i never said anything.

Get your mind clear.

As for the last question, BA already have my 4000 Rupees, again! I am more than happy to have new features in ashes cricket 19.

Users who are viewing this thread