Cricket 19 General Discussion

Parcelmoose

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
But surely they should’ve just been enhancing what they already had. I appreciate what your saying but I don’t really think the licensing element should’ve littered the game with bugs. Okay so they’re rushing for a deadline and skimp on some checks etc, I get it but they’ve certainly had long enough now to get this one right.
I'm not excusing them, just saying why 14 seemed more polished.

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
you can download umpires from the academy
I know...but should I need to? It would be nice to have some variation in umpires in terms of their decision making ability as much as their appearance. It is odd to have umpires looking and performing the same way at club level and international. Not a big issue, though.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I love those retro kits and enjoyed playing some old school cricket matches. We need those retro kits or gear back in the game. I would also love to see a retro stadiums creator option that could create a true portrayal of the stadiums in the 1930s, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s etc.

Yes I always wanted say a chance to switch off the between overs Hawkeye, 3rd umpire on run outs, have retro umpire kits etc... everything for the full on retro experience!

As @Plotinus mentioned about scenarios that kind of stuff would really add a level.

Oregonian

Club Captain
Profile Flag
United States
Yes I always wanted say a chance to switch off the between overs Hawkeye, 3rd umpire on run outs, have retro umpire kits etc... everything for the full on retro experience!

As @Plotinus mentioned about scenarios that kind of stuff would really add a level.
Couldn't agree more. In a retro match, we don't need to have a third umpire and all those modern technological interventions. It would be very exciting to create a 1975 cricket world cup split into 2 groups just like the real 1975 WC format. To my surprise, East Africa was among the 8 teams that participated in that world cup. Go Retro BA.

Last edited:

nzgamer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Big Ant has got all of us exited and eagerly awaiting comms before the release.

As a cricket fan who has played all their games would love to see below comms before the release
1) Game Trailer which shows off the game; batting styles like straight driver's, square cut, Hook shot, good defence may be using slow mo. Similar tricks with bowling and fielding. Previous game trailer's were more of random stuff
2) Feature list for Cricket 19 may be reveal that each Friday like a 15 sec video e.g. perfectly pitched leg break and how it looks and feels in the game should help build excitement in the game

Personally would love to see better iteration of the broadcast camera
@MattW @BigAntStudios

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'd like to see a full breakdown of the career mode. I'm interested in what was disclosed on it already but would like to see more. eg. batting order changes, progression, out of cricket influences (eg. media pushing for you to get selected), etc. Re media, this seems to be quite important - well in australia anyway - so being someone like Will Pucovski who is on the ACB radar after like 1-2 seasons or something.

Also stuff like Bradman awards, Young Cricketer of the year, International Cricketer of the year, being selected to representative sides as a sign of your progress and visibility eg. playing for club and being selected for say Qld U19 XI or Aust U19 XI. Having 2 years averaging 85 in 4 day matches should almost result in a baggie green.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Some more potential career mode adjustments:

I know some people have already mentioned this, but just to reiterate, prompts as captain while simulating would be great. For eg. when superovers start, we should be prompted about which batsmen we want to send out, or what bowlers we want to use. Already mentioned the prompt regarding follow-ons. The ability to choose to follow--on or not even while simulating. I could be mistaken, but I think this was the case in DBC 14 already. Also prompts after every wicket to ask which batsman we want coming out. Maybe something that says "Follow order" (which would follow the current batting order), and another option that says, "Make change" (which takes us to the batting order list from where we can pick which batsman we want coming out. Essentially, more control over the game while simulating would be great.[DOUBLEPOST=1552443874][/DOUBLEPOST]
Also stuff like Bradman awards, Young Cricketer of the year, International Cricketer of the year, being selected to representative sides as a sign of your progress and visibility eg. playing for club and being selected for say Qld U19 XI or Aust U19 XI. Having 2 years averaging 85 in 4 day matches should almost result in a baggie green.
I like this too, annual international and local awards would be fantastic.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Big Ant has got all of us exited and eagerly awaiting comms before the release.

As a cricket fan who has played all their games would love to see below comms before the release
1) Game Trailer which shows off the game; batting styles like straight driver's, square cut, Hook shot, good defence may be using slow mo. Similar tricks with bowling and fielding. Previous game trailer's were more of random stuff
2) Feature list for Cricket 19 may be reveal that each Friday like a 15 sec video e.g. perfectly pitched leg break and how it looks and feels in the game should help build excitement in the game

Personally would love to see better iteration of the broadcast camera
@MattW @BigAntStudios
I actually liked the broadcast cameras already. May be new ones, but let's hope they don't tinker with the ones already there.

nzgamer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
I actually liked the broadcast cameras already. May be new ones, but let's hope they don't tinker with the ones already there.

Yeah its not bad but would not call it ideal, camera panning on top of bowlers head to start with on broadcast 1 have not seen any broadcaster do it.
I feel between broadcast 1 and 2 there is a sweet spot which could be implemented.

Kass D

County Cricketer
I wonder how much of ashes will be on cricket 19. Is it a updated version of ashes or a separately developed game

Nix71289

Club Captain
I agree but feels good to wait for two things in may which both have a high expectation.

Avengers end game and cricket 19.

Pretty sure both have done their homework not to let their fans down.

Guess little more info would out once big ant has finalized the dates and release.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190313-093811.jpg
    Screenshot_20190313-093811.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 111

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
I agree but feels good to wait for two things in may which both have a high expectation.

Avengers end game and cricket 19.

Pretty sure both have done their homework not to let their fans down.

Guess little more info would out once big ant has finalized the dates and release.

Pat Cummins action does look MOCAPPED. Lets hope we have atleast a dozen of bowling action this time and also an ability to mix and match them with respect to runup , pre release and actual release animation also setting speed of all 3 animations I described above so as to give many varieties to career mode NPC players.

With regards to speed it will be awesome if your career player or NPC bowler gets more pacier as season passes and his release animation gets sped by a notch.

Users who are viewing this thread