Cricket 19 General Discussion

D

Dutch

“For the first time ever, a deep, rich cricket simulation will also be playable on the go”

I think they meant on Nintendo Switch by 'playable on the go' I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's what they meant.
Thats what they meant........

Reactions: DAP

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
DBC14 was unlicensed, so they had time to get it right on their own. The licensed games are always going to be under time constraints (the last two Ashes series), so, like you say, don't have the same level of polish.

But surely they should’ve just been enhancing what they already had. I appreciate what your saying but I don’t really think the licensing element should’ve littered the game with bugs. Okay so they’re rushing for a deadline and skimp on some checks etc, I get it but they’ve certainly had long enough now to get this one right.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
@MattW

Maybe in this release or in future releases, I wish we had the management features of International cricket captain or Cricket Coach games with the gameplay of Ashes. Licenses or not doesn't matter gameplay should be addictive and rewarding. That will make up replayability.

If only Childishthingsand bigants would work together in the future!

Whenever I’ve been getting frustrated with Big Ant’s inability to calculate averages correctly, I’ve longed for the statistical prowess of Cricket Captain alongside the gameplay of Big Ant cricket games.

Mavericks157

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That line is in the context of talking about the fact there is a Switch version of the game - that Cricket 19 signifies that a full 'deep, rich cricket simulation' experience will be able to be played on a portable device for the first time.

@MattW Could you please add camera height and camera zoom options in the Cricket 19 ? Because some players like to play in 'Batsman Close' camera. But in Ashes cricket, against spin bowlers, keeper is very distracting even though we enable 'Transparent keeper' option. So if there are camera height and/or camera zoom option, we could use 'Batsman Far' camera with custom zoom / height. It would be very helpful. Please try to do something about this. This will also help in Pro Cam mode as the current pro cam is too much zoomed out in which the Yorker deliveries (Blue color deliveries) are almost invisible because of the black straight screen. Already requested this feature in Ashes cricket and Dbc17. But unfortunately it wasn't considered. Fingers crossed for the new game. Please try to do something about this. The above issue makes 'Batsman close' and 'Pro Cam' almost unusable.

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Another thing I hope for the game is that there is more retro kit back in the game like in dbc14, and the dbc14 option of players having individual helmets/gloves again as in dbc14

This was something that really added a lot of immersion for the sort of boring nerd like me that loved playing retro games
I agree it would be great to have retro kits. The fact that there is going to be a scenario creator would make this even more relevant for recreating classic moments from the past.

Oregonian

Club Captain
Profile Flag
United States
Another thing I hope for the game is that there is more retro kit back in the game like in dbc14, and the dbc14 option of players having individual helmets/gloves again as in dbc14

This was something that really added a lot of immersion for the sort of boring nerd like me that loved playing retro games
I love those retro kits and enjoyed playing some old school cricket matches. We need those retro kits or gear back in the game. I would also love to see a retro stadiums creator option that could create a true portrayal of the stadiums in the 1930s, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s etc.

D

Dutch

I love those retro kits and enjoyed playing some old school cricket matches. We need those retro kits or gear back in the game. I would also love to see a retro stadiums creator option that could create a true portrayal of the stadiums in the 1930s, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s etc.
Brilliant idea but maybe a bridge too far?

Would be brilliant to recreate headingly ‘81 and do a Botham!

Last edited by a moderator:

Oregonian

Club Captain
Profile Flag
United States
Brilliant idea but maybe a bridge too far?

Would be brilliant to recreate headingly ‘81 and do a Botham!
That would be brilliant and it would be another great addition in the game to see the crowd right next to the boundary unlike in the modern day cricket. Vintage umpire long coats would be another cool feature as well as those retro kits.

D

Dutch

That would be brilliant and it would be another great addition in the game to see the crowd right next to the boundary unlike in the modern day cricket. Vintage umpire long coats would be another cool feature as well as those retro kits.

An utterly miserable Dickie Bird looking under the flap of his flat cap.....

Sahil180

Club Captain
I hope that they give the ability to schedule matches in a competition in order when we have multiple teams in the new game.

Users who are viewing this thread