Cricket 19 General Discussion

saumil007

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi there,

It is to do with your camera settings. If you turn invert camera off then it stays the same after the bowl is bowled. When radar switches as if the field was from the other end. Hope this makes sense.
As far as I know there's only setting for Invert batting and bowling, didn't know about Invert camera, I'll have to check that settings! Thankyou

ndschan

Club Captain
I’m playing on a dusty pitch, late in day 3. From around about tea I noticed the AI spinners going around the wicket and attacking leg stump, as if consciously bowling into the rough.

No idea if this is coincidence or a quirk, or whether it’s deliberate but if so it’s an excellent choice it was really immersive.

The did get their direction wrong a bit and bowl a few wides, but that was relatively minor.

If this was design - bravo
Think it's deliberate, AI also tries to exploit the Fast Short with a Forward Short Leg, Long Leg and Fine Leg, which is great. But on the flipside, AI is using this strategy on a Day 2 pitch, and so far it's easy pickings on the leg side

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
After playing 70 hours on PS4 still getting the feeling that some batting shot animations are still weird, square drives, flick, leg glances and pull shots even.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Played an ODI on Pro Medium and posted 354. Yes the opposition were weaker but the intent wasn’t there in the chase. Opener scored 26 from 114!!! They literally just hung around for 45 overs then went crazy in last five. One player scored 54 off 61 and other run-a-ball 22. I won by 203 runs! I’m going to up difficulty level. Was difficult to judge when mucking around but currently just bowling teams out for sub 100 all the time. Gonna wait until halfway point of my competition though... because I’m fussy like that!

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
You haven’t hurt anyone but you’ve not really enlightened anyone either.

Perhaps try a calm and clear explanation of the issues?

He did already on Monday in the Dedicated Online Thread, maybe was just waiting for some aknowledgement or discussion regarding his post.

It being Online , I dont have any hopes even after re-posting it in here, that it will receive any time in the spotlight...

Best we Online folks can do is hope that Bigant does in fact Print the lists out and work on them in the background.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
He did already on Monday in the Dedicated Online Thread, maybe was just waiting for some aknowledgement or discussion regarding his post.

It being Online , I dont have any hopes even after re-posting it in here, that it will receive any time in the spotlight...

Best we Online folks can do is hope that Bigant does in fact Print the lists out and work on them in the background.

Ok, sorry I hadn't seen that. I'm not involved in the beta any more remember, so I don't know, but online was never ignored. I genuinely don't know what the technical issues are that make the online experience much worse than the offline. It's a real pity.

DNT101

School Cricketer
If anyone wants to play Online Tournaments in our Whatsapp PS4 Group. Please let me know or PM me. We play T10, T20, T25-30, and sometimes Tests and tour games. All games we play on veteran mode and classic controls. We have certain rules to make the competition fair and avoid negative tactics. We follow a structure like playing 3 international tournaments 3 domestic/custom team. Also we have a custom team competition to select international teams for world cup (a bit like icc world cup qualifier) Where at the end of the tournament people make a selection in rank order depending on what rank they finish. The more amount of games you play the higher your rank (regardless of wins/losses) and the higher your rank the better chances to select a good international team.

We have rules such as

No shuffling past the off stump showing more than two stumps behind the batsman. This rule is to stop the negative gameplay where players only play on the leg side by standing past the off stump. Shuffling to leg side there is no restriction.

Two red deliveries per over max in limited overs by pace bowlers.

Minimum bowling overs with each type of bowler fast, fast medium, medium and spin to avoid anyone using the same type of bowler throughout an innings.

5/4 field applies at all times meaning a maximum of 5 and minimum of 4 fielders either side.

In our small group we have 4-5 players from England, 4-5 from India, 1-2 from Australia, and USA. Was hoping that I can have a variety of players from various ethnic backgrounds playing together like from South Africa, Australia, West Indies, New Zealand etc. We already have quite a few from Asia. Please let me know if you are interested or know anyone that would be. Thanks :)
Group link

https://chat.whatsapp.com/FJlLznmcy7e2tmJu0QjJ2N

if you have difficulty joining pm me on whatsapp on +447584354950

D

Deleted member 185125

After the recent patches, AI does not score more than 150 even with run rate and AI timing at 90s in T20s. AI used to score 200 at settings at 70.

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
qvycTFQN7uyv4cIWy5cGFpUfpTaFzCx3-Al7y55XaIzNZA6M5O3VDIVMthMJJoexYn-tg3sjYdGlFTtkidgfNvB_l8XIZvTPDkAo4TIB2rP207DXQuVs8Pfala6iJL143gvd86Qn

After the recent patches, AI does not score more than 150 even with run rate and AI timing at 90s in T20s. AI used to score 200 at settings at 70.
I Disagree I was Middlesex They killed me[DOUBLEPOST=1563112389][/DOUBLEPOST]This was patch 1.09 too

Darryl6464

School Cricketer
As far as I know there's only setting for Invert batting and bowling, didn't know about Invert camera, I'll have to check that settings! Thankyou

Sorry I got that wrong as I meant the Invert batting option. Altering this has an effect on whever or not the field changes as soon as the ball is bowled.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is there any workaround to the excessive amount of edges in matches? I didn’t play for a couple of days hoping that BA would bring out another patch. Gave it another go this morning and again edges fly all over the park. This is really the best cricket game ever but needs serious attention to basic things like edges and poor reaction of fielders. Also field settings change even though I disabled AI to make changes.

Users who are viewing this thread