Cricket 19 General Discussion

Astronot_Yet

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I've found that as soon as I take out second or third slip accidental edges start being generated that go through the gap. There is clearly some scripting here to provide an artificial penalty when you remove slips.

That said first slip seems useless as the keeper always seems to magically leap across and take a catch there. This is the same keeper who runs forward and gives away byes to bouncers. There seems to be nothing you can do to stop this. (A workaround is to take out first slip and make him a backstop on the boundary if you are bowling bouncers... but that is just silly and uncricketlike.)

These are issues that should have been sorted by now. They are not minor quirks as they fundamentally affect fielding positions.

Exactly. I remember in Ashes 17, I used to put my "slips" at the edge of the 30 yard circle. And even then many of the "edges" were caught by the 3rd man instead. But at least there were some catchable edges. Cricket 19 seems to have broken up the entire system. Not sure about other consoles, but on PC, it's really disappointing to see no slip dismissals in over 500 overs of Test Cricket for me.

Todd scrace

School Cricketer
Exactly. I remember in Ashes 17, I used to put my "slips" at the edge of the 30 yard circle. And even then many of the "edges" were caught by the 3rd man instead. But at least there were some catchable edges. Cricket 19 seems to have broken up the entire system. Not sure about other consoles, but on PC, it's really disappointing to see no slip dismissals in over 500 overs of Test Cricket for me.

I play on Xbox one and have seen many catches go to 3rd slip - gully region.

The keeper seems to take anything up to 2nd slip which has been mentioned but yeah have seen plenty on career and ashes mode go to slips.

May be a PC thing?

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
How do you live with semi-assisted fielding? It says L2 but I cannot get my players to dive for the life of me. It really costs a lot of runs, particularly when the AI can do it. I can do the tap back with Y but that's it.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
How do you live with semi-assisted fielding? It says L2 but I cannot get my players to dive for the life of me. It really costs a lot of runs, particularly when the AI can do it. I can do the tap back with Y but that's it.
It has been reported and hopefully will be fixed in the next patch.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
I have started adjusting all teams/players fielding attributes to almost max. I can honestly say that the fielders are much more responsive. Hope it works for you guys.

622D609E-C463-4114-B4BF-7A499754C4A2.jpeg

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I have started adjusting all teams/players fielding attributes to almost max. I can honestly say that the fielders are much more responsive. Hope it works for you guys.

View attachment 225985
That is a way to fix it but it is highly unrealistic. How can one rate Afghan and Pakistani fielders at 100? Big Ant really needs to fix this. This is btw a good temporary solution.

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I have seen a few people complaining about very technical things that are not present in the game. These are the only few features that I want to be added in this game or the next one.If these are implemented I will even go and buy it for $70(USD)
1. More names in Commentary
2. A new commentator from England. Bumble,Nasser Hussain or Atherton.
3. Edges tuned
4. Slow fielding fixed
5. Better Replica stadiums like Delhi,Cape Town etc
6. Stumps,Boundary ropes and Adboards editing of Licensed and unlicensed stadiums on Console
I dont care about anything other than these.

Dracos

County Cricketer
The loading times are strangely lengthy. Takes about a minute or more sometimes. Does anyone else face this? Is this normal? I have it installed on an ssd and have a gtx 1070.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
The loading times are strangely lengthy. Takes about a minute or more sometimes. Does anyone else face this? Is this normal? I have it installed on an ssd and have a gtx 1070.
This was my pet peeve with DBC17. The load times were approximately in the same range as you've mentioned here. I thought it was because of my specs - a relatively old HDD coupled with a budget graphics card. RAM and processor were fairly decent though.

Didn't really get a lot of game time with Ashes Cricket but I'm hopeful I will be lucky with this game with new hardware. A minute or so is quite long tbh.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
That is a way to fix it but it is highly unrealistic. How can one rate Afghan and Pakistani fielders at 100? Big Ant really needs to fix this. This is btw a good temporary solution.
You will be amazed to see how underrated some of the players are if you look at their fielding attributes. That’s why we get players throwing the ball like pre-school girls lol. In real life you won’t see any cricketers with such poor reaction as what you find in the game.

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
You will be amazed to see how underrated some of the players are if you look at their fielding attributes. That’s why we get players throwing the ball like pre-school girls lol. In real life you won’t see any cricketers with such poor reaction as what you find in the game.
Absolutely correct!

honsweeter39

County Cricketer
Hey guys some things i missing in Cricket 19, what if i want to start career with custom team or with Ireland. There is only 9 teams options to start career. BAS are going to fix it?

Users who are viewing this thread