Cricket 19 General Discussion

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Before the Latest patch in My Match hard and heavy cracks , But When I load after the Patch I can't see the cracks on the pitch

Wizle

Club Cricketer
I know that we’re always asking for outfield catches in Test/First Class matches but I do wonder how common they are in actual cricket in that format. Maybe my lack of a steady diet of Zimbabwean Test cricket is clouding my perception but what are we asking for here? A cricket simulator or the arcadiest version of it we can find vs the AI? Because I always feel like an overwhelming percentage of dismissals by fast bowlers at least is in the slip cordon or the wicketkeeper with bowled and lbw coming a close second. Rarely is anyone in the inner ring catching something that hasn’t been banged in short imo. Feel free to correct me if I’m relying too much on anecdotal evidence here but I feel the rare occasion we do see the inner ring/outfield catch squares with real life cricket for the most part

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
I know that we’re always asking for outfield catches in Test/First Class matches but I do wonder how common they are in actual cricket in that format. Maybe my lack of a steady diet of Zimbabwean Test cricket is clouding my perception but what are we asking for here? A cricket simulator or the arcadiest version of it we can find vs the AI? Because I always feel like an overwhelming percentage of dismissals by fast bowlers at least is in the slip cordon or the wicketkeeper with bowled and lbw coming a close second. Rarely is anyone in the inner ring catching something that hasn’t been banged in short imo. Feel free to correct me if I’m relying too much on anecdotal evidence here but I feel the rare occasion we do see the inner ring/outfield catch squares with real life cricket for the most part

I feel the same tbh. It just doesn't seem overly common in tests?

Wizle

Club Cricketer
I feel the same tbh. It just doesn't seem overly common in tests?
It kinda blows my mind that as a community so many people ask for that one specific thing that doesn’t seem all that common. I’m understanding of people asking BA for more dismissal opportunities in the outfield from spin bowling I can stomach that bc we see a fair few slog sweeps gone wrong but from pace I feel it’s just fine

D

Dutch

It kinda blows my mind that as a community so many people ask for that one specific thing that doesn’t seem all that common. I’m understanding of people asking BA for more dismissal opportunities in the outfield from spin bowling I can stomach that bc we see a fair few slog sweeps gone wrong but from pace I feel it’s just fine
Its like people wanting the straight drive to be super productive.....take any wagon wheel and you will see how hard it is to score past the bowler with grounded shots.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'm getting a lot of stuttering again on PC after this patch, where I didn't have it in the last one (ball travelling across outfield etc)

Any ideas?

I have to respectfully disagree here. With experience of watching cricket for 25 years in four countries, working for Cricinfo, playing age group rep cricket, being a cricket photographer, a club coach in the Netherlands and a school coach in South Africa, and helping run barmy army tours to test series in the UK and South Africa. Still couldn't break into the beta team though :(

Outfield catches, fair enough, perhaps one a test on average? Maybe the same likelihood as a run out.

But ring catches? Catches at point, mid off, mid wicket, mistimes, leading edges. One or two an innings? They are not in the majority but I've been amazed that not having them at all hasn't really been picked up by many people.

Other massive things like AI spinners ripping the ball both ways ease (now fixed) or the fact that none of the sliders did anything at all in DBC14 also were not really worried about by too many people on here. It just shows how different our cricket gaming experiences are I guess.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Its like people wanting the straight drive to be super productive.....take any wagon wheel and you will see how hard it is to score past the bowler with grounded shots.

I'm not sure how it's behaving after the latest patch, but when you play a straight drive IRL, you don't expect to be superhumanly caught by the bowler following through, say 20 per cent of the time as I've been experiencing. Again that's maybe something that happens less than 1 percent of the time? Obviously very hard to create in game, but it was very, very excessive.

Wizle

Club Cricketer
No doubt unless it’s lofted that straight drive and a leading edge are usually the reason for most c&b in real life. I suppose I can understand people also just wanting to have a bit of fun and leaning into the arcadey version of thing. Other than that the game is in a great place and only a revamp of a few frustrating fielding animations, addition of a few shot animations or at least making them easier to trigger, and limited competition point tables in career mode this is the best we’ve ever had it

Wizle

Club Cricketer
I'm getting a lot of stuttering again on PC after this patch, where I didn't have it in the last one (ball travelling across outfield etc)

Any ideas?

I have to respectfully disagree here. With experience of watching cricket for 25 years in four countries, working for Cricinfo, playing age group rep cricket, being a cricket photographer, a club coach in the Netherlands and a school coach in South Africa, and helping run barmy army tours to test series in the UK and South Africa. Still couldn't break into the beta team though :(

Outfield catches, fair enough, perhaps one a test on average? Maybe the same likelihood as a run out.

But ring catches? Catches at point, mid off, mid wicket, mistimes, leading edges. One or two an innings? They are not in the majority but I've been amazed that not having them at all hasn't really been picked up by many people.

Other massive things like AI spinners ripping the ball both ways ease (now fixed) or the fact that none of the sliders did anything at all in DBC14 also were not really worried about by too many people on here. It just shows how different our cricket gaming experiences are I guess.
I do take your point about the inner ring but the both of us are still relying on anecdotal evidence here. I’d love if I can find someone who’s done a statistical deep dive of where the highest percentage of wickets comes from in an innings even if it’s limited to just a stretch of test matches in one country. Nonetheless always great to hear feedback from a fan of the game who’s as highly involved as you are especially one who’s spent time in SA. My first experiences of the game came in the 03 CWC in Zim I’d have been like 5/6 back then.

Btw I’ve come across my fair share of leading edges and mistimed shots going to midwicket square leg region as far back as the patch prior to the latest one and I think I made mention of it back then so those aren’t completely missing from the game. Not as high frequency as once or twice an innings unless I count my own poor batting lol.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I really miss having the power to set line-ups before the match, that stay like that till the series ends, and that setting up prompt used to always come before match day. Now, I have to change my 11 everytime before the match starts. And it reverts back to the old 11 every time a new match comes up. This is my only complaint the with the new patch.

Sahil70

Club Captain
Just when I thought this game could not get any weirder, got this bizzare dismissal . Me batting played an uppish shot back down the pitch. It didnt go near the bowler, hit the stumps at other end and was rolling away from stumps when suddenly bowler comes along, picks it up and throws it in the air claiming a c&b. What??????????:eek:

Needless to say I wasn’t going to accept that nonsense so exited and went back in to resume the game

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Just when I thought this game could not get any weirder, got this bizzare dismissal . Me batting played an uppish shot back down the pitch. It didnt go near the bowler, hit the stumps at other end and was rolling away from stumps when suddenly bowler comes along, picks it up and throws it in the air claiming a c&b. What??????????:eek:

Needless to say I wasn’t going to accept that nonsense so exited and went back in to resume the game
I would call Match Fixing...Umpires have been bought and paid for ;)

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Is anyone else having issues downloading from the Academy on PS4? I'm trying to download a team (Australia 1998/99) but it's been stuck on 'Downloading Data' for over 10 minutes.

The academy will have moments like that from time to time. I usually find restarting the game resolves it

Users who are viewing this thread