Cricket 19 General Discussion

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Very interesting camera angle. I'd never thought of playing it like that but I quite enjoyed watching it through the eyes of the player.

At the moment my camera angle is I suppose what you'd call the regular front on view. TV view but might change it to yours and give it a go.
I have always preferred the close cam as I like to be close to the action and this angle also allows me to read the angle of the delivery and read the ball better to play proper shots with footwork...

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Am I missing something in test format? Day 2 SA vs ENG playing Pro default settings and the AI (ENG) is trying to smash every ball. They are not even trying to defend. Also they get way to easy 3’s and 4’s by running. Will it change if I play on Veteran or Legendary difficulty?

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Am I missing something in test format? Day 2 SA vs ENG playing Pro default settings and the AI (ENG) is trying to smash every ball. They are not even trying to defend. Also they get way to easy 3’s and 4’s by running. Will it change if I play on Veteran or Legendary difficulty?
If you need genuine approach from AI then go for legend and under AI sliders set run rate to 15.. Its really hard to get wickets so that way really challenging and their shot selection is really good..

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
I made a test match with AI vs AI and monitored the ball wear after every 15 overs. Strangely only the logo faded with the first ball. Interestingly after they took the new ball it started wearing after only 13 overs. Did another AI vs AI and the same thing happened. Busy with a new test match but this time I’m actually playing myself. AI already finished bowling which means I’m taking the new ball and hoping it will wear after 15 to 20 overs. Will give feedback tomorrow
My test failed because only the logo fades. Ball basically looks new when it’s time to take a new ball.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
If you need genuine approach from AI then go for legend and under AI sliders set run rate to 15.. Its really hard to get wickets so that way really challenging and their shot selection is really good..
I have played on legendary before but with default sliders. Changed to Pro because batting became harder after the latest patch

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I have always preferred the close cam as I like to be close to the action and this angle also allows me to read the angle of the delivery and read the ball better to play proper shots with footwork...

Cheers. How did you manage to get your player playing County cricket against the likes of Stokes etc?

In my career i was pretty decent but it still took years to get to my county and by then most of the current players had retired or just turned rubbish.

I might start a new career with selection on 'easiest' then up it when I get a county selection

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Cheers. How did you manage to get your player playing County cricket against the likes of Stokes etc?

In my career i was pretty decent but it still took years to get to my county and by then most of the current players had retired or just turned rubbish.

I might start a new career with selection on 'easiest' then up it when I get a county selection
Being all rounder you kind of progress faster than you expect as you are contributing in 2 departments.. I have selection at hard but I have got into International exposure now.. But gotta get consistent with runs though, my bowling is what is making me stay in the team for now.. AI has been pretty good so far..

PJR

School Cricketer
How on earth do you stop club bowlers bowling at you at 92mph?! I've reduced the max speed bowler slider but it hasnt changed anything.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Being all rounder you kind of progress faster than you expect as you are contributing in 2 departments.. I have selection at hard but I have got into International exposure now.. But gotta get consistent with runs though, my bowling is what is making me stay in the team for now.. AI has been pretty good so far..
On the other hand I went with easy selection, and my player has an average of mid 20s and still captains the team. However, it can be justified being an all rounder.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
How on earth do you stop club bowlers bowling at you at 92mph?! I've reduced the max speed bowler slider but it hasnt changed anything.
Changing sliders wont change the speed that is shown but the pace does reduce.. You dont want to see a bowler running in from boundary fast and the speedometer shows 65mph.. Its more of cosmetic thing but sliders do make a difference..

Reactions: PJR

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Need help again please. I’m playing classic controls batting and would like to know how to play the ball to legside when the AI bowls outside off stump. I see the AI doing it all the time but I can’t do it. Usually I miss it completely or the ball just thumps into the pad. Even if my timing is good I dont make contact with the ball. Please help

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Need help again please. I’m playing classic controls batting and would like to know how to play the ball to legside when the AI bowls outside off stump. I see the AI doing it all the time but I can’t do it. Usually I miss it completely or the ball just thumps into the pad. Even if my timing is good I dont make contact with the ball. Please help
I totally recommend playing proper shots based on the merit of the ball but if you would like to play it regardless then key is to get the foot pointed towards mid off to cover and shot input down leg..

Mid wicket region or mid on region is easier, squarer if the length is right finer is tricky to hit from outside off..

There's risk of getting a leading edge as well so keep that in mind..

Users who are viewing this thread