Cricket 19 General Discussion

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Anyone get these annoying little bloody edges all the time so frustrating when bowling

HarisRetarded

Club Cricketer
Anyone get these annoying little bloody edges all the time so frustrating when bowling
Yes. I never had this bug before and i have played about 10 ODIs since latest patch. But the latest game i played, the AI batsmen would edge the ball every ball. The only solution i found was to save and quit. Then reload the match. It seems to rectify the problem for some time.
The same can be said for the "bowling effort balls while low on stamina may cause injury" bug which repeats every ball when the AI is bowling.

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Yes. I never had this bug before and i have played about 10 ODIs since latest patch. But the latest game i played, the AI batsmen would edge the ball every ball. The only solution i found was to save and quit. Then reload the match. It seems to rectify the problem for some time.
The same can be said for the "bowling effort balls while low on stamina may cause injury" bug which repeats every ball when the AI is bowling.
thanks mate will try that wonder if we can get it looked at

zafar_sheikh

Club Captain
I guess only I have experienced it that an A.I spinner bowled a no ball to me and also A.I fielder attempted a diving catch near the boundary... Though couldn't take the catch but still saved the boundary...

Ashy-90

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
How do i get more swing/leg cut bowling experience in game ?? which Modifiers do i need to increase ?? help

Stil

Club Captain
Profile Flag
United States
Hi all,

I've been following cricket for several years now in America. I've learnt a lot in this time, but I still have trouble determining differences between how Cricket 19 plays vs. real life cricket (which probably makes me enjoy the game more; ignorance is bliss :lol).

Anyway, I was wondering if you'd say batting in Cricket 19 follows the below guide or is completely different in game (or maybe you don't even agree with this guide).

I play on Pro AI difficulty with Batting/Bowling at Medium. I'm getting a lot of edges when batting and I'm not sure if it's because there are too many seemingly random edges (I've heard others speak of this), or I just need to play my shots better.

_40720040_batting_stroke_sel3_203.gif

HarisRetarded

Club Cricketer
Hi all,

I've been following cricket for several years now in America. I've learnt a lot in this time, but I still have trouble determining differences between how Cricket 19 plays vs. real life cricket (which probably makes me enjoy the game more; ignorance is bliss :lol).

Anyway, I was wondering if you'd say batting in Cricket 19 follows the below guide or is completely different in game (or maybe you don't even agree with this guide).

I play on Pro AI difficulty with Batting/Bowling at Medium. I'm getting a lot of edges when batting and I'm not sure if it's because there are too many seemingly random edges (I've heard others speak of this), or I just need to play my shots better.

_40720040_batting_stroke_sel3_203.gif
I would say the guide is pretty spot on. However where it says sweeps for a spinner is a leg flick/ glance for pace bowlers.

Also generally any good lenght or short ball by a pacer on the fourth/fifth stump can be punched on the backfoot on the offside.

As for the edges, the bug where there is an edge every ball only happens when the AI bats ( at least in my experience.) You can tinker with the edges sliders in difficulty options to see if that helps you.

relaxedanderson

County Cricketer
I would say the guide is pretty spot on. However where it says sweeps for a spinner is a leg flick/ glance for pace bowlers.

Also generally any good lenght or short ball by a pacer on the fourth/fifth stump can be punched on the backfoot on the offside.

And I think most coaches would prefer it if most of that hook section was replaced with 'duck/sway/generally get out of the way'. Not quite as dangerous a shot in C19 as it is im real life though.

Gayan

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Can you get stumped when batting against spin or as a dismissal bowling with spin?

Seems to be removed from the game, previous iterations when u or the Ai played aggressive shots against spin and missed the ball your foot sometimes would drag out of the crease. So ud have the watch your feet and hit cancel to get back in the crease before you were stumped.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England

I had the “Bowling effort ball etc” for one match, probably one I was midway through when the patch arrived but it’s gone now. This is on PS4.

I do think that a dismissal becoming choreographed has crept into the game. This was prominent in previous games. I mean that if I drop a catch it doesn’t usually matter because the batsmen won’t last much longer often playing some ordinary shots for only a couple more deliveries. Ultimately though I get a lot of pleasure out of this game and Big Ant deserve huge credit. I’m certainly not of the impression that the numerous patches have caused the game to regress. The current state of Cricket 19 is as good as Big Ant have ever been with their cricket games.

HarisRetarded

Club Cricketer
I had the “Bowling effort ball etc” for one match, probably one I was midway through when the patch arrived but it’s gone now. This is on PS4.

I do think that a dismissal becoming choreographed has crept into the game. This was prominent in previous games. I mean that if I drop a catch it doesn’t usually matter because the batsmen won’t last much longer often playing some ordinary shots for only a couple more deliveries. Ultimately though I get a lot of pleasure out of this game and Big Ant deserve huge credit. I’m certainly not of the impression that the numerous patches have caused the game to regress. The current state of Cricket 19 is as good as Big Ant have ever been with their cricket games.
I wholeheartedly agree. I have owned every Big Ant cricket game, and Cricket 19 is by far the best cricket game i have ever played, especially after the patches.

It is the only cricket game which i keep getting back to. I would play 2-3 ODIs, then would take a break from the game, only to find me craving to play it again after watching a good match on TV. Or just generally comparing live cricket to the game.

I can endure bugs like "bowling effort balls..." or AI edging every ball which has a simple fix: just reloading the match. It does not detract me from having fun with the game.

I never noticed the scripted dismissal of an AI batsman after a set amount of deliveries. Will keep my eyes open the next time i drop a catch. But i do remember getting a clean bowled on an AI batsmen on the first delivery but overstepping. He retired hurt on 147 in the 47th over. To this date the only retired hurt i ever had. This was an ODI on the latest patch btw.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I wholeheartedly agree. I have owned every Big Ant cricket game, and Cricket 19 is by far the best cricket game i have ever played, especially after the patches.

It is the only cricket game which i keep getting back to. I would play 2-3 ODIs, then would take a break from the game, only to find me craving to play it again after watching a good match on TV. Or just generally comparing live cricket to the game.

I can endure bugs like "bowling effort balls..." or AI edging every ball which has a simple fix: just reloading the match. It does not detract me from having fun with the game.

I never noticed the scripted dismissal of an AI batsman after a set amount of deliveries. Will keep my eyes open the next time i drop a catch. But i do remember getting a clean bowled on an AI batsmen on the first delivery but overstepping. He retired hurt on 147 in the 47th over. To this date the only retired hurt i ever had. This was an ODI on the latest patch btw.
This is actually true. Whenever I see India play, I want to always be back to my career mode where I am the captain of that same team.

PJR

School Cricketer
Thats a new one i haven't seen. Thought i'd miss timed a slower ball but upon viewing the replay the ball went straight through my bat and hit my stumps.

Sahil70

Club Captain
Is there any reason why AI would not use a frontline bowler for a whole day?

Am playing a test Ind(me) vs ENG (AI). Picked 2 spinners in their team , Bess and Leach.

Leach however only bowled 1 over all day and that too it was the very 1st over(I think I forgot to change the opening bowler). It even got Denly to bowl 12 overs.

Another weird thing was AI field setting towards the end of the day for a set batsman, putting every single fielder on the boundary except 1 plus keeper of course. Anyone else ever see this?

Users who are viewing this thread