Cricket 19 General Discussion

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
@wasteyouryouth @Gamer Pradosh i don't have the 4 an over, smash a boundary issue you have.

streaming live, now, maybe you can compare.

That said 1st over I went live they hit 2 boundaries and took 10 off the over!

Watched a few overs. Nice work from Hemmings and Fraser to finish off the Indian batting line up...including good catch at slip from Gooch.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Watched a few overs. Nice work from Hemmings and Fraser to finish off the Indian batting line up...including good catch at slip from Gooch.

Yes. Oddly I picked the inns to stream where the AI folded in no time!! But they typically bat like that but without crumbling, so I'm definitely not seeing the high run rate, boundary all the time issues others have had.

Was an action packed inns including a couple of umpiring shockers!

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Recently treated myself to an absolute beast of a PC and for whatever reason the game is an absolute joy to play.

Not sure if it’s the extra FPS or what but even batting feels far far more fluid.

I have never had the boundary off the last ball issue. Ever. Oddly
It's your love for the game and the upgraded machine, which makes it a joy.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
legend everything else default.
I play on legend as well with custom slider settings.. Will see how it goes with runrate on 15 which is currently on 25.. For the boundary thing the more bugging is the way they get that 4 runs.. If its a beautiful lean in cover drive then I would really enjoy the way it was executed but its a slog mostly through covers as I have that open for slips to come into play or its edged inbetween slips and gully..

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I play on legend as well with custom slider settings.. Will see how it goes with runrate on 15 which is currently on 25.. For the boundary thing the more bugging is the way they get that 4 runs.. If its a beautiful lean in cover drive then I would really enjoy the way it was executed but its a slog mostly through covers as I have that open for slips to come into play or its edged inbetween slips and gully..

well yeah I regularly get edges for 4 I just look at that as one of those things. Get very few slogs though.

edit - double checked my settings. I thought I had timing and wicket chance both slightly lowered, but I don’t. All my AI settings are default with 50, AI setting legend.

Last edited:

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
well yeah I regularly get edges for 4 I just look at that as one of those things. Get very few slogs though.

edit - double checked my settings. I thought I had timing and wicket chance both slightly lowered, but I don’t. All my AI settings are default with 50, AI setting legend.

sorry if missed but batting / bowling difficulty settings are ?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
sorry if missed but batting / bowling difficulty settings are ?

bowling is hardest as the base, and i think i've made a couple of settings slightly harder. batting is hard and i've made a couple of settings slightly easier. in particular on batting i made the timing windows a little bigger (but not as big as medium), and increased timing power boost.

physics is all default too. in general i try to change as few settings as possible.

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
bowling is hardest as the base, and i think i've made a couple of settings slightly harder. batting is hard and i've made a couple of settings slightly easier. in particular on batting i made the timing windows a little bigger (but not as big as medium), and increased timing power boost.

physics is all default too. in general i try to change as few settings as possible.

thanks , I give these a whirl

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner

There could be plenty of things at play I suppose but maybe you're just better. On those settings I do not have an enjoyable experience bowling in test matches. AI will score well above 4 per over.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
There could be plenty of things at play I suppose but maybe you're just better. On those settings I do not have an enjoyable experience bowling in test matches. AI will score well above 4 per over.

That’s def not normal? But... depending on the mentalities someone aggressive or brute can get away from you..

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

what kind of pitches/weather do you play on and dies that ever make a difference?

what teams do you play as or against etc?

I think there are a lot of factors. I definitely bowl better than I bat, for sure!!

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
That’s def not normal? But... depending on the mentalities someone aggressive or brute can get away from you..

what kind of pitches/weather do you play on and dies that ever make a difference?

what teams do you play as or against etc?

I think there are a lot of factors. I definitely bowl better than I bat, for sure!!

My settings vary depending on where I want to play, but my experience has been consistently AI scoring 4 runs per over per session. First session they usually got 4.5 and then slow down in the last ten and end up about 120.

There's probably a dozen things; I don't use/look at the bowling hud, field settings, bowler skill, batter skill, bowling strategy, my skill, batter mentality, pitch, weather, classic/standard control system.

Put aside the actual variables from the match and I really don't know how you can take the difficulty and control variables and make sense of feedback to implement changes. Took us about three or four days to narrow the AI difficulty for four of us when trying to evaluate an issue.

Five AI difficulties
Five user difficulties for bowling, batting and fielding
All for each control system; not just different buttons but very different ways of playing the game.

My maths isn't good but, even before people making slider changes, is that 40 or 50 difficulty variables (eg legend: easiest, easy, medium, hard, hardest on both standard and classic)? That's just for batting! Is there any other game that even comes close?

Not saying it should be like Sekiro and have one difficulty but surely it would help to simplify it. If not for players then for devs to be able to narrow down and target flaws and make improvements.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
My settings vary depending on where I want to play, but my experience has been consistently AI scoring 4 runs per over per session. First session they usually got 4.5 and then slow down in the last ten and end up about 120.

There's probably a dozen things; I don't use/look at the bowling hud, field settings, bowler skill, batter skill, bowling strategy, my skill, batter mentality, pitch, weather, classic/standard control system.

Put aside the actual variables from the match and I really don't know how you can take the difficulty and control variables and make sense of feedback to implement changes. Took us about three or four days to narrow the AI difficulty for four of us when trying to evaluate an issue.

Five AI difficulties
Five user difficulties for bowling, batting and fielding
All for each control system; not just different buttons but very different ways of playing the game.

My maths isn't good but, even before people making slider changes, is that 40 or 50 difficulty variables (eg legend: easiest, easy, medium, hard, hardest on both standard and classic)? That's just for batting! Is there any other game that even comes close?

Not saying it should be like Sekiro and have one difficulty but surely it would help to simplify it. If not for players then for devs to be able to narrow down and target flaws and make improvements.

It is complex indeed. I've generally tried to keep things as "basic" as possible, using mostly default. I've only adjusted some batting sliders because I found medium too easy but was getting slaughtered (like under 50 and not able to play an attacking shot without edging) on hard.

I do use bowling hud, but i try not to look at it for seamers, i do need it for spinners though.[DOUBLEPOST=1585658776][/DOUBLEPOST]OMG I just saw @quincy159 online!! How are you mate? Haven't seen you for ages. Your dbc14 90s mods were amazing!!

Users who are viewing this thread