Cricket 19 General Discussion

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain
Not getting why this is happening.
Playing a test on dusty/soft surface.On day 2 AI (ENG)started its inns. Scoring was steady while quicks were on. Brought the spinners on and ended up bowling 11 consecutive maidens.AI just kept hitting to fielders. Ended up quitting the game out of frustration and therefore the series as this was 2nd test

Whatever happened to AI being able to find gaps and rotate strike and whatever else that was put in the description about AI in the game.

Perhps you were bowling very well. On a dusty surface the ball will spin and spinners can be deadly on a soft or very soft surface. That sort of thing can happen in 'real life'.

TacticsTimbo

School Cricketer
Currently taking part in a Cricket 19 tournament within our group chat (we completed a snake draft to select teams and the host is streaming each game - AI vs AI). I won't bore you with the details, however we have noticed a rather odd trend as the group stage has gone on. Lots of players (namely older players but also others) suffer from significant decreases in their OVR rating after every match. For example, Harbhajan Singh started the tournament at an OVR of 81, yet by Round 10 he's sub-50. Conversely, other players like James Vince have increased in rating, despite only appearing in losses (and not performing well individually).

I was hoping to get some sort of explanation as to how these rating changes are determined, whether it's purely based on age of if there are other factors involved (hidden perks?). Cheers in advance.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Currently taking part in a Cricket 19 tournament within our group chat (we completed a snake draft to select teams and the host is streaming each game - AI vs AI). I won't bore you with the details, however we have noticed a rather odd trend as the group stage has gone on. Lots of players (namely older players but also others) suffer from significant decreases in their OVR rating after every match. For example, Harbhajan Singh started the tournament at an OVR of 81, yet by Round 10 he's sub-50. Conversely, other players like James Vince have increased in rating, despite only appearing in losses (and not performing well individually).

I was hoping to get some sort of explanation as to how these rating changes are determined, whether it's purely based on age of if there are other factors involved (hidden perks?). Cheers in advance.
Might be an age thing. Someone mentioned it the other day happening to Jimmy Anderson in Ashes mode.

Hester

County Cricketer

Similar thing happened to me when playing the Ashes series. Anderson went from 78 rated, to 71 rated in the 2nd test, then 68 rated for the 3rd test. Very weird.[DOUBLEPOST=1590289518][/DOUBLEPOST]
Might be an age thing. Someone mentioned it the other day happening to Jimmy Anderson in Ashes mode.

Yeah, that was me. A similar thing happened in bigant's tennis game with Federer, but they fixed it.

TacticsTimbo

School Cricketer
Similar thing happened to me when playing the Ashes series. Anderson went from 78 rated, to 71 rated in the 2nd test, then 68 rated for the 3rd test. Very weird.[DOUBLEPOST=1590289518][/DOUBLEPOST]

Yeah, that was me. A similar thing happened in bigant's tennis game with Federer, but they fixed it.
So we ran some numbers on all the players to see what we could find:
w0ZMhr2.png
NDBla8m.png

Apologies if these are a little big. The general trend shows that as a player gets older, they are more likely to see drops in ratings between matches. This is particularly true for players around 38/39+, where we see a large trough. When putting these figures alongside the context of balls bowled/face, we came to the conclusion that age is the most important factor, but other small variables also contribute (we have yet to look into the perk system since only a couple of us own the game, but I'll do that tonight).

There are of course anomalies, Morne Morkel was bashed for 57 (4.0) off one of his spells earlier in the tournament, yet at the ripe old age of 35 he appears to be in the form of his life, if you believe the +9 spike in his rating. Evergreen Darren Stevens is also holding up despite edging closer to his pension every day. More to follow...

Hester

County Cricketer
w0ZMhr2.png
NDBla8m.png

Apologies if these are a little big. The general trend shows that as a player gets older, they are more likely to see drops in ratings between matches. This is particularly true for players around 38/39+, where we see a large trough. When putting these figures alongside the context of balls bowled/face, we came to the conclusion that age is the most important factor, but other small variables also contribute (we have yet to look into the perk system since only a couple of us own the game, but I'll do that tonight).

There are of course anomalies, Morne Morkel was bashed for 57 (4.0) off one of his spells earlier in the tournament, yet at the ripe old age of 35 he appears to be in the form of his life, if you believe the +9 spike in his rating. Evergreen Darren Stevens is also holding up despite edging closer to his pension every day. More to follow...

Great work! Interesting to see.
I posted a bug report a few days ago so hopefully they'll see it. They had the same issue in their tennis game, which they fixed, so hopefully they'll look at it.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
w0ZMhr2.png
NDBla8m.png

This is quality stuff mate. Great work.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My hard drive got damaged and I lost all my files. Saved files of Cricket 19 too.. Is there any way I can get my saved game files back?

If you're on steam and allowed cloud saving otherwise no. Not sure about consoles and how they do it. If you're super desperate you can get hdd recoveries from tech stores etc, but they're pretty pricey, upwards of a couple of hundred dollars.

Cricketlover453534

School Cricketer
If you're on steam and allowed cloud saving otherwise no. Not sure about consoles and how they do it. If you're super desperate you can get hdd recoveries from tech stores etc, but they're pretty pricey, upwards of a couple of hundred dollars.
Thankyou brother for the reply. Yes I am on steam. Lets see if I can recover my hard disk data.

Hester

County Cricketer
Anyone know why they took players wearing jumpers out of the game? Thought that was a cool little feature in Ashes Cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread