Cricket 19 General Discussion

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
hi guys please help me my game lags and stutters during night mode matches it runs smoothly in day time and evening matches but lags during night time please help if possible i have good specs pc
Disable VSync

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain
I just completed my first Ashes win over Australia with white wash 5-0. In my final 5th test i won despite enforced follow-on. I noticed after bowling over 85 overs in 1st innings to AI and 125 overs in the 2nd, hardly saw any reverse swing?
Has anyone else experienced reverse swing in cricket 19? if so can you please guide me how to achieve that?
I also noticed on lot of occasions when i take single by leg byes or byes, the same batsmen is back again on the strike despite being run added to the total, is that a bug in the game?

Appreciate your suggestions/comments.View attachment 233135 View attachment 233136 View attachment 233137

Yeah, I've noticed the leg bye bug a few times when I play.

hamzahassan14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
You definitely were practising for a long time. Can’t believe you scored 67 and 957 in the follow on - never seen anyone follow on that brilliantly. I am intrigued in your batting style are you quite aggressive which is what it seems from the strike rates and the scores and looking to loft shots to boundaries or are you a grounded aggressive stroke player. And this tired nonsense right so when I start playing a session I lose a wicket early regain my concentration for about 10 overs and then have a mini collapse on the stroke of the end of the session. How do you do it and what levels of enjoyment do you get from the game?
Well to be honest i wasn't that good in the beginning. I started playing on the easiest difficulty progressing through to hardest currently. I mostly opt to play in gaps with aggressive grounded shots. If i time them correctly my strike rate goes higher but at the same time batsmen stamina decreases sharply compared to play non-aggressive grounded shots. Then i used to play couple of dot overs to regain my stamina and continue the same. It is important to note that on hardest difficulty, the timing window is very narrow. So you need to be very good in judgement and i guess you improve with your hours spent on playing. One thing important here to note that i haven't simulated a single match since i started playing cricket 19. This helps me to improve both my batting and bowling skills. In addition i tend to play most of the shots on leg sides as this reduced the chances of getting edges as a split lapse in timing while playing towards covers will lead to edging to slips or keeper. I often move outside middle and off to time the ball square or fine depending on the length of the ball. In easiest difficulty level i had no issues of playing on the off as well as leg side but this leads to too many edges on higher difficulty levels when you play with horizontal shots on the off side (based on my own batting experience).
In the first few months of this game, i was always playing just T20 matches including tournaments to leagues. In the recent times of current situation where you are forced to stay home, i started to play 50 overs and test games as T20s were getting bored to me as there was nothing new for me. Then i realized that if you try to be aggressive from the word go, you will end up getting edges and mistimed shots. As you progress slowly while increasing your stamina, timing shots improves drastically.
In terms of enjoyment i enjoy playing with fresh mindset meaning that i never play any longer than 1.5-2 hrs in one go and instead save game and continue later. I believe if you play continuously without break you tend to lose focus and concentration. This was exactly reflected in the game i posted above screen shots. I also enjoyed bowling the most 130 overs to AI in the Ashes series. This helped me to place the ball release areas correctly matched with the type of delivery selected. For example if you just select in-swing without moving the release point between 9-11 o clock, the ball will always tend to go from middle towards leg stump, thus reducing the chances of getting LBW or edges. The same applies for out swingers the cursor(release point) need to be b/w 1-3 o clock position.

I am now focusing to unlock the locked achievements that lead to playing ashes with long 5 tests costing almost 2-3 weeks for me.

How long have you been playing cricket 19 and what are your favorite match types?[DOUBLEPOST=1590606196][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah, I've noticed the leg bye bug a few times when I play.
Exactly as most of the times when a settled batsmen playing with tail you need to take singles on the last ball no matter you hit with bat or body to keep strike, but it goes the other way round!

hamzahassan14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
leg byes don’t count if you run but didn’t play a shot.

there’s no reverse swing, just old ball swing which you get by continuing to shine the ball and conditions in favour. It doesn’t reverse, outswing still goes out
Could it be possible to include reverse swing in the next update? As no matter with whom you bowl, one side of the ball will remain shiny even after 80-90 overs old ball!
So if reverse swing could be somehow introduced will add more fun to bowling!

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Could it be possible to include reverse swing in the next update? As no matter with whom you bowl, one side of the ball will remain shiny even after 80-90 overs old ball!
A
According to Big Ant there is nothing wrong with the ball wear. I must have played like 50 test matches on all game modes and the ball looks new after 80 overs. I think it only works in career mode though. I did in fact found once in career mode that the ball was clearly worn after about 47 overs and when I looked again at about the 52nd over it looked a bit shinier. Maybe it’s not fixable because it would break something else in the game. It doesn’t really bother me anymore and I still play every chance I get.

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain
Well to be honest i wasn't that good in the beginning. I started playing on the easiest difficulty progressing through to hardest currently. I mostly opt to play in gaps with aggressive grounded shots. If i time them correctly my strike rate goes higher but at the same time batsmen stamina decreases sharply compared to play non-aggressive grounded shots. Then i used to play couple of dot overs to regain my stamina and continue the same. It is important to note that on hardest difficulty, the timing window is very narrow. So you need to be very good in judgement and i guess you improve with your hours spent on playing. One thing important here to note that i haven't simulated a single match since i started playing cricket 19. This helps me to improve both my batting and bowling skills. In addition i tend to play most of the shots on leg sides as this reduced the chances of getting edges as a split lapse in timing while playing towards covers will lead to edging to slips or keeper. I often move outside middle and off to time the ball square or fine depending on the length of the ball. In easiest difficulty level i had no issues of playing on the off as well as leg side but this leads to too many edges on higher difficulty levels when you play with horizontal shots on the off side (based on my own batting experience).
In the first few months of this game, i was always playing just T20 matches including tournaments to leagues. In the recent times of current situation where you are forced to stay home, i started to play 50 overs and test games as T20s were getting bored to me as there was nothing new for me. Then i realized that if you try to be aggressive from the word go, you will end up getting edges and mistimed shots. As you progress slowly while increasing your stamina, timing shots improves drastically.
In terms of enjoyment i enjoy playing with fresh mindset meaning that i never play any longer than 1.5-2 hrs in one go and instead save game and continue later. I believe if you play continuously without break you tend to lose focus and concentration. This was exactly reflected in the game i posted above screen shots. I also enjoyed bowling the most 130 overs to AI in the Ashes series. This helped me to place the ball release areas correctly matched with the type of delivery selected. For example if you just select in-swing without moving the release point between 9-11 o clock, the ball will always tend to go from middle towards leg stump, thus reducing the chances of getting LBW or edges. The same applies for out swingers the cursor(release point) need to be b/w 1-3 o clock position.

I am now focusing to unlock the locked achievements that lead to playing ashes with long 5 tests costing almost 2-3 weeks for me.

How long have you been playing cricket 19 and what are your favorite match types?[DOUBLEPOST=1590606196][/DOUBLEPOST]
Exactly as most of the times when a settled batsmen playing with tail you need to take singles on the last ball no matter you hit with bat or body to keep strike, but it goes the other way round!

What AI bowling sliders do you utilise? I have AI bowling on 100% and either Veteran or Legend and find the bowlers bowl far fewer loose deliveries that can be hit to leg.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
I think al bowling is the aspect that needs most improvement even on legend and 100% it can bowl 4 or 5 an over in the same place and the same result not moving the field to block off the shot and when it does get it right with one batsman it doesn't follow it with the other batter.Maybe I misunderstand what legend means if al team is set to legend you shouldn't be able to hit six sixes in an over with the bowler bowling the same delivery yes you can make batting harder but that is not the point. Legend bowling should be just that

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain
I think al bowling is the aspect that needs most improvement even on legend and 100% it can bowl 4 or 5 an over in the same place and the same result not moving the field to block off the shot and when it does get it right with one batsman it doesn't follow it with the other batter.Maybe I misunderstand what legend means if al team is set to legend you shouldn't be able to hit six sixes in an over with the bowler bowling the same delivery yes you can make batting harder but that is not the point. Legend bowling should be just that

For me it is the AI field placing and captaincy that make the real difference. I agree with you. Surely it can't be beyond the scope of the programme to block off an area if more than one boundary is scored, or to take a bowler off if he (or she) is going for too many. Sometimes the AI brings a bowler on that you can just milk for boundaries and the skipper doesn't take them off.

Also, if you need 5/over in the last 10 overs of an ODI, why can't the AI respond to the required scoring rate and cut off the singles? Perhaps set a ring field to force you to hit over the top. It sometimes does this when someone has a score and is in with the tail. the AI will leave gaps and defend the boundary, then set a ring field for the last ball or two balls of the over. Same could be done when a batter is nearing a ton. Subtly put the pressure on.

These are little things and a bit picky, but I think it would elevate what is a very excellent game to a superb one.

hamzahassan14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
What AI bowling sliders do you utilise? I have AI bowling on 100% and either Veteran or Legend and find the bowlers bowl far fewer loose deliveries that can be hit to leg.
Same here i have AI setting to Legend. They bowl very less loose deliveries so i have to adjust my footwork accordingly to play towards onside.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Just had another outfield catch in a test. Think I’m into my 22nd Test and this is the 2nd catch... Dave Lawrence rubbing miles to catch a Jayasuriya skier off Botham, and only just staying inside the boundary.

will post some vid later

This vid is in my England 90s thread and the Gameplay Vid thread

Users who are viewing this thread