Cricket 19 General Discussion

Sirpizza

School Cricketer
Can someone help me or give me tips?I have been trying to get this trophy for months but have now given up, trophy is “Winning in the Rain”, where we have to win a T20 match with rain reduced target. I have completed this trophy at least 10 times, where I tried being defending and offensive team with a reduced target, and won yet the trophy does not appear. I have read many guides to help me with this, and many people are saying wait till in-game till after few overs then rain appears and it worked in ODI for many players. I have done it all, at least 10 more times than originally. I have done with simulating, without simulating, but don’t seem to be getting the trophy. Can someone give me some tip and suggestions please?

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain
Can someone help me or give me tips?I have been trying to get this trophy for months but have now given up, trophy is “Winning in the Rain”, where we have to win a T20 match with rain reduced target. I have completed this trophy at least 10 times, where I tried being defending and offensive team with a reduced target, and won yet the trophy does not appear. I have read many guides to help me with this, and many people are saying wait till in-game till after few overs then rain appears and it worked in ODI for many players. I have done it all, at least 10 more times than originally. I have done with simulating, without simulating, but don’t seem to be getting the trophy. Can someone give me some tip and suggestions please?

I am sorry I can't help you, but I am constantly surprised by what interests people in this game (and more generally I suppose). Part of me wants to say, 'Why does it matter?', but we are all different and I need to respect that, I suppose.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I believe if you switch teams, as i think you said, it cancels trophies or achievements.

Astronot_Yet

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
How do I get AI to edge the ball a bit more? I exclusively only play Tests, and usually in Green/Hard and Overcast conditions. The problem is in an entire innings I get probably 2-3 edges max. Even though I keep bowling swinging balls just outside off stump. Even when there are edges it's a very high chance it just goes to the keeper, making my slips pretty much completely useless.

I want more realism in the game, even if most of the edges go in the gap or drop short, I just want to see some edges, at least with the new ball. I reduced the AI timing thing in the sliders and increased the wicket chance but doesn't look like it makes much difference in terms of edges. The batsmen just get bowled and lbw a lot.

Any suggestions please?

D

Dutch

How do I get AI to edge the ball a bit more? I exclusively only play Tests, and usually in Green/Hard and Overcast conditions. The problem is in an entire innings I get probably 2-3 edges max. Even though I keep bowling swinging balls just outside off stump. Even when there are edges it's a very high chance it just goes to the keeper, making my slips pretty much completely useless.

I want more realism in the game, even if most of the edges go in the gap or drop short, I just want to see some edges, at least with the new ball. I reduced the AI timing thing in the sliders and increased the wicket chance but doesn't look like it makes much difference in terms of edges. The batsmen just get bowled and lbw a lot.

Any suggestions please?
Not sure as I generally have plenty of edges to and through the slips.

defysodslaw

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh

Any suggestions please?

I think bowling too close to the off stump might be the reason why your edges are going exclusively to the keeper. Remember that it's not always the corridor of uncertainty that the AI struggles with--some would slash at wider deliveries, while some would simply block, and even then, you can get an edge. I bowl and field at hardest with AI at legend and timing between 85-95, and slip catches are a regular occurrence in tests. However, I do not see much success with spinners after the first 3 or leg slip, but pacers can get the batsmen sending edges to all the 5 slips. Try coming wide around the wicket and bowling along the 6-9 stump line; it helped me get my first gully catch in a test, but works for slips 4-5 as well. Also, change the pace in 1-2 deliveries per over while maintaining the same line, and you just might get lucky. Finally, if nothing works, try the cross-seam delivery. A batsman who is weak against the drive/cut shot is more prone to these tactics (but others will also fall), so test his patience with some tight bowling-fielding first. Once you dry up the runs, suddenly entice him with an opening to go for the shot. Not sure about actual slip catches, but doing these should get you more than 2-3 edges going to the slip cordon.

Last edited:

Astronot_Yet

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I think bowling too close to the off stump might be the reason why your edges are going exclusively to the keeper. Remember that it's not always the corridor of uncertainty that the AI struggles with--some would slash at wider deliveries, while some would simply block, and even then, you can get an edge. I bowl and field at hardest with AI at legend and timing between 85-95, and slip catches are a regular occurrence in tests. However, I do not see much success with spinners after the first 3 or leg slip, but pacers can get the batsmen sending edges to all the 5 slips. Try coming wide around the wicket and bowling along the 6-9 stump line; it helped me get my first gully catch in a test, but works for slips 4-5. Also, change the pace in 1-2 deliveries per over while maintaining the same line, and you just might get lucky. Finally, if nothing works, try the cross-seam delivery. A batsman who is weak against the drive/cut shot is more prone to these tactics (but others will also fall), so test his patience with some tight bowling-fielding first. Once you dry up the runs, suddenly entice him with an opening to go for the shot. Not sure about actual slip catches, but doing these should get you more than 2-3 edges going to the slip cordon.

These are really good tips! I must admit I was not bowling too wide because the one or two times I have done it AI drives or cuts me very easily for a 4. Going to dangle the carrot now, let them take the risk and see if they edge something or not.

Thanks! :)

D

Dutch

Coming across the batsman is a real good tactic indeed, pushing it across them on a good length.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
These are really good tips! I must admit I was not bowling too wide because the one or two times I have done it AI drives or cuts me very easily for a 4. Going to dangle the carrot now, let them take the risk and see if they edge something or not.

Thanks! :)
Stack the offside field and keep bowling outside off. That's what I do, especially extra cover, the AI is obsessed with driving it through there.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Anyone watching the aus/eng game atm? Pretty sure they're using the cricket 97 crowd sound effects lol. Takes me back.

Ark69

School Cricketer
Hello im new to cricket 19..I play at medium difficulty and have got some tough t20 s with ai scoring above 190 in them..However in the test matches I find batting much easier..I could easily chip the ball in the leg side for boundaries..now should i only increase my batting difficulty for tests because I'm finding the limited over matches quite challenging even at medium ( people playing at hardest are real pros)

Astronot_Yet

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Hello im new to cricket 19..I play at medium difficulty and have got some tough t20 s with ai scoring above 190 in them..However in the test matches I find batting much easier..I could easily chip the ball in the leg side for boundaries..now should i only increase my batting difficulty for tests because I'm finding the limited over matches quite challenging even at medium ( people playing at hardest are real pros)

You can create multiple difficulties and call them whatever you want to.

So I have tests, ODI, T20 etc 3 difficulties that I choose from depending on which format I'm playing

As far as actually increasing the difficulty, I would suggest you to decrease the timing bar, so you'd have to time your shots really well.. Increase edge chances too and decrease the time the ball makers are visible so you'd get less time to judge the line and length of the ball.

Play around with different sliders to your heart's content and see what suits you

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Also depends on perks, if you have any (career mode that is). Some perks like One Day mindset (gold perk) make you play better in one day games compared to first class games etc. So if you're not playing career mode, pay attention to what a player's gold perk is, as they do make a huge difference in terms of skill level. Having said that, once you play enough of the game, it gets pretty easy lol. This is why I just created my own custom difficulties, which does make a difference as well - after about ten hours of trial and error...

Users who are viewing this thread