Cricket 19 General Discussion

Speaking of custom grounds @wasteyouryouth, do you feel like they're a bit bigger than the licensed ones?

I feel like in the Don Bradman additions we were able to play around with rope dimensions which may also contribute to the lack of AI 6's?

I'm thinking of experimenting with upping "shot force" with everything else on default to see what that does.
Yeah, they feel larger and it can make six hitting more difficult to the point of nailing a shot and not getting a six.. You can adjust the boundary rope but as default they feel bigger.

Just a quick little quirk that I found quite interesting from my playing today. In my Test Tournament, I have created a 4 team league (2 to qualify etc) out of Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and Papua New Guinea. After the first two rounds, Starc and Boult have 18 wickets a piece, Australia are 2 from 2, Travis Head has scored 280 runs with two centuries, New Zealand are 1 from 2 (losing to Aus) and Fiji beat PNG by 2 wickets in a thrilling low scoring match.

The quirk is that after watching (simulation) Nathan Lyon produce figures of 3-22 off 16 overs with 7 maidens in the first innings against Fiji at the SCG, in the second innings he was only used for 4 overs and came on as the 5th bowler as Steve Smith came on at first change and took 2-54 off 11 (note I was not playing cam green so it was just the four bowlers).

This became even more intriguing when Australia beat New Zealand in the next game by 321 runs ( a flashback to a horrible series for kiwis in real life).
I was looking out for Australia’s bowling attack and their order and was comfortable seeing normal service had resumed with Garry bowling the majority and Smith chipping in with the wicket of BJ Watling 1-17 off 5.

However, I seemed to have missed who was bowling 3rd and to my surprise first change at the MCG was Marnus who bowled 11 overs for 46 with no wickets. This showed me some interesting things about the game - a. Steve Smith is a highly rated bowler but most importantly b. The worst kept secret you might say but I have started to notice it more, that spinners are bowling more and more overs surprisingly more than the quicks. Even much so that Smith and Hazlewood are tied on 4 wickets - thinking off dropping Hazelwood for Cam Green ...

I hope this is the right thread for this, I found it interesting that the AI tend to go to spin earlier than perhaps normal which I quite like as it was new and something different whilst the rewards were not really reaped which you might expect to be the case if smithy came on in th 10th over of a test match . But when I have played some games without simulating as England versus Netherlands, spin was used very well not overpowered, just right with their combination of 31 overs matching nicely to the 104 overs I batted and they were contained bowling good maidens and building pressure.

So the different uses of spin I have found playing this game and watching some games unfold on different and similar types of wickets and pitches have been intriguing and highlight how the game is very proactive and is entertaining in its ability to surprise and make less common decisions (like Marnus bowling at the Old Trafford 4th test in the ashes in real life and removing Leach) and allow the game to have a smooth yet unpredictable feel.

I feel like I have gone on for a while so in short I have been impressed with the varying uses of spin and all rounders generally spinning all rounders on the game based upon match situation, right hand left hand as well as the pitch and the detirotiation of it. Just shows the game still keeps on giving!

Just a quick little quirk that I found quite interesting from my playing today. In my Test Tournament, I have created a 4 team league (2 to qualify etc) out of Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and Papua New Guinea. After the first two rounds, Starc and Boult have 18 wickets a piece, Australia are 2 from 2, Travis Head has scored 280 runs with two centuries, New Zealand are 1 from 2 (losing to Aus) and Fiji beat PNG by 2 wickets in a thrilling low scoring match.

The quirk is that after watching (simulation) Nathan Lyon produce figures of 3-22 off 16 overs with 7 maidens in the first innings against Fiji at the SCG, in the second innings he was only used for 4 overs and came on as the 5th bowler as Steve Smith came on at first change and took 2-54 off 11 (note I was not playing cam green so it was just the four bowlers).

This became even more intriguing when Australia beat New Zealand in the next game by 321 runs ( a flashback to a horrible series for kiwis in real life).
I was looking out for Australia’s bowling attack and their order and was comfortable seeing normal service had resumed with Garry bowling the majority and Smith chipping in with the wicket of BJ Watling 1-17 off 5.

However, I seemed to have missed who was bowling 3rd and to my surprise first change at the MCG was Marnus who bowled 11 overs for 46 with no wickets. This showed me some interesting things about the game - a. Steve Smith is a highly rated bowler but most importantly b. The worst kept secret you might say but I have started to notice it more, that spinners are bowling more and more overs surprisingly more than the quicks. Even much so that Smith and Hazlewood are tied on 4 wickets - thinking off dropping Hazelwood for Cam Green ...

I hope this is the right thread for this, I found it interesting that the AI tend to go to spin earlier than perhaps normal which I quite like as it was new and something different whilst the rewards were not really reaped which you might expect to be the case if smithy came on in th 10th over of a test match . But when I have played some games without simulating as England versus Netherlands, spin was used very well not overpowered, just right with their combination of 31 overs matching nicely to the 104 overs I batted and they were contained bowling good maidens and building pressure.

So the different uses of spin I have found playing this game and watching some games unfold on different and similar types of wickets and pitches have been intriguing and highlight how the game is very proactive and is entertaining in its ability to surprise and make less common decisions (like Marnus bowling at the Old Trafford 4th test in the ashes in real life and removing Leach) and allow the game to have a smooth yet unpredictable feel.

I feel like I have gone on for a while so in short I have been impressed with the varying uses of spin and all rounders generally spinning all rounders on the game based upon match situation, right hand left hand as well as the pitch and the detirotiation of it. Just shows the game still keeps on giving!
They might bowl more spin on certain pitch types. Although, not always as one might expect. I've had them bring spinners on after 10 overs on grassy pitches and then pitches that I would expect to be spin friendly they leave them for 20 overs.

Certainly from the Lockdown tournament most spinners were vastly overpowered; Labuschagne bowled in about 4 matches and was one of the highest wicket takers. Although it's not completely consistent, Rashid Khan, who is was one of the highest rated spinners, barely took a wicket. We did have some interesting pitches in that tournament though.

It's difficult to know how to actually rate players (part timers; someone like Smith Root as batting all rounders) so that they will be very effective or occasionally effective. I've brought bowlers who I consider to be rated very low and taken tonnes of wickets - mainly, I think, because they are spinners. In a T20 that's not necessarily unrealistic, there's plenty of spinners in T20 whose statistical performance in this format considerably outweighs their record in the longer formats. I think it was David Lloyd this summer who said if he was picking a T20 side he'd definitely want a rubbish leg spinner in the team.

I don't think it's exclusively a Big Ant issue (I've played plenty of sports games where players are inexplicably overrated or underrated) but generally speaking throughout their series of cricket games it's hard to know how a player should be rated to make them play as one would like. Primarily, to see a similar performance to real life. That's why I always say my players are rated for balance. How well that balance plays out is up to the game. The change to the larger blocks has improved things. I think it leads to people rating players to a similar level. 5 out 5 vs 100 out 100 is going to lead to narrower results. I've certainly downloaded some retro players where the ratings are very similar to what mine would be.

I've certainly noticed in simulation more variety than when I play the AI. This might be because my batting is not as good so they don't need to bring on a 5th or 6th bowler unless it's required.

A quirk ive noticed about spinners / part time bowlers in my series vs Pakistan is a bit odd.

I’ve batted in 4 matches/8 innings. In all 4 of my first innings they’ve used their part time spinner as 5th bowler against me.

Twice my 2nd innings has been the 3rd innings of the match - again in both of these they have used the part time spinner as a 5th bowler.

Twice my 2nd innings has been the 4th innings of the match and both times been on late day 4 and day 5. In both of these they have just used the 4 bowlers and not used the part time spinner.

The length of the inns (number of overs bowled) doesn’t seem to effect it.

Put shot force up to 68 from the default 50 today and watched an AI game play out.

Noticed the thick outside edges would carry that little bit further, and particularly the well timed pull were hit quite hard.
It didn't solve the AI 6 problem but it also didn't take out the ability for ring catches.

I recommend giving it a try, especially those who are a bit better at actually playing it then me

I recently switched from PS4 to PC and i have fallen in love with this game, again. The game looks refined, texture and colors truly pop-up on PC version. Or it could just be an illusion. Having said that i am facing couple of issue, mainly with the academy.
  • Team search in academy will not work for me. If i try with just the username, it returns with service not available message after couple of minutes. Next, i refine my search and add team name, it works fine. After following the above steps, if i then search just by username again and keep the query results to 20, it will start working, but at snails pace(I am connected via ethernet, download speed of 100 MBPS plus).
  • While i was working in academy the game has crashed several times. I have not noticed this while playing a match, so this could be specific to academy.
Overall the game runs smoothly on PC, except for academy. Every aspect of this game looks refined and sharp. Any advise?

I recently switched from PS4 to PC and i have fallen in love with this game, again. The game looks refined, texture and colors truly pop-up on PC version. Or it could just be an illusion. Having said that i am facing couple of issue, mainly with the academy.
  • Team search in academy will not work for me. If i try with just the username, it returns with service not available message after couple of minutes. Next, i refine my search and add team name, it works fine. After following the above steps, if i then search just by username again and keep the query results to 20, it will start working, but at snails pace(I am connected via ethernet, download speed of 100 MBPS plus).
  • While i was working in academy the game has crashed several times. I have not noticed this while playing a match, so this could be specific to academy.
Overall the game runs smoothly on PC, except for academy. Every aspect of this game looks refined and sharp. Any advise?
Basically my experience summed up there lol. Academy is a bit sus sometimes. Definitely needs a streamline. And the ability to just download uniforms, for the love of god Big Ant lol.

Sorry to vent here but I think I'm done with this game. I had the realisation. These are all the issues that are ruining it for me: too many run outs, highly rated bowlers bowl shit and part-timers dominate, spinners pick up most of the wickets, openers (even when they're set to conservative) play aggressive and lower order gets 5 off 100 balls, run rate unrealistic, teams don't play to situation at all. When I think of all those issues they were the exact same issues I had when I played cricket games as a kid. So basically over the past 15 years cricket games have not evolved. Then I see Big Ant getting super defensive about it all instead of actually addressing the problems. The sad reality is that over the past couple of years everyone has worked so hard to get realistic rated players and sort the physics out to get a realistic game of cricket. That is not the job of an average Joe sitting at home playing a game, that is the job of the creators. I understand that a game isn't going to be spot on but why is it that every sports game (basketball, football, etc.) has at least developed over a period of time and improved yet cricket games remain disappointing. Very sad and I'm finally at the stage where I'm ready to stop constantly changing the game in the hope of an improvement then be bitterly disappointed. I literally sit there and go, "they'll hit a four this ball" and it happens. It's just completely lost its fun. I think the only solution is for 2K to start doing cricket games (I can only wish).

Unfortunately that is just my opinion and I don't mean to attack, I've just had a gutfull of being so disappointed.

Sorry to vent here but I think I'm done with this game. I had the realisation. These are all the issues that are ruining it for me: too many run outs, highly rated bowlers bowl shit and part-timers dominate, spinners pick up most of the wickets, openers (even when they're set to conservative) play aggressive and lower order gets 5 off 100 balls, run rate unrealistic, teams don't play to situation at all. When I think of all those issues they were the exact same issues I had when I played cricket games as a kid. So basically over the past 15 years cricket games have not evolved. Then I see Big Ant getting super defensive about it all instead of actually addressing the problems. The sad reality is that over the past couple of years everyone has worked so hard to get realistic rated players and sort the physics out to get a realistic game of cricket. That is not the job of an average Joe sitting at home playing a game, that is the job of the creators. I understand that a game isn't going to be spot on but why is it that every sports game (basketball, football, etc.) has at least developed over a period of time and improved yet cricket games remain disappointing. Very sad and I'm finally at the stage where I'm ready to stop constantly changing the game in the hope of an improvement then be bitterly disappointed. I literally sit there and go, "they'll hit a four this ball" and it happens. It's just completely lost its fun. I think the only solution is for 2K to start doing cricket games (I can only wish).

Unfortunately that is just my opinion and I don't mean to attack, I've just had a gutfull of being so disappointed.
...Cool. The fact that you think 2k of all publishers is the "only solution" says a lot as well.

Last edited:
...Cool. The fact that you think 2k of all publishers is the "only solution" says a lot as well.
OMG 2K? hells no ---- microtransactions! you will have to pay per player you download, thats if downloads of cimmunity stuff will remain of course....2K and EA are ruining all sports games period.

OMG 2K? hells no ---- microtransactions! you will have to pay per player you download, thats if downloads of cimmunity stuff will remain of course....2K and EA are ruining all sports games period.
Customisation and community sharing is one thing that I think would quickly go from any big developer/publisher game in this day and age. You want Sachin Tendulkar? Oh no, you can't create him and share him with everyone. But you can pay us $5 to give you a 0.002% chance of getting him. Good luck!

Of course it won't happen until the Indian games market becomes a big enough teet for the games industry to suckle dry.

Customisation and community sharing is one thing that I think would quickly go from any big developer/publisher game in this day and age. You want Sachin Tendulkar? Oh no, you can't create him and share him with everyone. But you can pay us $5 to give you a 0.002% chance of getting him. Good luck!

Of course it won't happen until the Indian games market becomes a big enough teet for the games industry to suckle dry.
From what I know, India is mainly a mobile phone game industry - hence the constant "android release?" comments on youtube. Correct me if I'm wrong on that though. What is on PC, there is a shit ton of piracy as well, seen countless videos of "Indian Gamer" youtubers showing how to get the game for free and access the academy.

Having said this, Raji looks really cool:

Users who are viewing this thread