Cricket 19 General Discussion

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Two questions. Why does a lot of slower balls not register on input?They end up being a normal pace delivery.
Also what else can be changed to make fielders a bit better? I have played 4 One day matches now where 80% of the catches were dropped. I’m playing with wasteyouryourh teams and difficulty posted by Ed Smith’s Basemen.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Two questions. Why does a lot of slower balls not register on input?They end up being a normal pace delivery.
Also what else can be changed to make fielders a bit better? I have played 4 One day matches now where 80% of the catches were dropped. I’m playing with wasteyouryourh teams and difficulty posted by Ed Smith’s Basemen.
Don't think there is anything possible to fix these guys...

20210909193611_1.jpg

Seriously though, I feel catches are just random now, not sure there is anything that can be done outside of maxing their fielding skills.
In terms of slower balls, I select slower ball then L2 which helps further reduce the speed of the ball.

Last edited:

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
This happens way to often.

View attachment 255252

Seriously though, I feel catches are just random now, not sure there is anything that can be done outside of maxing their fielding skills.
In terms of slower balls, I select slower ball then L2 which helps further reduce the speed of the ball.
Thanks for the reply. Do you also get that one or two fielders that have a 5 star rating on field?

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
This happens way to often.

Thanks for the reply. Do you also get that one or two fielders that have a 5 star rating on field?
Don't know unless I go into the academy and look it up. In-game its just overall numbers (not sure if its fielding overall or overall in terms of batting, bowling and fielding)

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Fielding feels random in Cricket 19 and overthrows are a killer. Nearly every game, I get a bunch of 4 overthrows with the fielder from Point or Cover Point shying at the stumps with the ball racing to the boundary. And when you couple it with multiple 4 byes, it adds to quite a significant chunk of total which is essentially freebies.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Fielding feels random in Cricket 19 and overthrows are a killer. Nearly every game, I get a bunch of 4 overthrows with the fielder from Point or Cover Point shying at the stumps with the ball racing to the boundary. And when you couple it with multiple 4 byes, it adds to quite a significant chunk of total which is essentially freebies.
When I’m batting, I welcome overthrows. The other day, one of my batsmen got off the mark with a five!

Played a few ODIs against Ireland recently. Their pacers were generous with byes/five wides.

On that note, recently had some spinners bowl much wider than wides that were given… but these deliveries weren’t. It was almost like they were TOO wide!

Back to overthrows, must admit that when fielding. I occasionally just hold onto the ball now, or at least delay the return.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Playing this game for umpteen hours now. I've given up online gaming as its just a slugfest of yellow balls.

But things I would love to change in the offline mode are below:
1. Wicket kepeer and slips standing up for medium pacers.

2. AI going for little more defensive field if one batsman in particular attacking one region. At the moment I score tons of runs on the off side and AI still keeps 4 fielders on the leg side.

3. Keeper attempting to catch even if the ball goes above his head. Right now if its above his head he doesn't even move.

4. Slips attempting to catch the ball when it's near them. Now I guess unless until its hit at them they won't move.

5. Running between the wickets for batsman based on a running speed than the height. At the moment even if the great Khali (wwe) is a player he will be the fastest than a Kohli or a ABD because he is taller. Shorter players are terrific runners between the wicket but currently in the game its not so.

6. Different batting positions for different formats for every player . Dekock bat's at #6 in t20s and at times 7, same goes for Pant too.

7. AI going for the kill in the last overs of a match. Even when required rate is 20 AI tries to nudge the bowl which is killing the bowling career experience.

Felt these are the basic changes that needs to be incorporated to enjoy the offline game better.

You can sort of achieve number 2 by creating custom fields yourself that cover areas you know you hit to a lot, and set them for the appropriate format and other settings and for the AI to be allowed to use your fields.

The AI can't just move one player, they pick from pre-set fields. They will (i think) try to pick fields that protect areas you keep hitting, but if there's no field that covers it they can't do anything about it.

RAVI99

Club Captain
Are the leaderboards working online I won more than 50 games online but the ranking, points, runs, wickets are same it's not updating.

RAVI99

Club Captain

View attachment 255252

If skills are maxed or you give catching perks also still catch drops are random mainly loopy catches they will drop.
According to the feilding standards in real cricket in 2021 drop catches needs a fix easy loopy catches are missed really irritating.

Gayan

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Would like to see the following improved:

1. Improved responsiveness of inner ring fielders backing up coinciding with toning down of both the keeper and bowler's aggressiveness backing up.

Both the keeper and bowler are abit too aggressive backing up leading to some Unrealistic one handed stops /dives on the run. If the keeper or bowler cannot back up conventionally they should be letting the ball go to the inner ring fielder backing up.

Issue with the inner ring fielders backing up is that they react to the fielder picking up the ball and not to the shot off the bat. The fielders backing up are not in sync with the live action. Often when an over throw goes rocketing to the fence on the replay ud still see the fielder that should've been backing up still running into position to back up.

Would like to see inner ring fielders start moving as soon as the ball is hit by the batsmen. If it's hit to the offside, inner ring fielders on the leg side should immediately start moving into position in anticipation and vice versa for the leg side. They shouldn't only start moving as the fielder is about to pick up the ball to throw.

2. Inner ring fielders more aggressively attacking the ball: would like to see in particular 80 plus rated fielders attack the ball more in the circle whilst the lower rated fielders sit back more.

3. Bounce throw variation when throwing in the blue. When not going for a direct hit would like to see a Bounce throw variation, instead of the bowler always getting flat throws on the full. Could be random, the occasional throw in the blue being a bounce throw.

4. More Slip catches

5. Leg side shots particularly the leg glace is very under powered particularly behind square, always looks like a miss hit. Horizontal bat shots by their nature are more powerful shots. Feels abit nerfed and takes away the power hitting aspect of limited overs.

6. Tone down the power of the ramp cut the Ai loves to play against spin from on the stumps it should be more like a touch shot: the power generated by the shot is abit Unrealistic as your using the pace of the spinner's delivery and you aren't really freeing your arms at the ball.

7. Tone down Ai inner ring fielder throwing : Ai inner fielders are too trigger happy particularly the close fielders who try to mow down the stumps everytime u hit run. Ai fielders particularly the close fielders should wait abit more to see if the batsmen commit to a run before throwing as the throw would still beat the batsmen running.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread