gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Considering BA have a license with CA and the ECB as well as the Australia Men's & Women's and the England Men's & Women's teams being licensed in Cricket 19 I hope (as well as a lot of other people) to see the Australian and English Domestic Teams being licensed too along with the BBL which would seem relevant to carry over those teams from the recent Big Bash Boom. It wouldn't surprise me if these leagues/teams are licensed as you think they would but I guess we'll wait and see in two months time or when the game gets closer to release. Looks promising with some of the hints given by Ross on Twitter though.

waraa

County Cricketer
^^ Yeah and having BBL teams would sync with the idea of retaining all the Australian venues, which Ross hinted at. Heck, I'd love to see Geelong, Gold Coast, Sydney Showground, Marvel Stadium, the lot.

Gurjot95

National Board President
Great time to move to Australia I guess, that too in Melbourne. Just landed here 3 weeks ago. Hopefully I can go for public showcase.

off topic: btw, idk if its the case only with this city but people here are too polite in my experience. Had great experience meeting new people at gamers bar yesterday night. xD

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I feel beta should be available on ps4 too
Not beta may be demo version with 1 ODI or T20. It would be great, many games even PES and FIFA released their demo game ahead of the release.

if BA is confident of the product (it is much better version than Ashes) worth the price tag attached, a demo game on the console/Steam is not a bad option. It can attract many potential buyers who are skeptical about the game (after DBC17 and Ashes) who are thinking of wait and buy approach. What say @MattW ?

Last edited:

PristineR

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Really excited since the announcement. Just wondering if the ground announcers will still be the same as in Ashes Cricket 17?

The reason I ask so is because I was one of them.. :)

Kass D

County Cricketer
Will animations such as batting styles. How cool will it be if there is like 8 styles to choose from. And same for the bowling actions

Mondy

Club Captain
If we’re going to have more animations, one where the batsmen reacts after being hit on the body by the ball would be nice.

What would also be nice are field settings that (a) suit the match that’s being played and (b) stick from over to over.

Oh, and stats. Lots and lots of onscreen, in-game stats.

flake

County Cricketer
I’m honestly suprised more people aren’t discussing the PlayFace tool. I’m super hyped about it. There’s so many skilled guys who worked and still do faces on Cricket 07, and I really hope they make the same effort for this game, too !

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Just to generally field some questions -

- Fielding has been a very high priority for improvements, especially in terms of reactions, throwing and movement, and there's lots of new mocap there and across the game. You would have seen some of the new wicketkeeper movements in the screenshots so far.
- There's been work on improving cameras, I personally use a newly added camera as the one I use for the 'Fielding Camera'.
- I can't give any details on an academy release, or PC System Requirements, or the supported features/resolutions/frame rates on console at this stage.

They demonstrated a really good broadcast camera in their previous demos but didn't put it in the final product. It was a huge disappointment.
I'm sure I've addressed this in the past, but there was no different broadcast camera in the ground training - it was simply the normal broadcast camera from the game, but acted differently because there was a bowling machine rather than a bowler - so the camera was fixed before the machine released the ball. There were 'Fixed' cameras added to Ashes to try and emulate that while having an actual bowler.

@Matt Kindly do not add sliders in Cricket 19 .. Everything Should default looks fine ..
We have sliders in the game because there are not defaults that can suit everyone. Without discussing specifics - I think you will be increasingly disappointed if you want no sliders.

Just wondering if the ground announcers will still be the same as in Ashes Cricket 17?
Yes.

Also having looked back at the Academy forums for AC. We really could do with allowing Stumps and boundary ropes to be edited this time around, just to add that extra piece of authenticity to the stuff already created. One for @MattW to either confirm, deny or say nothing?
Can I acknowledge and note the request in a way that means no one takes any inference on my answer? If not, I'll go with 'say nothing'.

Users who are viewing this thread