gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The ground PA sounds like a young child. Very weird. I suppose you can normally choose the ground announcer though.
The ground announcer sounds like a woman in the stream shown, so that could be the reason why you think the voice sounds a bit like a young child.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
I was expecting ur comment

On same thread See my first two three post about the game and thats enough for u

@Snowy i hv tagged u in my posts where I mentioned game positives ... plz read those and also waiting your comment on those as well

I was hoping for something more specific than 'rest of game is good'

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Why are the forum members here obliged to say something positive at nearly all times about this game? I don’t see anything wrong with @mani82ua’s comments here, especially given how constructive he has been with his feedback. And he’s pretty much said how the game is far better compared to Ashes and should be worth buying. What else is he supposed to say?

On a similar note, plenty of users who have posted negative feedback get told that this isn’t the final release version, there’s a day 1 patch, blah blah blah. But the ones who’ve posted positive feedback? None of the staff members are seen there reminding them that this not the final game, there’s still a day 1 patch etc which sounds awfully biased.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Why are the forum members here obliged to say something positive at nearly all times about this game? I don’t see anything wrong with @mani82ua’s comments here, especially given how constructive he has been with his feedback. And he’s pretty much said how the game is far better compared to Ashes and should be worth buying. What else is he supposed to say?

On a similar note, plenty of users who have posted negative feedback get told that this isn’t the final release version, there’s a day 1 patch, blah blah blah. But the ones who’ve posted positive feedback? None of the staff members are seen there reminding them that this not the final game, there’s still a day 1 patch etc which sounds awfully biased.

Well that's your own confirmation bias. At no point did I say there was anything wrong with his posts pointing out his perceived issues with the game - I was legitimately asking what his perceived positives about the game are. I haven't played the game - I don't think there is anything wrong with asking what is specifically good about it, especially from someone who is clearly more than willing to list every negative they come across

I think there is a very clear distinction between discussing positive elements of the game pre-patch (as they're not likely to be changed as a result of a day 1 patch...ya know...because they're good things?), as opposed to bugs or negative pre-patch (with a genuine possibility of changing come the official release). I've even said complain as much as you want once the game is officially release.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Well that's your own confirmation bias. At no point did I say there was anything wrong with his posts pointing out his perceived issues with the game - I was legitimately asking what his perceived positives about the game are

Fair enough then. :thumbs

“Do you have a single positive thing to share?” doesn’t really sound like a genuine inquiry into his perceived positives about the game though especially when he’s already praised the AI for it’s field placements and approach to the game (which is one of the headline features if I’m correct) and how the game feels a lot more difficult right now. And given that the user took offense to your inquiry too, I’m starting to doubt the legitimacy of it just being my confirmation bias...

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Fair enough then. :thumbs

“Do you have a single positive thing to share?” doesn’t really sound like a genuine inquiry into his perceived positives about the game though especially when he’s already praised the AI for it’s field placements and approach to the game (which is one of the headline features if I’m correct) and how the game feels a lot more difficult right now. And given that the user took offense to your inquiry too, I’m starting to doubt the legitimacy of it just being my confirmation bias...

Perhaps I should have said 'specific' instead of single.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
A good stream.. Phew.. I thought the game only had five over cricket.

Connoisseurs among you will have picked up on the Oval having lots of cut wickets in real life, almost extending the width of the whole field, which is in game. Impressive detail.

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
The first scenerio mood is saw is hav to get 101 from 30 balls

Gurjot95

National Board President
I know in one of videos they said, they increased the LED glow and brightness when stumps break so I would assume its present in final version too. But I would prefer if there is an option to reduce luminosity or at least disable as right now, it looks unrealistic right now as seeing orange light sabers when I'm getting bowled is not a pleasant sight.

glow.png

Chevo

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
The first scenerio mood is saw is hav to get 101 from 30 balls

I thought the pre-match screen said to take 5 wickets, then he changed to the batting side after a couple of balls.

Chevo

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Another thing which looks unrealistic and game breaking from above pic is "England winning by 160 runs".
Game breaking is a bit harsh.. what don’t you like about it?

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Few more observations to be check with day1 patch

- in cricket academy while creating stadium, there is no gates to increase option for pavilion and stadium

- shot replacement option is not working as keeping it off or on, in both cases its true. At moment it cant be disabled

- AI fielder chase the ball and keep running till boundary from half of ground where as he can stop the ball by sliding but he keeps running in parallel (very less frequency i.e twice till date)

- fielder backing up doing same arms or body action most of time as he picks the ball where as ball already took by keeper or running end bowler/fielder

Are you saying that whatever shot you attempt to play, the computer automatically overides and makes you play the correct shot well?

I’m confused. What’s the point of playing the game if that’s the case?

Users who are viewing this thread