Cricket 19 General Discussion

Davmax08

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Has anyone encountered this situation, where if you move the wicket keeper and slip fielder up, the game does not resume at all. The umpire holds the game, as if he is waiting for fielders to assume positions, when in fact the player have already moved to their new positions. Only option is to simulate the innings/over.

Yes, this has happened to me every time today, since the new patch (World Championship ,mode O.D.I )

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Ah ok. Is it possible to map the shot to RS (i.e. regular shot) without using R1 as using controls other than RS don't feel intuitive and leads to pre-meditation.

No idea not tried.. don’t think so. Could always ask[DOUBLEPOST=1559402692][/DOUBLEPOST]
Or bring the slips closer up.

Or accept that shit happens in the game and stop shingling! Shingling = whinging dunno how that happened

hadz2567

Club Captain
Woah!! Now this is a nice little touch to career mode

Attachments

• 5DCF02C8-6B3D-4BD8-8A5D-A3F6AE7BED45.jpeg
    5DCF02C8-6B3D-4BD8-8A5D-A3F6AE7BED45.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 99
Reactions: DAP

angad

Chairman of Consent
Ah ok. Is it possible to map the shot to RS (i.e. regular shot) without using R1 as using controls other than RS don't feel intuitive and leads to pre-meditation.

I personally feel the controls are very well captured, except the defense shot (will talk about this towards the end).

Cricket as a game generally involves a lot of premeditation, whether its batting or bowling, though the premeditation is not limited to a single shot (or delivery) per se, but a set of two/three alternate plans with a backup option. E.g. almost every single international batsmen, if you talk to them or even listen to their interviews, will tell you that they premeditate what the bowling team is upto and thus decipher what the bowler is going to bowl next (listen to Kohli's statement about Rashid Khan when the captains were interviewed together just before the WC. He talked about how it was only in this edition of the IPL, While sitting in the dressing room he was able to predict 11 of the 12 balls he bowled, after 3 years of playing him in the IPL. That shows that batsmen work on these things which shows that they need to work on them because it's impossible to score consistently in cricket if you are not able to predict the bowling).

The batsmen thus target some areas of the field on the basis of their prediction of where the bowler is going to bowl next.

However, if the ball is not bowled where they expect it to, they still have a plan B and maybe a plan C in place which mostly involves them adjusting their shot on the basis of what is bowled to them, and this is where I feel the current defence shot controls need to be 'expanded' a bit, to allow you to stop your shot and turn it into a defensive one (this is what the commentators refer to as 'checking the shot'), which is such a key element of the game of cricket. This is the plan B or C that the batsmen have incase the ball does not land where they expected it to.

After playing the last game, I had posted an idea on these forums (and also sent it as a PM to Ross, Mikey and MattW) that it would be great if we could stop the RS while moving it forward (using the legacy controls for playing a shot. The new controls are....well not for me), before it crosses the center point of the axis, the shot should be registered as a defense by the game (and maybe later it can be further enhanced to make the ball chip up in the air if we played the shot too early or stopped it marginally after the center point of the axis).

Leaving the ball in this game already caters to this as you can press the RS at the last second to leave the ball even if that wasn't your plan A (so you didn't premeditate it but adjusted on the basis of the ball bowled to you). However there is no such option to adjust your shot to a defensive one as for this you need to press a trigger on the controller and thus is not intuitive.

Maybe BigAnt can change the controls to pressing L3 for leaving the delivery and pressing R3 for defensive shot, if it's not possible to implement what I suggested earlier.

Last edited:

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I personally feel the controls are very well captured, except the defense shot (will talk about this towards the end).

Cricket as a game generally involves a lot of premeditation, whether its batting or bowling, though the premeditation is not limited to a single shot (or delivery) per se, but a set of two/three alternate plans with a backup option. E.g. almost every single international batsmen, if you talk to them or even listen to their interviews, will tell you that they premeditate what the bowling team is upto and thus decipher what the bowler is going to bowl next (listen to Kohli's statement about Rashid Khan when the captains were interviewed together just before the WC. He talked about how it was only in this edition of the IPL, While sitting in the dressing room he was able to predict 11 of the 12 balls he bowled, after 3 years of playing him in the IPL. That shows that batsmen work on these things which shows that they need to work on them because it's impossible to score consistently in cricket if you are not able to predict the bowling).

The batsmen thus target some areas of the field on the basis of their prediction of where the bowler is going to bowl next.

However, if the ball is not bowled where they expect it to, they still have a plan B and maybe a plan C in place which mostly involves them adjusting their shot on the basis of what is bowled to them, and this is where I feel the current defence shot controls need to be 'expanded' a bit, to allow you to stop your shot and turn it into a defensive one (this is what the commentators refer to as 'checking the shot'), which is such a key element of the game of cricket. This is the plan B or C that the batsmen have incase the ball does not land where they expected it to.

After playing the last game, I had posted an idea on these forums (and also sent it as a PM to Ross, Mikey and MattW) that it would be great if we could stop the RS while moving it forward (using the legacy controls for playing a shot. The new controls are for pussies), before it crosses the center point of the axis, the shot should be registered as a defense by the game (and maybe later it can be further enhanced to make the ball chip up in the air if we played the shot too early or stopped it marginally after the center point of the axis).

Leaving the ball in this game already caters to this as you can press the RS at the last second to leave the ball even if that wasn't your plan A (so you didn't premeditate it but adjusted on the basis of the ball bowled to you). However there is no such option to adjust your shot to a defensive one as for this you need to press a trigger on the controller and thus is not intuitive.

I enjoyed reading that until the “new controls are for pussies” bit.

There’s probably 100’s of kids who need that new control system to enjoy the game.

angad

Chairman of Consent
I enjoyed reading that until the “new controls are for pussies” bit.

There’s probably 100’s of kids who need that new control system to enjoy the game.

I agree....have changed it...my bad...shouldn't have written that even though it was more out of humour (bad taste...I agree) rather than making fun of anyone

Users who are viewing this thread