Cricket 19 General Discussion

Nix71289

Club Captain
The field placements by ai even at legend modes are not good at all! They have predominantly 4 fielders behind the keeper together on off side and keg side! But if you see my wagon wheel 99% of runs would be scored infront of the wicket!!

In limited over matches even when the required run rate is12.. and batsman are playing well after power plays the ai keeps only two fielders outside the circle!! And keeps changing the field for literally every ball!!

The left arm spinners and seamers bowl to right handers on the leg stump line without much fielders in the leg side!! Some of these decisions are baffling!

Please BA.. the game is great but if these things are sorted out then it would be more challenging to play!!

chaman82

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
The field placements by ai even at legend modes are not good at all! They have predominantly 4 fielders behind the keeper together on off side and keg side! But if you see my wagon wheel 99% of runs would be scored infront of the wicket!!

In limited over matches even when the required run rate is12.. and batsman are playing well after power plays the ai keeps only two fielders outside the circle!! And keeps changing the field for literally every ball!!

The left arm spinners and seamers bowl to right handers on the leg stump line without much fielders in the leg side!! Some of these decisions are baffling!

Please BA.. the game is great but if these things are sorted out then it would be more challenging to play!!

Have u tried Ur own preset fields? There's and option for that in field settings menu.

The fielder always comes in front of the wkt and prevents the direct hit. Big issue.

azkhan

Associate Captain
@Mohammed Sherry have you had this issue when your bowling? A message pops up saying invalid field placement and then the field seems to revert to the default map? I know the map I am using is not wrong as I only have 2 people outside the circle. It seems to happen on and off and I noticed it more when I load a game. I did ask before but got no reply so sorry if I am tagging you just I know you have played your fair share of games. I might note the issue in the bugs thread.

Thanks.

Kass D

County Cricketer
Such an option already exists when designing Fields (whether or not to let AI use the custom field you are creating). Though I have not confirmed if it works or not.
Yes and AI does use the fields as well. But the problem is it uses power play feilds which only has 2 outside filders.

Maybe AI needs to differentiate between first PP and the last PP

D

Deleted member 185125

@Mohammed Sherry have you had this issue when your bowling? A message pops up saying invalid field placement and then the field seems to revert to the default map? I know the map I am using is not wrong as I only have 2 people outside the circle. It seems to happen on and off and I noticed it more when I load a game. I did ask before but got no reply so sorry if I am tagging you just I know you have played your fair share of games. I might note the issue in the bugs thread.

Thanks.
Not happened to me. I don't use preset fields either.

AnkitC

International Coach
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yes and AI does use the fields as well. But the problem is it uses power play feilds which only has 2 outside filders.

Maybe AI needs to differentiate between first PP and the last PP

AI generally does that against newly arrived batsmen. And stick to it for a number of deliveries until the batsmen becomes relatively set or hits a few boundaries.

It seems like a ploy to go aggressive against new batsmen but AI's aggressiveness in this case needs to be toned down. Maybe bring in one more catcher. But that should be it.

D

Deleted member 185125

Finished Batting 50 overs on the new patch.

Observations:

AI did not bowl even one front foot no ball and bowled better lines even around the wicket.

No super human wicket keeper catches in the whole match ( fingers crossed, hopes it's not just a one match wonder). Keeper still does ball watching when the ball is thrown, sometimes resulting in overthrow but most of the time someone is backing up.

Too many drop catches.( Had almost 8 to 10). Only one looked good the remaining ones is better not spoken about.

Singles are available at will. Inner ring fielders are slow in reacting and bowlers/keepers doesn't take the bails off even after gathering a throw.Throws are still floaty, but didn't see any high loopy ones.

Outfielders seems to be decent but the throws can be quicker.

Leg side lofted shot animation does need to be added. Everything is just a clip to the leg at the moment and even travels 90 Meters.

Managed to play a lofted upper cut to a spinner, but does not trigger the same animation while facing Pacers. Looks like it is only mapped to spinners.

Aggressive grounded shots seems to have issues. It triggers lofted shots instead. Same happens with grounded advanced shots.

The glow effect seem to back but noticed it on white objects than any other colour.

Hitting lofted straight seems to be way more Difficult than cross the line or over covers. Not really sure if it's my timing and the gameplay balance.

I will try and post a video by tomorrow of the chase highlights.

As promised, the video of the chase highlights.

Last edited by a moderator:

las_faiz

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Quite a few times the button never comes up to press for outfield catches. The screen cuts to first person view and you see the ball travelling towards you but nothing comes up. No prompt for left stick movement or button. The fielder just drops the catch. Even if well inside the rope.

This happened to me as well on PS4 pro even after patches. The prompts sometime use to come off the screen on far left where I could not even see it.

Played around with the skills in Academy and increased fielding skills and perks. Now working for me most of the time

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'm finding bowling with pace bowlers extremely easy in this game, majority of my wickets are bowled from slow ball yorkers or standard full length deliveries, the AI always seem to misjudge those sort of deliveries often. Although bowling with spin is a different story, even in a test my spinners are getting taken to and not really picking up any wickets, of course if the keeper didn't drop almost every edge that went to him off the spinners it would help.

Batting wise I find pacers easier to face as I always have, I can score easily off of them but most of my dismissals fall at the hands of pace bowlers anyway. The spinners I don't really get out to much but I can't score off them either, I find they don't get given a lot of overs by the AI either, especially in limited overs games they don't usually come on till later which is annoying for me because I get out trying to slog them at the death, damn spinners!

Overall really enjoying this game, only a few issues here and there. Much better than the previous BA cricket games though, best game yet!

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Thank you. I understand your position. The problem, however, was not an expectation of a boundary. Rather, it was the differential outcome between the two kinds of shots. The output for shots down the ground are incredibly underpowered when compared to square of the wicket. The issue was of consistency. It would be better if they were all over or under powered. That way sliders could be tinkered. Now, adjusting the sliders either way means you affect the other when it doesn't need it. Hope that makes sense.

Also, I'm hoping they bring in some more leg side shots, especially power hits. I mentioned this earlier but I haven't been able to trigger anything but a sort of flick when playing powered shots down the ground on the leg side. Admittedly, I haven't played that long. So if someone has seen other shots please let us know.

Totally agree with you on the varying level of power for various shots. In this iteration square drives fly to the boundary. In earlier iterations of the game leg glances/flicks used to race to the boundary while others didn't. It would be great that for a particular timing, all the shots (in every direction) traveled with the same speed and the same distance. That way, as you mention, it would be easier to tweak the sliders for a better gameplay experience. Right now if you tweak the slider, the square drives will get even more over-powered. Ideally a well timed shot should act the same way no matter which direction the ball is traveling.

tarrantino

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
I’m still having a problem having teams hit out at me. (Sounds odd I know) but I’m now 25 overs into bowling at Afghanistan with classic controls and they’re 93-5. Run Rate of 3.80!

I have the AI at legend and Striker Timing at 60, Wicket Chance 50, and Run Rate 80.

I’ve set my bowling at hard and knocked 10 off each one as I want a little leeway for errors.

Is it because it’s Afghan? I skittled West Indies for 256, I did win by a wicket though so ended tight.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on sliders and just having a close match at times?

Users who are viewing this thread