Cricket 19 General Discussion

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Having watched a lot of AI v AI matches in the last few days. I wonder if the dancing down is somewhat determined by field settings.

Both from AI v AI and my own playing experience; they frequently play fancy cut shots into gaps behind square or pulls around to a long leg gap. When I've bowled the AI will frequently find a gap and the shots do not always seem realistic (e.g. Reverse sweep /switch hits through a deep extra cover gap).

Be interested to know what fields people have when it happens.

The bug is spreading..

WizardOfOz

Club Cricketer
@Langeveldt @wasteyouryouth do you know what custom settings/sliders affect the AI hitting 6s? I've so far come across lots of one bounce fours on small grounds, but weirdly, very very few sixes by aggressive batsmen.

I've tried quite a few different things without luck. Would like to get the 'experts' opinions on this :)

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
@Langeveldt @wasteyouryouth do you know what custom settings/sliders affect the AI hitting 6s? I've so far come across lots of one bounce fours on small grounds, but weirdly, very very few sixes by aggressive batsmen.

I've tried quite a few different things without luck. Would like to get the 'experts' opinions on this :)
The only sliders I would think have any impact are run rate and striking timing or whatever it's called.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors

I think it's more linked to player skill than mentality as to whether they clear the rope..

Ball bounce is important, as is the speed of the bowling..

WizardOfOz

Club Cricketer
Can anyone kindly point me in the direction of where I can find a list of what the different pitch options do and/or how they are meant to affect the gameplay? Also, is there some information about the differences of the various player traits, i.e. brute, aggressive etc.

bumping this in case anyone can help

Prathmesh30

School Cricketer
Can anyone help me please
I am finding difficult to download english county teams, their jerseys, logos are not appearing after many tries.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
if you have too many logos they don't download bit of a pain really as you don't know which to delete from the logos and its not easy to do 10 or 20 at a time you then have to re-download them when there is space.

GaxGards

School Cricketer
I have it on in the background while I work. I have to type an awful lot and I like something to focus on.

Cricket 19 very much doesn't work perfectly in this regard, but it provides me with something to look at.

I use software called Cricket Statz from an Australian Company called Red Axe or something, give it a Google.

I do not play test matches as there is an absolute lack of ring and outfield catches, which is gamebreaking to me. Despite evidence of some of these going on, I don't think I have ever seen one in C19, not for numerous builds anyway.

I sim ODIs and a custom 100 over a side format. I have a log table on Excel where currently nearly every side has played about four games. I might do a world cup later this year.

Pro difficulty, bounce 30, bowling speeds 60 and 70, striker timing 40.

Here is a breakdown of stats from all the players. I think it's a pretty good setup. The only real annoyance I have are the excessive runouts (I save scum if I see it happen), and the fact that tailenders can slog the ball too easily in the death overs.

I use Wasteyouryouth's teams and lightly re-skill them to fit what I think goes best. There is a lot of interpretation.

I've in the past bowled as both teams occasionally too, to play the game yet eliminate bias. I just don't find batting satisfying because there is too fine a line to being able to dominante totally and edging every ball to the keeper off the spinner, I just don't have the time to sit and play all these series that I want to.

Attached are stats from all the players in all formats. (I used to play tests before I worked out the lack of ring and outfield catches).
Thanks mate. Of all the cricket games I've played, Cricket 19 so far appears to be the best for simulation. I thought one of the main dudes who worked on the game said that easy difficulty was catered more for arcade, whereas legend was more for simulation.

The stats you've got seem fairly realistic. Though the economy rates are a bit high. I've been playing with wasteyouryouth teams as they seem to be extremely realistic in terms of rating. Every other team and player seems way too unrealistic. I found a team where Greg Blewett was 87 and Steve Waugh was 68 at batting.

I've had striker timing on 33, run rate on 38, wicket chance on 30, bounce on 40 and shot force on 33. It appears that the AI hits so many 3s and 2s and do not look for singles at all. But I suppose it doesn't matter too much because the stats appear to be quite realistic. Still very frustrating with the run outs. I tend to exit the game if there's a runout and recommence. I'm going to create some players and do some spectator games starting at last year's Ashes.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Thanks mate. Of all the cricket games I've played, Cricket 19 so far appears to be the best for simulation. I thought one of the main dudes who worked on the game said that easy difficulty was catered more for arcade, whereas legend was more for simulation.

The stats you've got seem fairly realistic. Though the economy rates are a bit high. I've been playing with wasteyouryouth teams as they seem to be extremely realistic in terms of rating. Every other team and player seems way too unrealistic. I found a team where Greg Blewett was 87 and Steve Waugh was 68 at batting.

I've had striker timing on 33, run rate on 38, wicket chance on 30, bounce on 40 and shot force on 33. It appears that the AI hits so many 3s and 2s and do not look for singles at all. But I suppose it doesn't matter too much because the stats appear to be quite realistic. Still very frustrating with the run outs. I tend to exit the game if there's a runout and recommence. I'm going to create some players and do some spectator games starting at last year's Ashes.

Generally the way to go is to get @wasteyouryouth 's teams and dial everything back a little. The skills, the bounce, the things that overpower the game, and maybe raise bowling speed a tad. Then AI vs AI should take place on difficult wickets in my opinion.

It's a personal thing though. I've got to where I want to be pretty much, but I don't play test matches.

Then you bat and bowl and it is a whole different ball game. I see the game as more of a sandbox that you can get your own experience of, which is great. I think the ring catch issue and lack of running down the wicket, and too many tailender sixes at the end of an ODI need to be sorted, but there's a lot to enjoy still, whatever you do.

I just simmed an ODI series in Zimbabwe where they beat New Zealand 3-2.. Freaking out a bit that it was unrealistic I remembered that these things often happen in cricket, and NZ have just slaughtered Sri Lanka on a more helpful home wicket, so things average out into a nice narrative in the end.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just had my first instance of someone retiring hurt midway through an innings. Very nice. No so much for Jason Roy but good to see it's there.
It is quite realistic, also for the reason that this did actually happen in CWC19.

Users who are viewing this thread