Cricket 19 Nintendo switch.

duberryboy1

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Guys please avoid - the game is horrific. The resolution undocked is awful, can’t tell for sure but feels sub 640, load times are horrible, the textures are embarrassing, full of bugs and the animations are broken. Please don’t waste your money as I just have!
This is truly depressing if true smh.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Guys please avoid - the game is horrific. The resolution undocked is awful, can’t tell for sure but feels sub 640, load times are horrible, the textures are embarrassing, full of bugs and the animations are broken. Please don’t waste your money as I just have!

Completely disagree. The game obviously takes a hit on the Switch, as it isn't as powerful as a console.

I've spent my morning playing the game in handheld mode and although the loading times are a little rough right now, I've really enjoyed playing the game. At times it does suffer a little, especially in the cut scenes.

Couple of things I'd like to see improved in the future would be;

• The ball needs to be really well highlighted when it's rolling in the field. Very difficult to time runs right now in handheld mode without using the mini-map.
  • Loading times are a little long, but it's to be expected when it's a full bloodied game. I'd like to see these reduce a little however.
  • Community creations are great, but I'd love to see a better search option. I've been updating English and Australian domestic teams and because I can't just search those teams (I don't think) it's time-consuming going through all of the historic, best of and made up teams.
Overall, if you're interested in getting this game on the Switch, do so. It's incredible to have a cricket game in the palm of my hands. It isn't perfect, but from my experience that's what we're getting with the Switch currently. There's always little trade-offs for first generation tech.

Solid 7.5/10 for me.

D

Dutch

Completely disagree. The game obviously takes a hit on the Switch, as it isn't as powerful as a console.

I've spent my morning playing the game in handheld mode and although the loading times are a little rough right now, I've really enjoyed playing the game. At times it does suffer a little, especially in the cut scenes.

• The ball needs to be really well highlighted when it's rolling in the field. Very difficult to time runs right now in handheld mode without using the mini-map.
  • Loading times are a little long, but it's to be expected when it's a full bloodied game. I'd like to see these reduce a little however.
  • Community creations are great, but I'd love to see a better search option. I've been updating English and Australian domestic teams and because I can't just search those teams (I don't think) it's time-consuming going through all of the historic, best of and made up teams.
Overall, if you're interested in getting this game on the Switch, do so. It's incredible to have a cricket game in the palm of my hands. It isn't perfect, but from my experience that's what we're getting with the Switch currently. There's always little trade-offs for first generation tech.

Solid 7.5/10 for me.
Flip me! It's Simbazz!!

Reactions: DAP

pinku

Club Captain

Solid 7.5/10 for me.

Awesome review

Vampes

School Cricketer

Solid 7.5/10 for me.

This is the bane of being a multi console owner... do I go for the all singing XBOX-X version (which is well documented on youtube) and occasionally play on the sofa when i get a chance or go for the compromised switch version (where in game footage has been suspiciously absent from all marketing) but with the opportunity to play regularly in small chunks on the go in portable mode? I'm well aware of the compromises needed for the switch and am pretty tolerant of low resolutions (in portable mode anyway) but frame rate drops and long loading times are more problematic...

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Two drastically different reviews here, going with the positive one with facts to back up!

sandpapergate

School Cricketer

Solid 7.5/10 for me.

Hey man awesome to hear! Could you please post some screenshots or potentially a gameplay video on the switch? Keen to see it!

D

Dutch

Can't complain, hope you're well too!
I cant complain either but of course I will! Fine mate, absolutely fine. Really looking forward to a massive summer of cricket! My Summer holidays start on 1st of August....noice!

Reactions: DAP

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Hey man awesome to hear! Could you please post some screenshots or potentially a gameplay video on the switch? Keen to see it!

I'll give it a try, I need to grow a third hand but if I manage it, then sure.

I cant complain either but of course I will! Fine mate, absolutely fine. Really looking forward to a massive summer of cricket! My Summer holidays start on 1st of August....noice!

July 22nd for me! Ah the life of a teacher. Can't wait for Thursday now though, very rarely get to watch the stuff played throughout the day these days.

Vampes

School Cricketer
It does? That makes things way easier. Give me a while to figure this stuff out and I'll see if I can post some.
Square button on the left joycon below the direction buttons - single press for screenshot, long press for 30 seconds video clip (If the game supports it). Media saved to the sd card.

Users who are viewing this thread