Cricket 19 Nintendo switch.

Mpbiggz

School Cricketer
Good evening all,

Please accept my apologies if I am being dumb, but as my first time.buying a cricket game, I think on switch it is amazing. But I seem to have my career home ground playing for Hereford as Columbo on a dusty pitch and hot weather every game. Can this be changed? I know the pitch type can be but can the ground?

Also was struggling to link the teams I had downloaded. Thank for any help.

Reactions: DAP

plodder

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Very tempted by this now even though I have it on the ps4. Most of my ps4 games go unplayed because I never want to make the commitment of switching the ps4 on and doing nothing else. How much of a show stopper are the loading times and remaining bugs?

FaWaD

Club Cricketer
Should I buy Cricket 19 on the Switch for AUD$79? Or wait for a sale? That’s currently the cheapest price.
I was in the same boat and ended up buying it for the same price. I already have Ashes game on PS4 so don’t think I want another one for the console. Now I can play career on the go. It may not be the best version but is probably be the most I will play.

Gameplay wise, there’s no difference between the versions. Just go and get it. You’ll love it, even when in the bathroom . Haha

FaWaD

Club Cricketer
Btw I’m getting runout while still inside the crease. Looks like a clear bug to me.

flintoff

School Cricketer
I played on the Switch for a couple of hours last night. Having played all the previous cricket games from Big Ant, I was impressed with the new game.

Matches take about 1 min 30 seconds to load. There’s still a bit of stutter on the cutscenes, which if it was on PS4 would be unacceptable, but you have to cut the Switch version some slack.

I find the resolution when batting in undocked mode a little murky. The ball can be hard to see and therefore time well. No such problems when docked on my 50” tv.

The core gameplay is generally excellent. Only had a couple of t20 matches, but it feels like a more well rounded cricket game now Big Ant has been working on them for 4-5 years.

Hopefully there will be lots of improvements to come. Academy downloads being a key one. I’d like some new stuff in the stadium editor too, there’s so many more items on the default stadiums they could nick, like media centres, pavilions, stand cambers etc.

Overall, being able to play a fully fledged cricket game on my commute to work is a great prospect.

Dmayne

School Cricketer
The option to download teams without a Nintendo membership will not be in this patch according to Bigant.
Very disappointing as it is key to the game ofcourse. That being said i guess people who do play online (and that would be alot) can download at will. As much as i love the Switch version it is so frustrating that something like the above has happened and Nintendo and Bigant didn't see it coming. Hope it gets sorted soon.

Edit: i normally never moan but it's just the fact that this problem may exist for a while.

On this, did you get a rough idea on a timescale it'll be fixed?

pinku

Associate Captain
On this, did you get a rough idea on a timescale it'll be fixed?

All i got from Bigant was it's not in the current patch and that they will let us know when it can be fixed.

davevalo

School Cricketer
Not seeing any wickets lighting up when hit by the ball.
Is this omitted from the switch version?
Also in watching the big wheel for a batter, it only shows the six's hit, and doesnt show the 1's, 2's or 4's.
Also highlights reel needs fixing.
Cut scene loading needs fixing.
Loading time needs to be reduced if possible.
There is stability issues, picture/video is flashing. Not as bad before first patch though.
Nintendo online -Cricket academy issue need to be sorted.

However, all in all still enjoying switch version a lot both in handheld and docked.
If above issues are fixed, it can become the best version.

manueld12

Club Cricketer
There’s a new update out on Switch which address the laggy fielding and cutscenes are a lot smoother

billionaiire

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Does anyone know if this game will be released in the US store by BA/Nintendo? It’s quite annoying because I already have a Nintendo US online membership and the game cannot be played / redeemed on the US store if I get it shipped from UK.

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Does anyone know if this game will be released in the US store by BA/Nintendo? It’s quite annoying because I already have a Nintendo US online membership and the game cannot be played / redeemed on the US store if I get it shipped from UK.

If you mean online, then it releases on 11th June.

Pat

International Coach

If you mean online, then it releases on 11th June.

warpfactor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Users who are viewing this thread