Cricket 19 Nintendo switch.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just a Switch US account. Did you get yours? I think even the timing of shots is a bit different than the other console versions (due to the difference in fps).
Yea, I got mine. I have only played it handheld on the Switch, it is obviously a bit lower quality in handheld, but surprisingly plays really well. Enjoyable.

mohsin.gamer33

School Cricketer
Played 3 matches in handheld mode Run very well really enjoyable. Game is blurry Little res Boost required

ajamils

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
So despite some earlier concerns I did purchase the game on Switch yesterday and played few games and my initial impression is that there are definitely few things that need fixing but overall it is quite enjoyable game. Plus it is the only version that allows you to hide from the wife in home office and play while "working" ;)

Following things need fixing ASAP, that would make things a lot better
- Ball pitch marker during batting. It is VERY difficult to see in handheld mode.
- Ability to download teams without Nintendo subscription (already paying for PSN and Xbox Live so don't want to buy another one)
- Replays and highlights: These are totally broken. Too much jerkiness, weird camera angles and sometime the replay does not even show the whole action. Like I hit a six and all it showed was the ball hitting the bat.
- When I go to change the field and click on present, I don't see any other fielding configuration. Why is that?

hackoder

County Cricketer
Similar impressions after playing 4 games in career mode (mostly handheld):

Pros:
- Great to have a full cricket game on the switch
- Gameplay similar to Ashes Cricket on PC.

Cons:
- Loading times are high
- Handheld is definitely blurry. It can be improved somewhat by using one of the 'close' cameras.

Hopefully BA can continue to fix issues (at least make fonts sharper in handheld mode). Overall, a must-buy. Glad to finally have an excellent portable cricket game.

topanaris

School Cricketer
The issue is handheld mode. Everything is off even the timing of the shots are off. In docked mode the game is fine but I think the main reason many of us opted for the Switch was to have the freedom of not being tied to our couches. I am running 1.01 version of the game (you can verify your version by highlighting the game on the home screen and pressing "+"). Sorry but as blurry as handheld mode is, to me its unplayable and the occasional frame dips will invariably throw the timing of your shots off - bowling is not that big a deal. I am sure after playing for a while you will invariably get used to it but for me its a bit rough.

Docked mode - no issues whatsoever.

Last edited:

Shubham Arora

Club Cricketer
The issue is handheld mode. Everything is off even the timing of the shots are off. In docked mode the game is fine but I think the main reason many of us opted for the Switch was to have the freedom of not being tied to our couches. I am running 1.01 version of the game (you can verify your version by highlighting the game on the home screen and pressing "+"). Sorry but as blurry as handheld mode is, to me its unplayable and the occasional frame dips will invariably throw the timing of your shots off - bowling is not that big a deal. I am sure after playing for a while you will invariably get used to it but for me its a bit rough.

Yeah the frame rate drops during batting is an issue. I initially thought my timing is off due to the change from 60 fps on Xbox one to lesser fps on Switch (seems to be in 20s to me), but I think it's more about the frame rate drop.

Shubham Arora

Club Cricketer
So despite some earlier concerns I did purchase the game on Switch yesterday and played few games and my initial impression is that there are definitely few things that need fixing but overall it is quite enjoyable game. Plus it is the only version that allows you to hide from the wife in home office and play while "working" ;)

Following things need fixing ASAP, that would make things a lot better
- Ball pitch marker during batting. It is VERY difficult to see in handheld mode.
- Ability to download teams without Nintendo subscription (already paying for PSN and Xbox Live so don't want to buy another one)
- Replays and highlights: These are totally broken. Too much jerkiness, weird camera angles and sometime the replay does not even show the whole action. Like I hit a six and all it showed was the ball hitting the bat.
- When I go to change the field and click on present, I don't see any other fielding configuration. Why is that?

If you have Amazon prime in the US, you can actually have Nintendo Online for free for a year (three months initially and after 2 months, you can have another 9 months). I am not based out of US, but made use of my brother's Amazon prime membership.

flintoff

School Cricketer
I wouldn't be too hopeful about a resolution increase for handheld mode. I'm assuming they are already pushing the Switch close to it's limits, which is why it's blurry in the first place. Any more sharpness will result in a less stable frame rate I'd guess. Hope I'm wrong.

ajamils

Club Cricketer
If you have Amazon prime in the US, you can actually have Nintendo Online for free for a year (three months initially and after 2 months, you can have another 9 months). I am not based out of US, but made use of my brother's Amazon prime membership.
How? I have been a prime member for many years.

Shubham Arora

Club Cricketer
How? I have been a prime member for many years.

Go to Twitch Prime and link your Amazon account to your Twitch account. This way you'll first get the Twitch Prime membership for free (which comes bundled with Amazon Prime). Once you have the Twitch and Amazon account linked, you can claim your free Nintendo Online subscription from Twitch Prime.

imhassan

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360

I guess I'll wait for the PC version. Don't think that a laggy batting experience will make for a good cricket game.

Shubham Arora

Club Cricketer
So I played an ODI at Border Field yesterday and the game played really smooth throughout my gameplay in handheld(no frame drops at all). I think the crowd density is lesser in that stadium and no songs play in between overs, so that might be a reason. A few more tweaks and it will only get good.

Reactions: DAP

Users who are viewing this thread