Cricket 19 Nintendo switch.

davevalo

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Like 5 or 6 patches have been released for PS4
4 For Xbox 1
BUT
Only ONE for the Switch so far.
Next time I am either not buying from this company or waiting 2 months and then purchasing the PS4 version.
They gave their priority to PS4 mostly then Xbox and seems to have forgotten about switch.

kamy100

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Like 5 or 6 patches have been released for PS4
4 For Xbox 1
BUT
Only ONE for the Switch so far.
Next time I am either not buying from this company or waiting 2 months and then purchasing the PS4 version.
They gave their priority to PS4 mostly then Xbox and seems to have forgotten about switch.

Big Ant submit patches to Nintendo, they are the ones who approve and release them. Sony are very quick but Nintendo's process seems to take longer, this is the case for a lot of multi-platform games on the Switch.

plodder

School Cricketer
Has anyone come across any player injuries on the Switch version?

On a tour and when resuming my save, the game keeps on crashing when one of my bowlers gets injured. I could just change the bowler but want to establish if this is a legitimate bug as I can easily recreate it.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I don't currently own a switch, but am considering one. Every sunday I take my daughter to Russian language lessions in the next town and I'm sat at a loose end for 3 hours so I was thinking of getting one to kill time. Is cricket 19 worth playing on switch?

Does anyone have c19 on both switch AND ps4? If so, how would the experiences compare?

PristineR

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I don't currently own a switch, but am considering one. Every sunday I take my daughter to Russian language lessions in the next town and I'm sat at a loose end for 3 hours so I was thinking of getting one to kill time. Is cricket 19 worth playing on switch?

Does anyone have c19 on both switch AND ps4? If so, how would the experiences compare?

I have it on both PS4 as well as Switch. There is definitely a difference specially when you play with the Joycons attached to the console. i have been playing on the switch lately and its a joy but i feel the kind of control you get on your shots on the PS4 is not the same on switch (probably i am not so used to the placement and size of the buttons and triggers). I bought the switch only for cricket 19. I hope we do have the patch soon which might change a few things specially the loading times and the stutter in frame rate.

The resolution is also another issue but boy having a full cricket simulator on a portable console is fun.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

I have liked it as a portable option, it’s fun and feels awesome to play such a developed game on the go. Of Course, graphics, shot making and other things are very different to consoles (I have the game on both Switch and PS4)! Docked In, Switch still lacks in front of PS4, there’s some lag in comparison to PS4, which is very fluid! The ability to play on the go, is what makes the switch version worth it!

plodder

School Cricketer

I have it on both the PS4 and Switch.

The gameplay between the two is identical (aside from the divergence in timings for patch updates). To the point raised above, I haven't noticed any difference in terms of shot placement etc but agree placement on the switch is a little fiddlier due to the analogue stick. The only negative points for me are 1) loading times pre game (c90 seconds), 2) end of session highlights packages load/play glitches and 3) occasional frame rate drops.

The graphics aren't as good as the PS4 but I have been pleasantly surprised by how good they are. In terms of battery life, I'm getting 3-4 hours of continuous play per full charge. I haven't tried online play but I suspect it will be as farcical as the PS4 version.

I don't think there is a big drop off on the Switch vs the PS4 version and hopefully future patches can address some of the above issues. Ultimately, I think its a personal decision on how important the above points are versus having a near identical version of the game available on a handheld device. Personally, I have found that even when I have a chance to play the PS4 version I still end up on the Switch!

If you do end up buying it for the Switch, don't get it via the eShop under the misguided belief that its the only way for you to get a digital only version (a mistake I almost made!). All retailers are digital only for Cricket 19 on the Switch and its considerably cheaper elsewhere.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I have it on both PS4 as well as Switch. There is definitely a difference specially when you play with the Joycons attached to the console. i have been playing on the switch lately and its a joy but i feel the kind of control you get on your shots on the PS4 is not the same on switch (probably i am not so used to the placement and size of the buttons and triggers). I bought the switch only for cricket 19. I hope we do have the patch soon which might change a few things specially the loading times and the stutter in frame rate.

The resolution is also another issue but boy having a full cricket simulator on a portable console is fun.

Thanks. Yeah I appreciate it won’t be as good as the PS4 but also given it’s a platform I don’t know much about I wanted to check it was worthwhile[DOUBLEPOST=1561029166][/DOUBLEPOST]Thanks @DAP and @plodder also.

I may take the plunge if I think my wife won’t kill me

Reactions: DAP

davevalo

School Cricketer
Cricket 19 Switch Patch Update:

0732d6112a0ac7c880b0d3c8d976dcc4.png

Graham75990

School Cricketer
Hello everyone, on the Nintendo switch version of the game, can you use the controllers motion to swing the controller to hit the ball?

billionaiire

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Has anyone witnessed that the challenge function is essentially broken for edged behind the wicket reviews? I clearly hear an edge and yet no catching option appears, let alone the review later. The umpire just shakes head! :)

Otherwise, really enjoying the game on Nintendo Switch - loading time is a bit too long but I can live with that if some of these bugs are fixed.

plodder

School Cricketer
Hello everyone, on the Nintendo switch version of the game, can you use the controllers motion to swing the controller to hit the ball?

The Switch version has the same control options as PS4/XBox, it doesn’t make use of the Switch motion control functionality

plodder

School Cricketer
Has anyone witnessed that the challenge function is essentially broken for edged behind the wicket reviews? I clearly hear an edge and yet no catching option appears, let alone the review later. The umpire just shakes head! :)

Otherwise, really enjoying the game on Nintendo Switch - loading time is a bit too long but I can live with that if some of these bugs are fixed.

The option to use DRS is definitely there for me, I have auto fielding on so can’t comment on the catching options but I do know this has been an intermittent issue on all platforms since release...

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Update from BA:

Users who are viewing this thread