Cricket 2002 Player editor creators

crick4life

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Guys who did player editors for C2K2 can fix the default line up issues with another of such editor. The player names are in roster.pak under my documents\user\EA Sports\Cricket 2004. The player attributes and default lineups can be edited via this I think. It can be done even without an editor using Hex edits but its quite dirty and can get a little messy for those who are not very used to using Hex editing.

Its like this lets say you want to make S.Tendulkar a middle order bat as against opener as in the game. Open roster.pak with any hex editing software and search for the text string Tendulkar.

Have a look at the following example :

Text string :

S.Tendulkar.........}.

The corresponding Hex string for the above text string is :

532E 5465 6E64 756C 6B61 7200 0000 0000 A900 1000 7D01

The "01" hex value which corresponds to text string "." is where he is destined to bat in the games, change 01 to 04 . This will make him a middle order batsman as against opener. Every attribute of a player can be changed by hex editing but as I said its quite messy and time consuming.

Just a heads up to those brilliant guys who came up with editor for C2K2, you guys can walk all over the EA default editor with your expertise.

Again we may have an option of changing the saved game in the same directory, surely there is a reference to a player but a close look will reveal the reference to the position number of the player. I am guessing if we change this to the other player's position number we should have the team we want.

Last edited:

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Good work again ravi - a good player /line up editor will help us get round the 2nd innings reverting to default line up bug. At least until EA release a patch to fix it ;)

jamesdriscoll

Club Cricketer
I don't have the game yet, so I don't know exactly how the files and folders work in the directory. Is this roster.pak file seperate from the .gob files?

kmk1284

Club Cricketer
forget bout ea releasing a patch we should thank them for releasing the game atleast orelse this game would have gone the "duke nukem forever" way

crick4life

International Cricketer
Originally posted by jamesdriscoll
I don't have the game yet, so I don't know exactly how the files and folders work in the directory. Is this roster.pak file seperate from the .gob files?

Thats right, its in the working folder and is seperate from .gob file. From what I can see is this file has database of player names and with hex editing the attributes can be changed. I can send you this file if you wish to take a look at, let me know.

Ritwik

co-founder
Originally posted by kmk1284
forget bout ea releasing a patch we should thank them for releasing the game atleast orelse this game would have gone the "duke nukem forever" way

Lol ... duke nukem forever ! That game should be awared "Longest development cycle (read: never ending)"

voy1d

School Cricketer
Originally posted by crick4life
Have a look at the following example :

Text string :

S.Tendulkar.........}.

The corresponding Hex string for the above text string is :

532E 5465 6E64 756C 6B61 7200 0000 0000 A900 1000 7D01

The "01" hex value which corresponds to text string "." is where he is destined to bat in the games, change 01 to 04 . This will make him a middle order batsman as against opener. Every attribute of a player can be changed by hex editing but as I said its quite messy and time consuming.

I've been editing the roster.pak file with a hex editor and have been trying to replicate this in my game, however it seems to have no bearing on where the player bats...

Users who are viewing this thread