Cricket 2004 Problems and glitches

f0bstyle

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
i am playing a test match right now and i hate batting. every odd ball is way wide of offstump and goes for either four byes or four wides depending on the width, sometimes down the legside too. i think in one session i got 77 runs off extras, either wides or byes. its awful, this has to be fixed.

i am beginning to hate this game with a passion

I

imported_tegg02

I hit every ball or place it ... depending on Test or ODI
mooo!! I wonder if they ever beta tested this game
how cud they not notice this

C

chenga

bugs i've discovered so far (PC):

1) num of byes conceded by keeper
2) silly point fielder walking across pitch during deliveries (!!!)
3) can't set custom field for right arm leg spinner
4) can't play a single test with venue of your choice
5) occasional quitting to desktop
6) occasional refusal to accept any field except for standard1
7) ball fielded very close to boundary -> no one collect the return throw -> commentator said boundary -> not registered as 4 on scoreboard
8) team lineup changes between 1st and 2nd innings
9) massive amount of runouts (ie. 11 out of 11) by the CPU teams in one day matches
10) commentator saying it's the last over before lunch/tea/stump, when it is really the 2nd last.
11) fielder dive even when ball is nowhere close to him
12) fielders seems to run along wrong lines when chasing balls heading for the boundary.
13) not out batsman registered as Caught and bowled (with no bowler name)
14) occasional missing bowler name on scorecard

i'm sure there's more as this is doubtlessly "Cricket 2004 Beta"~~~

but who can blame EA for bringing this game out be4 X'mas (at least in so-called Southern hemisphere)?
afterall in Australia they're expecting record x'mas spending, and record credit card debt this festive season...

pls correct me or add to the list if u can find more!

N

Nirav85

the silly point glitch is funyny when u first see it...i was like whats going on...it was quite funny

C

carthage01

Originally posted by chenga@Dec 22 2003, 09:45 PM
bugs i've discovered so far (PC):

1) num of byes conceded by keeper
2) silly point fielder walking across pitch during deliveries (!!!)
3) can't set custom field for right arm leg spinner
4) can't play a single test with venue of your choice
5) occasional quitting to desktop
6) occasional refusal to accept any field except for standard1
7) ball fielded very close to boundary -> no one collect the return throw -> commentator said boundary -> not registered as 4 on scoreboard
8) team lineup changes between 1st and 2nd innings
9) massive amount of runouts (ie. 11 out of 11) by the CPU teams in one day matches
10) commentator saying it's the last over before lunch/tea/stump, when it is really the 2nd last.
11) fielder dive even when ball is nowhere close to him
12) fielders seems to run along wrong lines when chasing balls heading for the boundary.
13) not out batsman registered as Caught and bowled (with no bowler name)
14) occasional missing bowler name on scorecard

i'm sure there's more as this is doubtlessly "Cricket 2004 Beta"~~~

but who can blame EA for bringing this game out be4 X'mas (at least in so-called Southern hemisphere)?
afterall in Australia they're expecting record x'mas spending, and record credit card debt this festive season...

pls correct me or add to the list if u can find more!

Yup totally agree with all of your comments there. These glitches are making the game as unenjoyable as cricket 2002. Oh wells, guess we'll have to wait till cricket 2011 or something till we get a "bug-free" version of cricket.

kalavala

Club Cricketer
hi,
This list itself explains that EA again failed in properly testing this game. Lets send this to andrew wilson producer of cricket 2004 requesting him to bring out a patch as soon as possible (if he is not convinced lets send him a mail with the screenshots of cricket 2004 bugs). I am sure he will listen to us as he said in the interview with vineet that his job depends on how the game sells, if there are few bugs removed by patch then I sure Cricket 2004 will sell more than Cricket 2002. so I am asking Vineet to please inform andew politely about these bugs and lets hope for the best.

babai

chrishinton85

Club Cricketer
Originally posted by babai@Dec 22 2003, 10:33 PM
hi,
? ? This list itself explains that EA again failed in properly testing this game. Lets send this to andrew wilson producer of cricket 2004 requesting him to bring out a patch as soon as possible (if he is not convinced lets send him a mail with the screenshots of cricket 2004 bugs). I am sure he will listen to us as he said in the interview with vineet that his job depends on how the game sells, if there are few bugs removed by patch then I sure Cricket 2004 will sell more than Cricket 2002. so I am asking Vineet to please inform andew politely about these bugs and lets hope for the best.

babai
Yes babai that might b a gud idea!!!!!!!1 ^_^

-$ohail-

Club Cricketer
Iam getting back to the INTEL problem
I recall someone posting yesterday that if the game c2k4 is made easily accessible for low end gfx users ,then the hi tech gfx card users will not get gr8 gfx .
It is not true in any case
TAKE THE CASE OF FIFA again :
it works fine on all chipsets,gfx cards does not even require 4MB vram
Why can`t EA AUS do the same for c2k4 .
Surely money is not the matter in this case
I want andrew to reply
BTW Andrew did u receive the private message sent to u
Bye
ADi

I

imported_potter

Hey guys, talking about bugs. I found one on PS2. See that "Confidence Meter" ... when you play, if you miss a ball, your confidence will go down. But if the CPU hits a four and then misses the ball, or balls, his confidence will stay there. I dont know if others have experienced this, but this happened with me.See for your self. But personally, I wont blame EA for leaving these bugs. See, they still have done a decent job. Try getting the positives instead of bragging about the negetive. They've still done a good job. But thats just my opinion, yours may be different.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Originally posted by adi123@Dec 22 2003, 05:10 PM
Iam getting back to the INTEL problem
I recall someone posting yesterday that if the game c2k4 is made easily accessible for low end gfx users ,then the hi tech gfx card users will not get gr8 gfx .
It is not true in any case
TAKE THE CASE OF FIFA again :
it works fine on all chipsets,gfx cards does not even require 4MB vram
Why can`t EA AUS do the same for c2k4 .
FIFA 2004 requires a 100% Direct X 9 graphics card with 32MB of VRAM.

what is wrong with ea,why has it unleashed this pain and suffering on us. :cheezy:

-$ohail-

Club Cricketer
Mr Andrew , the fact is that if FIFA 2004 requires a high system spec its o.k as it gives us some breathtaking graphics but c2k4 does not give us that kind of gfx ? Is it?
FIFA 2003 worked gr8 on my P.C with specs
with the detail set to max
Iam not lying
733Mhz
128 MB RAM
810 gfx accelerator 4MB vram
Bye
Aditya

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
FIFA 2003 is more than a year old.

A PC that was top of the range a year ago, is now nowhere near top of the range. A PC which was bottom of the range a year ago, is now obsolete.

Anyway, I need not get into a discussion on this.

L

liquid_decoy_006

Another bug (ps2 version) is when a spinner bowls and a silly point catches and when the umpire gives it out, all the fielders just stay there as if its not out until like 1/2 a minute later the batsman walks.

Users who are viewing this thread