Cricket 2005 file formats and changes

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have started a thread in the patch team forum about this. So we can keep it nice and clean and shiny, and share our knowledge.

T20

Panel of Selectors
you guys are working too hard..I salute ye :hpraise

man this sucks bigtime.

Salman1k

School Cricketer
If the pacing files are the same... this game is basically the same game as Cricket 2004 when it comes to the AI.

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
Salman1k said:
If the pacing files are the same... this game is basically the same game as Cricket 2004 when it comes to the AI.

Not just AI. Everything except graphics and animations it seems. I would love to know what the developers (and I use the term "developers" loosely) at HB Studios have been doing for the past year.

Playing minesweeper?

I mean for ****s sake, they have about 2 "picking up the ball" animations for the fielders. I dread to think how hard it would be to pierce a proper ring of fielders looking at the way the fielders float over to the ball all of a sudden.

And I keep looking at the fielding radar (with not one player behind square) and thinking, "I wish I could just nudge the bloody thing around the corner". It seems that the only shot I can play to the off side behind square with is play the reverse sweep and hope the ball hits me in the chest and the ball rockets away for 2.

If I was a batsman and was unable to play the ball behind square and had to take blows to the chest to do so, I would give the game up. Unless I was Brian Close. Though he'd probably head-butt the thing.

I think I will release a very useful utility for you all to test out on your computers. Basically, what it does is scan your hard drive(s) for Cricket2005.exe and stores that path in a variable, say, "FileName". The next lines would read:

Kill FileName
Msgbox "Congratulations, you have ridded your computer of a virus"
End

And if anyone here actually likes this game or thinks it could stand up to Brian Lara IC 2005 then give me your best. You will be arguing on a losing side. Not to mention the fact that you will be arguing against the entire forum. Probably.

What a load of crap this game is.

Still, I'll probably buy it.

brad352

Executive member
lazy_chesnut said:
And I keep looking at the fielding radar (with not one player behind square) and thinking, "I wish I could just nudge the bloody thing around the corner". It seems that the only shot I can play to the off side behind square with is play the reverse sweep and hope the ball hits me in the chest and the ball rockets away for 2.

What's wrong with a late cut?

sunsamrat1980

Club Captain
Shot Editing files

One more news for today. The shot files are also similar to what we had in Cricket 2004. Please find them attached below.

Attachments

• Shot editing files.zip
    51.5 KB · Views: 170

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
@ brad: Late cut hasn't worked for me so far. Keeps missing and sometimes gets bowled.

Has anyone noticed that sometimes you will be out bowled even though it looks like there is a good inch or two between the ball and the stumps. I think, that'll be fine so I'll have a dash at it. Then the ball goes wide of the stumps and the bails fly off. Cue the extreme close up of Andrew Symonds dancing/flying/jumping/jumping/jumping. They do do a lot of jumping those chaps. Must get tired after a while.

The motion capture artists surely should have said something. "Are you sure you want me to jump around again? I've done an awful lot of that today."

brad352

Executive member
lazy_chesnut said:
@ brad: Late cut hasn't worked for me so far. Keeps missing and sometimes gets bowled.
Fair enough, I only played it twice and both backing away to good length balls (the kind that I'd be charging and hitting for six anyway, making it pointless ;) )

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Well for anyone who's fed up with the fields already. This is the file to edit: (7202a1c0fe977579ba2f2e527d7327c6.xml)

<fieldingoption>
<player id="Fielder_6">
<startpos x="6.829963" y="1.469972" />
<sequence name="Basic04b.anm" />
</player>
<player id="Fielder_1">
<startpos x="2.225011" y="-0.764996" />
</player>
<player id="Fielder_2">
<startpos x="6.229918" y="-3.224981" />