Cricket 2005 similar to Brian Lara 99?

kamranki

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hello everyone,

I picked up both Brian Lara International 2005 and Cricket 2005 from my software distributor last week.

Brian Lara 2005 feels very arcadey (priority being given to action) and Cricket 2005 feels like a simulation (at least it seems and moves realistically).

Cricket 2005 feels and plays very much like the old Brian Lara 99. In fact, some of the commentary sentences are also exactly same (though spoken by different commentators) and are triggered by similar events. Camera options in Cricket 2005 also seem as though they were borrowed from Brian Lara 99.

Did anybody else notice this? I was actually looking forward to playing Brian Lara 2005 more but it seems that Cricket 2005 is going to play like Brian Lara 99 and that's what I am actually after.

Also, I haven't played Cricket 2004.

nikhil_99

International Coach
I guess its mixture of Cricket 2000 + Cricket 2004...with respect to camera (2000) and there was also good seam movement in Cricket 2000. The camera angles (using mouse) this was present in 2000 so...thats why i think its combination of Cricket 2000 + Cricket 2004 + more better graphics

kamranki

School Cricketer
Well, what I meant is that both games seem to have been programmed by same programmers. Of course, I don't know that they were indeed programmed by the same teams. It's just what I think. IMHO, if you will.

indiancricketer

International Coach
Blic may be very unrealistic but its the best game ever...all cricket 2005 has is graphics... its really really boring...you play the same shot in that same direction for that ball...Cricket 2004 was also unrealistic but it was a great game... as anyone...it made more sense...EA screwed up cricket 2005 and thats not cool... i have never played BLIC 99 so i have no clue

Top Score

School Cricketer
Yes. All the EA Games from 2002 have had the same producer as Brian Lara/Shane Warne 99 had. So I would say he has used the code for BLC 99 and refined it :confused: over the years with the EA games.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
I don't think it is similar because BLC99 has a lot of things C2005 doesn't have. Like you can top edge a sweep to the keeper, and someother stuff...

Users who are viewing this thread