Will the three weeks early release of Cricket 2005 affect Codemasters some way ?

anmolkapoor

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Okay so its finally coming huh , Cricket 2005 will be releasing in July , great news for all of us . We all know who stole the show from EA five years ago , it was Codemasters Brian Lara Cricket 1999 and people started looking forward to a new Cricket title by the Co. but fortunately for EA, Codemasters were wasting their time with Colin Mcrae , haha and we gamers did not get what we were hoping for .

But now before the war of the consoles , another war is a about to start , BLIC 2005 VS Cricket 2005 and I somehow feel that this EA tactic or strategy of releasing the game 3 weeks earlier than the release of BLIC 2005 may be the turning point , we all know that Codemasters would have stolen the show if they would have released the game earlier but I would like to hear from you cricket loving gamers , HOW EXACTLY DO YOU THINK THE EARLY RELEASE OF CRICKET 2005 WILL AFFECT BLIC 2005 coz obviously in three weeks time we all would be so much involved in the game ??

kamy100

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
The fact that EA are releasing the game three weeks earlier than BLIC will not have that much of an affect, sure some people who may have bought BLIC may not do so but generally people will look at the demo and decide to buy it or not. If after playing the demo people find that the gameplay of BLIC is superb then you would think that they would purchase the game. Also if EA's release is "bugged" like cricket 2004 then disillusioned EA Customers may well turn to BLIC.

aprofromindia

Club Cricketer
to be honest I think this year a lot of peeple might buy both editions, but I think this year would be a deal breaking year as well as from next edition people would more likely stick to their franchisees, I would go for both, the most exciting thing about EA is the manual appealing, I wish they put in a little bit of sledging as well if possible, For Codies double wicket if properly implemented would be a sure fire hit, especially if the next vesion is online enabled and with no/minimum lag, what do you guys think ?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
aprofromindia said:
the most exciting thing about EA is the manual appealing

Please tell me you are not being serious.......are you ?

fanirama

Club Captain
Doesn't matter to me.
I'm buying EA Cricket 2005 and possibly BLIC as well. I'm impressed with EA Cricket 2005 and am excitedly looking forward to it. BLIC seems to be ok too and I think I'll be buying that as well.... ah ! who am i kidding.... I'll surely be buying both.
( hope it either releases in the US [ NTSC version ] or I can get it shipped here )

aprofromindia

Club Cricketer
Manual Appealing

I believe manual appealing would definitely make the game more interesting; and if possible they can try to implement a bit of sledging as well, that would be gr8, what do U guys think, I think it's things like this that give a game that special touch. Nice one Shailesh :cheers

Last edited:

Howzat

Club Cricketer
indiancricketer said:
i like BLIC 2005 better den CRicket 2005 doesn't seem to appeal to me much

Yer im not excited about Cricket 2005 at all...

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I don't think the early release of Cricket 2005 will effect BLIC much at all because some people won't even be buying Cricket 2005!

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
Well I would say that Cricket 2005 is much better than BLC 2005. And I am buying the former one and will try the demo of BLC first. But will buy the EA version without trying the demo.
I still trust EA. Its a big company and has got some standards. Not like Codies who are still trying to make bucks by selling new versions of Colin Mcrae whereas one version was enough to put me off. Codies simply don't have any fresh ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread