Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Storer11

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Is anyone else experiencing low scores? Played a test series Aus v Bangladesh and neither team scored over 300 the whole series. Happened the series before too. Is there a way I can fix this?
Post automatically merged:

Is anyone else experiencing low scores? Played a test series Aus v Bangladesh and neither team scored over 300 the whole series. Happened the series before too. Is there a way I can fix this?

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
What's the fix for bats either not downloading with players or the game not assigning logos?

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Ball is not spinning with spin bowling now. Anyone observed this?

This was already happening on some grounds/pitches before the latest patch where spin was just plain broken regardless, let alone since. (Xbox Series X.)

The official English & Australian grounds seem absolutely fine as far as I can tell. I can't remember spin being broken at any of the club grounds either, (although they all seemed to be set to hard/standard by default (or were if that's since been rectified), so a specific pitch type may be an aggravating factor(?)).

The worst of the broken spin issues seem to be more with other international or otherwise "fictitious" grounds, such as Lahore as one example. (I tried setting a different pitch type at affected grounds but it remained broken.)

AnmolJ

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
I asked about T20’s the other day. So going to do the same for Tests.

Having a great variety of dismissals. Including outfield catches @Langeveldt (I think it’s def linked to mentalities)

I got rolled after making footwork too difficulty. But it’s playing nicely!
The visual bug only happens to my player when he's using a jumper.

I tried bowling in the first session of a match in a few games on a grassy/medium pitch and I observed that either of the two things will happen.
1. AI will start losing wickets from the first or second over the game
or
2. AI will wait for you to change bowlers and then start losing wickets (If I am not able to pick up wickets they will run themselves out).

Is there a way to make picking up wickets look more natural or random? Cause these things look hardcoded like AI loses wickets just after the powerplay?

Coming to the variety of dismissals. LBWs look the most natural.
Caught Behinds are fine but they would look better if there are more thin edges (that end up as catches) in the game. Usually, there are only thick edges and the keeper takes one-handed catches (sometimes in front of slips).
Catching at slips to be fine, just hope the first slip can do something more in the game other than just standing.
Bowleds don't look natural at all, a set batsman not playing in the line of the ball? It looks really ugly. Plus every time you take a wicket (bowled) the stumps go flying. Can't there be instances where the ball just clips the stumps and they don't go flying around?
Catches in the circle and out-field are good but there's a way for them to look more natural. Can AI play a few shots that just caries to the fielder in the circle or the outfield?

If a player is rewarded for bowling good line and length there's nothing better than this. Hope this hard-coded stuff gets removed and things happened a bit randomly (which looks natural) across formats.
What are your thoughts?

Also tagging @JNT BA

Capture114.PNG

Wealey

ICC Board Member
The visual bug only happens to my player when he's using a jumper.

I tried bowling in the first session of a match in a few games on a grassy/medium pitch and I observed that either of the two things will happen.
1. AI will start losing wickets from the first or second over the game
or
2. AI will wait for you to change bowlers and then start losing wickets (If I am not able to pick up wickets they will run themselves out).

Is there a way to make picking up wickets look more natural or random? Cause these things look hardcoded like AI loses wickets just after the powerplay?

Coming to the variety of dismissals. LBWs look the most natural.
Caught Behinds are fine but they would look better if there are more thin edges (that end up as catches) in the game. Usually, there are only thick edges and the keeper takes one-handed catches (sometimes in front of slips).
Catching at slips to be fine, just hope the first slip can do something more in the game other than just standing.
Bowleds don't look natural at all, a set batsman not playing in the line of the ball? It looks really ugly. Plus every time you take a wicket (bowled) the stumps go flying. Can't there be instances where the ball just clips the stumps and they don't go flying around?
Catches in the circle and out-field are good but there's a way for them to look more natural. Can AI play a few shots that just caries to the fielder in the circle or the outfield?

If a player is rewarded for bowling good line and length there's nothing better than this. Hope this hard-coded stuff gets removed and things happened a bit randomly (which looks natural) across formats.
What are your thoughts?

Also tagging @JNT BA

View attachment 269360

I don’t or didn’t find this.. AI put on 57 and 109 for the first wicket. Elgar went on to make a big score.

Outfield catches.. one was a diving one off a flick to mid wicket. One was a catch at chest height of an uppish drive.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Ugh the academy really has me switched off from this game. Bats are broken for me with either no logos or players downloaded with the wrong bat, if you download a licensed team which someone has changed the squad of its a custom team making it utterly pointless and half the time it takes ages to load any searches or the academy itself in the first place.

Well done Bug Ant, I hope it's been worth it.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ball spins fine for me. If anything I've seen it on occasions turn miles.

cricboi

Club Captain
So I still can't figure out my Sim settings in career mode which prevents me from choosing bowlers each over and/or inserting myself as captain. Occasionally I can spam circle while it sims and then try to put myself in (only works half the time) while as a fielder but that still triggers the very fast sim that can go to the end of the innings.
Is there somewhere I'm not looking? Under settings I don't have any autoskips selected (I think). I went through it pretty closely yesterday and just couldn't figure it out.

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Ball spins fine for me. If anything I've seen it on occasions turn miles.

This doesn't actually surprise me at all lol.

When it's working it does spin just fine, & agreed, on certain surfaces or at the higher skill levels it is possible to really get things ripping :).

However, have you tried every possible ground available in C22, and/or tried every ground possible within an actual C22 career of itself?

I hadn't experienced an occurrence of broken spin in the last couple of patches again either until I finally got around to progressing a career through as far as the first ODI series, (Pakistan vs England at Lahore). BANG, spin suddenly & completely broken for the entire inaugural career ODI series before apparently reverting back to normal after the series final. (Reported under the bug tracking thread.) I'm pretty sure I had previously played either a standalone T20 or an ODI series at Lahore too & didn't experience broken spin at that time, but that may also have been prior to the last 2 patches as well. (It's not at all easy keeping track of the timelines or other variables (let alone if it was in or outside of an actual career) with such a turbulent track history to date.)

I also mainly use a batting all-rounder at this point in time myself & I've definitely experienced bugs exactly like this broken spin issue that haven't affected a genuine all-rounder or a bowling all-rounder as another example. Or, we've even seen some users affected when using one specific bowling or batting style where none of the other bowling/batting styles respectively have been affected by the same bug.

Overall conclusion.... Bloody AAAAGGGGGHHHHH ;).....

looney-tunes-head-bang.gif

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
So I still can't figure out my Sim settings in career mode which prevents me from choosing bowlers each over and/or inserting myself as captain. Occasionally I can spam circle while it sims and then try to put myself in (only works half the time) while as a fielder but that still triggers the very fast sim that can go to the end of the innings.
Is there somewhere I'm not looking? Under settings I don't have any autoskips selected (I think). I went through it pretty closely yesterday and just couldn't figure it out.

I'm not currently experiencing this issue & haven't for quite some time now in all honesty but it's definitely another one I put up with in earlier patches on Xbox & it was a giant pain in the backside. Yes, I see you have a PS, not Xbox ;)!! (Having said that, it wouldn't be surprising at all to hear of any past issue being reintroduced or cross platformed.)

If you're actively using the "skip" system/button at present, try going into the menu & using the specific simulate option available there instead & just sim through a batch of 5 or 10 overs at a time max. (It is awkward, clunky & ruins the flow but hopefully it'll at least allow you to retain some tactical control while still having the option to skip a batch of overs without constantly overlooking your career player. That way, if your career player is up to bowl the game will usually stop as it should if you simply skip directly.)

Nothing I changed or set in game had any effect with this bug when I experienced it & it was just broken as you've described. (C19 also experienced the same bug for a very short period of time with Xbox too but was quickly fixed.)

Fingers crossed it gets a fix sooner rather than later.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This doesn't actually surprise me at all lol.

When it's working it does spin just fine, & agreed, on certain surfaces or at the higher skill levels it is possible to really get things ripping :).

However, have you tried every possible ground available in C22, and/or tried every ground possible within an actual C22 career of itself?

I hadn't experienced an occurrence of broken spin in the last couple of patches again either until I finally got around to progressing a career through as far as the first ODI series, (Pakistan vs England at Lahore). BANG, spin suddenly & completely broken for the entire inaugural career ODI series before apparently reverting back to normal after the series final. (Reported under the bug tracking thread.) I'm pretty sure I had previously played either a standalone T20 or an ODI series at Lahore too & didn't experience broken spin at that time, but that may also have been prior to the last 2 patches as well. (It's not at all easy keeping track of the timelines or other variables (let alone if it was in or outside of an actual career) with such a turbulent track history to date.)

I also mainly use a batting all-rounder at this point in time myself & I've definitely experienced bugs exactly like this broken spin issue that haven't affected a genuine all-rounder or a bowling all-rounder as another example. Or, we've even seen some users affected when using one specific bowling or batting style where none of the other bowling/batting styles respectively have been affected by the same bug.

Overall conclusion.... Bloody AAAAGGGGGHHHHH ;).....

View attachment 269428
In terms of licenced grounds, not every ground in the world is a spinner's paradise I guess.

Solomon

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Not sure if anyone else is facing this issue. For the past 4 days, I am unable to host online games and no option to invite. I am also facing issue to connect from the custom page. If the opponent is inviting me, I am able to connect but it's taking time.
Checked the NAT and the network status and everything works fine.
I have a PS5 with both PS4 and PS5 versions of the game and was working absolutely fine until this week. Would really appreciate any help

Users who are viewing this thread